Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forecasting our Draft Position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
lamont wrote:
The village idiot is looking for a job. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Lol i saw that and found it hilarious. He sounds like a high school kid. But in all seriousness he probably can help, can't get worse than Skelton and Lindley

No.....no he can't. He can barely learn an offense in 3 seasons. Let alone 4 games.

Would you have been nervous had Vince been our QB with the game on the line yesterday?

The correct answer is: There is no reason to be nervous when VY is under center with the game on the line because the ball is going in the endzone.

I was nervous every single time he took a snap and threw the ball.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
lamont wrote:

Lol i saw that and found it hilarious. He sounds like a high school kid. But in all seriousness he probably can help, can't get worse than Skelton and Lindley

No.....no he can't. He can barely learn an offense in 3 seasons. Let alone 4 games.

Would you have been nervous had Vince been our QB with the game on the line yesterday?

The correct answer is: There is no reason to be nervous when VY is under center with the game on the line because the ball is going in the endzone.

That is how Im beginning to feel about Jake, especially late in games.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
lamont wrote:

Me too, but now I am starting to expect him to blow it somehow every time Sad

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

Me too, but now I am starting to expect him to blow it somehow every time Sad

I have a ton of faith that Jake is going to be a very good QB in this league, but "clutch" is not something that you can teach. You either have it or you don't. So far, he has had like...5 chances to win us games late between the past 2 years and he has blown it every single time.

UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
lamont wrote:

He's only started in what 8 games so far? With a poor defense who can't get off the field and WR's who can't catch a ball. We want Jake to have a killer instinct but he's gotta have some help. Yes he's thrown some bad INT's but you guys are expecting him to be Peyton Manning out there. It'll take him some time. We saw that killer instinct against the Saints last year but he came up a little short and made a big rookie mistake.

I think part of the problem is like Munch has said - He's trying to do too much. Think about it, at UW he WAS the team. He had to do it all. I think he's having to relearn the game and trust his teammates to make plays for him instead of forcing things or running when he shouldn't.

I still think we need to go hurry up more often. Jake seems to do really well we he can get in a rhythm which our offense failed to do the whole second half.

On a different subject DMorgan hit Luck 7 times yesterday Twisted Evil He's looking better and better as the year goes on.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
lamont wrote:

He's only started in what 8 games so far? With a poor defense who can't get off the field and WR's who can't catch a ball. We want Jake to have a killer instinct but he's gotta have some help. Yes he's thrown some bad INT's but you guys are expecting him to be Peyton Manning out there. It'll take him some time. We saw that killer instinct against the Saints last year but he came up a little short and made a big rookie mistake.
I think Dee's main point is that, regardless of what people have said about Vince, he pulled out wins in close games. Hell, in his first 8 starts, he led go-ahead fourth quarter drives against Washington, New York, Indianapolis, Houston and Buffalo.

And people can talk about our receivers struggles, Vince led those drives with Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Justin Gage and Bo Scaife as his main targets.

Vince showed early on that he simply knew how to close out games (even if he sucked in the first three quarters), Jake has come up short numerous times in similar situations.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

I think Dee's main point is that, regardless of what people have said about Vince, he pulled out wins in close games. Hell, in his first 8 starts, he led go-ahead fourth quarter drives against Washington, New York, Indianapolis, Houston and Buffalo.

And people can talk about our receivers struggles, Vince led those drives with Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Justin Gage and Bo Scaife as his main targets.

Vince showed early on that he simply knew how to close out games (even if he sucked in the first three quarters), Jake has come up short numerous times in similar situations.

Yea, Im talking about Jake in clutch situations. You can have all the grit and toughness you want...but if you don't have that clutch gene, you aren't going to reach the pinnacle of this sport.

VY had it. Guys like Brady, the Mannings, Big Ben, Luck and RGIII even...they got it. And they showed it very early. Locker has had like 5 chances to WIN THE GAME and has failed every single time.

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Yea, Im talking about Jake in clutch situations. You can have all the grit and toughness you want...but if you don't have that clutch gene, you aren't going to reach the pinnacle of this sport.

VY had it. Guys like Brady, the Mannings, Big Ben, Luck and RGIII even...they got it. And they showed it very early. Locker has had like 5 chances to WIN THE GAME and has failed every single time.

He came through vs Detroit. Did his best to come through for us vs Houston as well, but receivers dropped passes.

It's been a slightly mixed bag in the clutch for him.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

He came through vs Detroit. Did his best to come through for us vs Houston as well, but receivers dropped passes.

It's been a slightly mixed bag in the clutch for him.

It hasn't been a mixed bag. He threw picks against Indy and JAX late, couldn't score against both ATL and NO last year and I believe he was inside the 5 both times (albeit he came in while we were down and Matt got hurt). He was OK against Detroit in OT but Detroit shot themselves in the foot with a few big-time penalties in OT.

Im a huge fan of Jake, so I don't want to come off as a "hater" or anything, but I am just calling it as I see it. He is pressing too much late in games and doesn't have the calm demeanor that the clutch QBs have late in games.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also regarding our LBs, I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing or keeping Gerlad McRath. He could be solid depth. If he comes on the cheap, which i don't see why not.
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Vince still have record for most fumbles/snap?

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Does Vince still have record for most fumbles/snap?

I don't know, but Jake should be getting pretty close to most tipped passes at the line.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think we could get Fitzgerald on this team? Maybe Brit and a 4. it would be great for Locker to have a top 3 receiver in the Lg.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grizzans3222 wrote:
Anyone think we could get Fitzgerald on this team? Maybe Brit and a 4. it would be great for Locker to have a top 3 receiver in the Lg.

No chance at this point. And I think the Cards would ask for more than Britt and a 4th.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mock draft Laughing Never too early Cool
1. Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
2. Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee
3. Robert Lester, SS, Alabama
4. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
5. Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma
5.*(Comp) Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee*
6. Steve Greer, MLB, Virgina
7. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

Last edited by justing101 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: