Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Winning Streak Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft Winning Streak Edition Reply with quote

Sign

WR Danny Amendola

Amendola will completely open up the passing game. With Gordon and Little on the outside, Amendola will be able to work the middle and be a first down machine.

DE Michael Johnson

Johnson would create the pressure off the edge we have been longing for. Johnson, Sheard, Taylor, Rubin, Winn, Rucker, Hughes, Parker, and Kitchen give us a very deep, talented, and versatile front four.

FS Louis Delmas

He has had his injury problems but will be a cheaper signing. FS is one of many positions that will need addressed this offseason. Signing Delmas potentially gives us a long term answer there but if he does not stay healthy we can roll with Young and Gipson and look towards the draft next year.

Draft

1. CB Jonathan Banks

Banks is a big, athletic, and fast. He has long arms and is physical. Banks should develop into a very solid play making corner and an awesome #2. Haden and Banks will make things very difficult for opposing receivers.

Trade 3rd and 4th to move into 2nd
2. TE Zach Ertz

If adding Amendola didnt open up the passing game, Ertz will. We need a play maker at TE and Ertz can be that. Ertz is a big target who could help solve the red zone troubles. If Cameron can develop, Ertz and Cameron can cause some problems for the defenses as well.

5. NLB Kenny Tate

Tate is an answer to the TE position. He is big for a saftey and smaller for an every down line backer. Tate can be a guy you stick on a TE and shut him down. If he had been healthy his whole career he probably would of went a lot higher.

6. FB Zach Line

Line is a FB that can carry the ball and catch it out of the backfield. He will need to develop as a blocker but has good size and could pair nicely with Richardson and Hardesty.

7. P Ryan Allen

An elite punter could make our defense that much better. If we are able to pin defenses down our play makers will have a chance to create more turnovers and put our offense in better field position.

Depth Chart

QB Weeden/McCoy
HB Richardson/Hardesty/Ogbonnaya
FB Line
WR Gordon/Little/Amendola/Benjamin/Massaquoi/Cribbs/Norwood
TE Ertz/Cameron/Watson
LT Thomas/O'Niel
LG Pinkston/Greco
C Mack
RG Lauvao
RT Schawrtz/Miller

LE Sheard/Parker
DT Taylor/Winn/Kitchen
DT Rubin/Hughes
RE Johnson/Rucker/Stephens
OLB Robertson/Maiava/Tate
MLB Jackson/Fort/Carder
OLB Gocong/Johnson
CB Haden/Patterson/Skrine
FS Delmas/Young/Hagg
SS Ward/Gipson
CB Banks/Brown/Bademosi

K Phil Dawson
P Ryan Allen

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.

Last edited by FEARtheELF on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is your first mock tat I have liked I think... ?

I'm good with the fAs,.. good with your first two picks... Tank isn't the first de I would choose there but not my last either...

I don't like Robertson starting at Will next year. That is the one hole that jumps out to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel like we need a guard and the kind of money Levitre is going to get could be better spent keeping our own players. In the next 3 years almost all of our good players are going to have expiring contracts do to 1st rounders no only getting 4 year deals.(Mack, Lauvao, Ward in 2014 thn Little, Pinkston, Haden, Sheard, Taylor, Rubin in 2015 and Richardon, Weeden, Gordon, Benjamin, Schwartz, JMJ, Winn, Hughes in 2016). We can better spend that money. Guards are not worth top dollar.

I also HATE the TE signing. I have never watch Fasano can came away thinking he was even remotely good. As much as a don't care for the long term of Ben Watson he would still be a better option.

Everything else I like espcially getting Johnson and Carradine. Those guys paired with Sheard, Rucker and even Stephens will be a nasty rotation.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I also HATE the TE signing. I have never watch Fasano can came away thinking he was even remotely good. As much as a don't care for the long term of Ben Watson he would still be a better option.

if you look t the depth chart provided fasano replaces Smith. Watson is resigned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing you missed is LB.

Prefer Jenkins to Carradine in the 3rd personaly

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

if you look t the depth chart provided fasano replaces Smith. Watson is resigned.

Yeah Fasano is a better version of Smith. More of a blocker but can catch more passes then Smith.

As far as the guard thing, guards are very important for our run game to evolve. Our guards do not open up holes for Trent to make plays and he is dodging players in the backfield more then looking for the hole. Levitre will be a very important signing for the offense. He would go to LG and I would imagine Pinkston or Greco starting at RG over Lauvao.

stallyns wrote:
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
I would imagine Pinkston or Greco starting at RG over Lauvao.

Now that I'm not big on...

Pinkston was not a good run blocker when he was healthy, and no one knows if he will even return to the team next season... Greco has been a surprise fill in, and been much better than expected. However, Unless Greco can beat out lauvao in camp I think lauvao would be the starter and Greco would return to backup, and come in on heavy packages instead of cousins (who would shock me if he was on the team next season)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this mock. Some LB issues wouldn't draft DE and sign but minus that I like FA and love most of your picks.

^^^Jamison^^^
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft but agree with Kam Trus on free agency. Rather sign a safety in free agency.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
I like the draft but agree with Kam Trus on free agency. Rather sign a safety in free agency.

Me too.

Our G's are fine. Some fans just seem to insist that every lineman be a first rounder or some mess.

Our OL has been awfully good this season.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some things in to consideration and made some changes

stallyns wrote:
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be incredibly satisfied with this offseason. We come away with a load of starters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: