Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forecasting our Draft Position
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
painsworth92

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Forecasting our Draft Position Reply with quote

Today was a major success for those hoping the Titans lose out and get a better draft pick. As things stand, here are (updated after the noon games) the worst records in the league:

KC (2-11)
JAX (2-11)
OAK (3-10)
CAR (4-9)
PHI (4-9)
TEN (4-9)

ARI and DET are both (4-Cool, are playing this afternoon/evening. They do play each other next week, which is good for our draft position.

We were tied with San Diego and Cleveland, but they both won today.

Thoughts? It seems to me like the highest we could realistically pick would be #4. I think DET, CAR, and maybe even PHI (judging on how they played today) have at least another win left in them. This, of course, would be assuming we lose out. We've got NYJ, GB, and JAX. I would think we would beat Jacksonville, but, of course, that's what I thought the first time around.

I think Arizona has a pretty good chance of losing out. They blow pretty bad.

Oakland is playing KC next week, so there's a possibility that if we finished 4-12, we'd be tied with them too. Not sure if there's a tiebreaker somewhere in there or if there's a coin flip. They play Carolina the following week, so one of those two teams will almost definitely get a win.

So, it looks to me like the draft order could look something like this:

1. Kansas City (2-14)
2. Jacksonville (3-13 if they beat us)
3. Oakland (4-12)
4. Philadelphia (4-12)
5. Arizona (4-12)
6. Tennessee (4-12)

Of course, I have no idea, between slots 3-6, who picks us first. But basically if we lose out we probably won't pick any lower than sixth. I know there's a good chance we beat Jacksonville, and it's not like I'm gonna be mad if we stick it to our division rivals. If we were to win one of our next three games, though, we would be vaulted into this territory:

6. Tennessee (5-11) ***were we to beat Jacksonville
7. Carolina (5-11) ***Assuming they beat Oakland
8. Cleveland (5-11)
9. Detroit (6-10) ***Assuming they beat Arizona

San Diego could actually finish the season on a 4 game win streak; they just beat PIT, and their next three games are: Carolina, NY Jets, Oakland.

Other teams in contention to finish 5-11: New Orleans, Miami, Buffalo.

Thoughts??? Where do we want to end up? Am I not giving us a good enough chance to beat both Jacksonville and NY Jets? That'd put us in the pick 8-14 range.
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bummer that the top of the draft is relatively weak this year. This seems to always happen when we have bad years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:
It's a bummer that the top of the draft is relatively weak this year. This seems to always happen when we have bad years.

Someone will get some hype...
Someone will have a monster Senior Bowl, have a great 40 at the combine..something... Hype train hasn't started.

But, I think there are some real good players... Maybe not worth Top 5-10 status but good players that could be cornerstones...
1. Bjorn Werner
2. Star Lotulelei
3. Sam Montgomery
4. Dee Millner
5. Johnathan Banks
6. Barkevious Mingo,
7. Manti Te'o,
8. Jarvis Jones
9. David Amerson
10. Damontre Moore
Blazed-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:

Are you serious? this is a great year unless you need a RB, CB or a QB.

Lol @ David Amerson. you must be trolling
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed- wrote:
VinceYoung1010 wrote:

Didn't say he was a top pick, but I think he could be a good player in the league...maybe even turned to safety.... just an early opinion
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed- wrote:
VinceYoung1010 wrote:

ok give me a big name can't miss prospect in the vein of Luck, Griffin, Trent Richardson, Von Miller, or AJ Green. I'm not saying it's a weak draft, or even a weak first round, i'm saying top 5 top 6 there aren't many CAN'T MISS prospects. Now I see what King Titan is saying about the hype train not starting yet, same with the combine/senior bowl, but just based off of the eye test there's not a top 5 prospect out there that I say is a can't miss. Maybe that is the lack of star power at the QB position idk.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star was talked about as a top 5 pick last year and Jones a top 10 pick. Mingo has been talked about as an early draft pick for awhile now.

Amerson is not getting picked in the 1st round unless he has an amazing combine which I doubt since he does not look like a athletic freak. He gave up 4-6 TDs to Miami and Tennessee and that is not counting all the big plays he gave up in those games.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to grab Jarvis Jones and switch to a more hybrid defense or Manti Te'o. Don't get me wrong I like McCarthy but he just seems so brittle with how often he is injured. Outside of those 2 I'm not to sure with a top 10 pick.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
I'd love to grab Jarvis Jones and switch to a more hybrid defense or Manti Te'o. Don't get me wrong I like McCarthy but he just seems so brittle with how often he is injured. Outside of those 2 I'm not to sure with a top 10 pick.

You mention C-Mac as brittle but you want Jones who has spinal stenosis?

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need another MLB for depth. Hopefully we bring back Zac Diles he was playing well before the injury
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:

Honestly didn't know he had that. But he has played in all but 2 games the last 2 years and has been an absolute monster in those 2 years. If the medical checks out that is. And I was speaking more of the medical issues with grabbing Te'o.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:

Honestly didn't know he had that. But he has played in all but 2 games the last 2 years and has been an absolute monster in those 2 years. If the medical checks out that is. And I was speaking more of the medical issues with grabbing Te'o.

Te'o is solid, but not worth a top 20 pick.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Finnerception

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders and Chiefs play each other next week, Jags still get to play us. We got this #1 pick in the bag! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:

Anyone know why Colin was out this week? He have a sliver or something? Stubbed his toe? Severe case of the hiccups?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we get Star, then get a S, NB, DE depth, backup RB, and o-line help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: