Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

After Sunday, it's Chip Kelly or Bust
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niznag74

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly would be interesting and I wouldn't mind Gruden. I know it would never happen, but it would be a dream if Dungy came back and signed with us.
TheHurtLocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Andy Reid over Gruden, and probably over Chip Kelly. The guy needs a fresh start somewhere new, kinda like how Fisher got a fresh start.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if....

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a nice article on Chip Kelly and why his offense can work in the NFL.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8631595/the-success-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-offense-more-familiar-seems

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Chip is not coming here. Never would he even consider us.

Why do you say that? I've seen a few people say it, but not sure why.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly... I'm not against him.

Gruden... just no. Dude did win a Super Bowl with Tampa... using a team built by another coach. He then proceeded to ride that team on a downward hill. Let him stick with announcing.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

Gruden... just no. Dude did win a Super Bowl with Tampa... using a team built by another coach. He then proceeded to ride that team on a downward hill. Let him stick with announcing.

I'd say this is my overall attitude on the situation as well.

Though Chip Kelly really is growing on me as a potential candidate.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

A lot of people say that Gruden took Dungy's team to the Super Bowl which yes he did... But who did that team beat in the Super Bowl?

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
After watching what he's done with the Rams, I'm wishing we would have never ran off Fisher. I know tempers flared here, but a lot of the problem was Vince Young.

Oh well, I guess. He's sitting back laughing at us now.

Fisher's time with this team had run out. He's not done that much with the Rams as of now. That team is loaded with talent before he ever got there.

Loaded with talent? Really? I don't see much star power there. At the skill positions, Bradford is a former #1 overall, but hasn't had much success. Jackson has had a beast career, but is in the "twilight" of his career. At WR, there is not much talent... they're starting a former UDFA and a rookie 4th rounder.

He's got more talent on D, but he still didn't inherit an all star studded unit. Long is good, Quinn has developed, and Laurenitis is a steady leader. Maybe I'm missing a lot... but that doesn't seem like a team loaded with talent.

All of that is besides the point of course. We desperately need leadership. Its the one thing completely lacking in our franchise. From the inept owner, to the suddenly silent FO, from the obviously overmatched HC and staff, to the passionless roster.

Griffin was supposed to take the leadership role, but has turned into nothing but a long running joke. McCarthy cannot stay healthy. Locker is in way over his head. Washington may be the only person I'd dare call a leader on this team right now. And that's just sad...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Because he's literally built Oregon into a powerhouse. He's got everything going for him and the only way he leaves is for a big market team, not some small market team like us.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Because he's literally built Oregon into a powerhouse. He's got everything going for him and the only way he leaves is for a big market team, not some small market team like us.

Well he did interview with small market Tampa Bay, FWIW.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly in my eyes is fools gold. His offense would be a very Tebow-esque type experiment. It might work, but I have a huge doubts about the effectiveness of Chip Kelly in the pros. Here are a few...

A) You can't out talent teams in the pros. A major reason why Oregon's offense is so effective is because on most Saturday's, Oregon is man for man, bigger, stronger, and most importantly faster than their opponents. This will not be the case in the pros.

B) What about TOP?? Time of possession is so crucial for long term success. Oregon's offense is predicated on running as many offensive plays as possible. That's great when the opposing defense isn't fast enough or fit enough to keep up. In the pros, this will mean alot of 3 and outs. That kills your defense.

C) Can he develop a QB?? This is to be seen. We know he needs a mobile one to run that zone-read.Can he then coach him to make those throws into tight NFL windows. most mobile QB's struggle with that. Gimmicks can only work so long, eventually you have to drop back and throw the ball accurately downfield.

D)How does he deal with turmoil Quite simply there haven't been too many rainy days on the football forecast in Eugene. How does he keep morale up when his team loses more times in 1 season than he has in 4 years at Oregon.

E) He has no NFL experience Ziltch, at any level. and you want him to run a Franchise? That sounds like giving a kid the keys to a Ferrari and putting him on the Autobuan, when his only experience is go-carts on a dirt track.

Hiring Chip Kelly would be a desperation move meant to attract publicity. This just reeks of Spurrier signing with the Redskins from his dynasty at Florida years back.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Well I mean he has to start with something of a bad team simply because good teams don't have openings as a head coach.

And I don't get why everyone has been saying he would only go to a big market team. Has he said this somewhere? Eugene, Oregon isn't exactly a big market.....at least not until the recent success he has created there but it is still a very small city compared to a place like Nashville.

We know one thing. He likes premier athletes at skill positions on offense. If we pick up a speedster WR, I think we would have what he wants. Locker is mobile enough. CJ is in his wet dreams already I'm sure. How could the guy with the record in the 40 at the combine not be? lol Though a lot of teams that have been rumored to have interest have elite guys as well. (Panthers, Eagles, etc)

The more I think about it, the more I want Kelly as the next head coach of the Titans. At the end of the day he has a football mind and has brought success with him everywhere he has gone as he has ascended through the ranks. Sure there is some risk involved with hiring a coach that is making the transition from college to the pros, but I can't imagine that there has ever been a team win the super bowl without ownership and the front office taking a few chances on coaches/players.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Well I mean he has to start with something of a bad team simply because good teams don't have openings as a head coach.

And I don't get why everyone has been saying he would only go to a big market team. Has he said this somewhere? Eugene, Oregon isn't exactly a big market.....at least not until the recent success he has created there but it is still a very small city compared to a place like Nashville.

We know one thing. He likes premier athletes at skill positions on offense. If we pick up a speedster WR, I think we would have what he wants. Locker is mobile enough. CJ is in his wet dreams already I'm sure. How could the guy with the record in the 40 at the combine not be? lol Though a lot of teams that have been rumored to have interest have elite guys as well. (Panthers, Eagles, etc)

The more I think about it, the more I want Kelly as the next head coach of the Titans. At the end of the day he has a football mind and has brought success with him everywhere he has gone as he has ascended through the ranks. Sure there is some risk involved with hiring a coach that is making the transition from college to the pros, but I can't imagine that there has ever been a team win the super bowl without ownership and the front office taking a few chances on coaches/players.

This. So many times this. Chip Kelly and Chris Johnson would probably be making puppies together. He would go crazy drawing up plays for CJ.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Chip Kelly in my eyes is fools gold. His offense would be a very Tebow-esque type experiment. It might work, but I have a huge doubts about the effectiveness of Chip Kelly in the pros. Here are a few...

A) You can't out talent teams in the pros. A major reason why Oregon's offense is so effective is because on most Saturday's, Oregon is man for man, bigger, stronger, and most importantly faster than their opponents. This will not be the case in the pros.

B) What about TOP?? Time of possession is so crucial for long term success. Oregon's offense is predicated on running as many offensive plays as possible. That's great when the opposing defense isn't fast enough or fit enough to keep up. In the pros, this will mean alot of 3 and outs. That kills your defense.

C) Can he develop a QB?? This is to be seen. We know he needs a mobile one to run that zone-read.Can he then coach him to make those throws into tight NFL windows. most mobile QB's struggle with that. Gimmicks can only work so long, eventually you have to drop back and throw the ball accurately downfield.

D)How does he deal with turmoil Quite simply there haven't been too many rainy days on the football forecast in Eugene. How does he keep morale up when his team loses more times in 1 season than he has in 4 years at Oregon.

E) He has no NFL experience Ziltch, at any level. and you want him to run a Franchise? That sounds like giving a kid the keys to a Ferrari and putting him on the Autobuan, when his only experience is go-carts on a dirt track.

Hiring Chip Kelly would be a desperation move meant to attract publicity. This just reeks of Spurrier signing with the Redskins from his dynasty at Florida years back.

A fair rebuttal. This could indeed be possible. But I think this article (long, but worth a read) does a good job of outlining the potential positives of Kelly as a coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: