Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

After Sunday, it's Chip Kelly or Bust
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundScan wrote:

You just need to admit that coaching hires are a total crap-shoot.

So is the draft, but there's a reason a guy like Coty Sensabaugh was drafted in the 4th round, while a guy like Mo Claiborne went in the 1st.

same concept applies here.

**RIP Steve McNair**
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Chip Kelly guy... if he ends up being the guy, I'm fine with it... but he's not a guy I'd target.

The one thing he does have over Munchack is that he at least has the experience of being the guy making the calls at a major level. He went up what I believe a good career path to be... RB/OL coach at one spot, then promoted to OC... promoted to a higher competition OC position... then got HC job.

Munchak had never even been asked to put together a gameplan... it was too big of a jump. Last season was a mirage in my opinion... in a season where coaching was largely nullified, due to the shortened offseason after the lockout. Last year relied heavily on on-field leadership (Hass to be more exact) to help the team succeed. This year, with Locker experiencing some growing pains, Munchak has failed to step up and be the rallying point on the team.

To me, its almost like a form of nepotism... yeah, Munchak may not be related to the old man... but Munch has been with the team since 1983. It was almost like, well, Munch has been good to us, a HOF career, decent onlines... let's just give him the job... because we like him (or in the old man's terms, we're fond of him). Nobody else was even sniffing around attempting to give him an OC job.

Heck, I like Munchak too... and I hate that this failed experiment likely signals the end of his career as an Oiler/Titan. I don't blame him either for taking the job... put in the similar position, I'd do the same, trusting my abilities to learn quickly. But it hasn't worked, and likely won't work anytime soon. It's time to cut bait, and go with someone ready to take that next step (whether they actually succeed or not, is to be seen...) Right now, there's not even a hint of positives concerning Munchak...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: