Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So you want Freeman replaced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: So you want Freeman replaced Reply with quote

So by whom? More importanly how? Please don't give me what he doesn't do well, even the supporters (which I am) know he has defeciences. Take your shot and come up with the plan. If you can't come up with a solution, then there is no need to complain.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Shiano I would throw in Orlavsky next game. Not to replace him but to show Freeman that his job is not safe and that he is not performing well at all. Because this kind of mentality, thinking that we have no one to replace him with is what will keep him comfortable and will not a light a fire under him to step up

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing

Last edited by Calibucsfan on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about this as well. I don't see any better options available at the moment. I haven't seen enough from Freeman to give him a long term deal but a shorter "prove your worth a huge contract" deal should be considered

#EmbraceTheSuck
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda wish we drafted Russell Wilson d'oh!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
If I was Shiano I would throw in Orlavsky next game. Not to replace him but to show Freeman that his job is not safe and that he is not performing well at all. Because this kind of mentality, thinking that we have no one to replace him with is what will keep him comfortable and will not a light a fire under him to step up

Seriously? With all due respect, that's insane...

He's inconsistent, but that isn't due to him feeling comfortable and not trying hard. Every single coach has said how much work he has put in to make this offense work. For some reason people seem to forget that Freeman is leading the #1 scoring offense in the NFC and the most prolific offense in our team's history. Benching him to show a message makes no sense at all.

Freeman definitely has issues to work on; his spotty, inconsistent accuracy and his slow 2nd half starts are definitely on top of the list. He has proven a lot this season, but he still has a ways to go.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say let him play out his contract then decide
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the game thread, idk if I'm comfortable seeing him long term. 14/33? On that defense? Like c'mon man. Idk if a long term dean would excite me.

You know this guy should have 20+ ints but somehow the Defenders never catch them.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could trade Freeman for a draft pick. At best, a 2nd-round draft pick. Now, the market's pretty dry this year in the FA department and also in the draft. All the prospects are risky picks.

You could try to swap for Phillip Rivers, but who wants to take up that salary for a guy who's career has topped off. No thanks. You could trade for Tony Romo, but he chokes in the clutch too much. If Arizona cuts ties with Kolb, you could sign him to a 1-year deal. But he gets injured way too much.

So here are the only options I see. You've got to take a shot in the dark almost. You've got make a trade for Matt Flynn (who couldn't beat out a 3rd-rounder for a spot) or a low-character guy like Ryan Mallett (who's shown potential, but you never know). Perhaps even Kirk Cousins, why not?

In this scenario, you don't even have to trade Freeman. Just get a guy that if Freeman is sucking, we can actually bench him. Being real here, Freeman's still developing, but he's so wildly inconsistent it's hard to put faith in him week in and week out. You could get a guy who has 1 or 2 years to prove himself. And I'm sure by next year or the year after there'll be guys like A.J. McCarron, Aaron Murray, and Johnny Manziel Cool , who we can draft as true franchise guys.

I want Freeman to work out, I really do. But these past 3 weeks where we needed a win, and with our playoff hopes on life support today, he couldn't get the job done. Now there were other reasons for losing too, but Peyton wouldn't lose that game, Brady wouldn't lose that game, Brees wouldn't lose that game. And while I'm not saying Mallett, Flynn, Cousins, McCarron, Murray, or Johnny Football are the next Peyton or Tom, we know that Freeman isn't. And there's no reason to stay in the middle-of-the-pack for a few years just because you don't think there's a better option. Take a chance. We've got 4 years of Freeman and only 1 truly good year. This year has been a roller-coaster for Freeman.

I say let Freeman play out his contract, but he's on thin ice, and I'd really start considering bringing in some competition if I were Mark Dominik.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like any options too much to be honest..Josh Johnson? Anyone? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Well you could trade Freeman for a draft pick. At best, a 2nd-round draft pick. Now, the market's pretty dry this year in the FA department and also in the draft. All the prospects are risky picks.

You could try to swap for Phillip Rivers, but who wants to take up that salary for a guy who's career has topped off. No thanks. You could trade for Tony Romo, but he chokes in the clutch too much. If Arizona cuts ties with Kolb, you could sign him to a 1-year deal. But he gets injured way too much.

So here are the only options I see. You've got to take a shot in the dark almost. You've got make a trade for Matt Flynn (who couldn't beat out a 3rd-rounder for a spot) or a low-character guy like Ryan Mallett (who's shown potential, but you never know). Perhaps even Kirk Cousins, why not?

In this scenario, you don't even have to trade Freeman. Just get a guy that if Freeman is sucking, we can actually bench him. Being real here, Freeman's still developing, but he's so wildly inconsistent it's hard to put faith in him week in and week out. You could get a guy who has 1 or 2 years to prove himself. And I'm sure by next year or the year after there'll be guys like A.J. McCarron, Aaron Murray, and Johnny Manziel Cool , who we can draft as true franchise guys.

I want Freeman to work out, I really do. But these past 3 weeks where we needed a win, and with our playoff hopes on life support today, he couldn't get the job done. Now there were other reasons for losing too, but Peyton wouldn't lose that game, Brady wouldn't lose that game, Brees wouldn't lose that game. And while I'm not saying Mallett, Flynn, Cousins, McCarron, Murray, or Johnny Football are the next Peyton or Tom, we know that Freeman isn't. And there's no reason to stay in the middle-of-the-pack for a few years just because you don't think there's a better option. Take a chance. We've got 4 years of Freeman and only 1 truly good year. This year has been a roller-coaster for Freeman.

I say let Freeman play out his contract, but he's on thin ice, and I'd really start considering bringing in some competition if I were Mark Dominik.

Honestly, the only guy who interests me in college as a possible franchise QB, I don't believe is eligible - Teddy Bridgewater. The only guy who is going to come cheap via a trade is Flynn. I'm not sure he has the arm strength this coaching staff is looking at QB.

I know others have mentioned Mallet earlier in the year, but I don't see him being traded unless the team is willing to part with a first round draft pick. He is under control for 3 more years and I believe Brady is 36.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Never again

Edit: I completely forgot about Alex Smith. He could hold down the fort for a year or two.

tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Never again

Edit: I completely forgot about Alex Smith. He could hold down the fort for a year or two.

Dude was a baller.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex smith isn't even in the league of freeman, and josh Johnson is the genesis of a scrub
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Alex smith isn't even in the league of freeman, and josh Johnson is the genesis of a scrub

Alex Smith is actually far more accurate and has made it to a playoff game. I don't believe he's a long-term answer, but he can give a team some success.

DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Alex Smith is actually far more accurate and has made it to a playoff game. I don't believe he's a long-term answer, but he can give a team some success.

He's a game manager that had the luxury of riding the #1 defense and a top-10 run game to the playoffs. He did just enough not to screw up. A QB like that would never succeed here as our team is currently constructed.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: