Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So you want Freeman replaced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlwaysClutch15 wrote:
There is not a single free agent QB that is an upgrade over Freeman. And we can't use a 1st rounder on a QB with the holes in our secondary. I'd like Landry Jones in the 3rd round, though, not as a replacement, but as competition. I don't believe Freeman needs to be replaced, but competition brings out the best in all of us. It's never a bad thing (unless it gets to be a controversy).
Get off the man's nuts, people! He hasn't done that bad considering his teams weren't all that good until this year. And he looked pretty good until the last month. We were even a playoff contender until we fell apart against Philly.

I'm right there with you. I'm a Freeman supporter, and there isn't anyone we can feasibly nab this offseason that would be an improvement. But the man is so inconsistent that it is mind-boggling. Consistency breeds success in the NFL, and we need to start seeing some of that from him very soon. He's young (only a year or two older than most of the QBs coming out this draft,) but this will be his 5th season so we need to see him pull it all together.

I'm on board wait until next off-season, see what he does in the '13 season, and make a decision on extending him from there. That being said, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything new this board could come up with on the topic of Freeman. It's been tirelessly beat to death. We all know how we each individually feel about him going forward, not more much to discuss.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think bringing David Garrard would be an excellent addition to help mentor Freeman in the film room and practice field. He could be the "competition" aka added veteran presence needed from the back up qb position.

I wanted them to make that move last year. Garrard has been successful qb in this league and very good work ethic and smart and savvy vet. I think freeman could benefit and learn a lot from him.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I actually think bringing David Garrard would be an excellent addition to help mentor Freeman in the film room and practice field. He could be the "competition" aka added veteran presence needed from the back up qb position.

I wanted them to make that move last year. Garrard has been successful qb in this league and very good work ethic and smart and savvy vet. I think freeman could benefit and learn a lot from him.

That's something that sounds very realistic and wouldnt mind myself

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I would be 100% behind this move. Garrard was for the most part a very solid QB, and the competition is exactly what Free needs.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Garrard. Could be a mentor and/or win some games.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will def be added in my next offseason mock.

I really am thinking about it more, and want to make it a defensive draft for the most part. I think Dekoda Watson could make some strides this offseason like we saw in Black. We dont need a stud at SLB the more I think about it, just someone that can do what Black did, maybe a bit more in pass rushing, which we've seen flashes from Black

I think a later round guy like Ron Powell from Florida or Clay or Alonzo from Oregon could do the trick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I'd like the move. The guy is a great team player.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
BBando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powell isn't leaving Florida.

garbage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: