Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

After Sunday, it's Chip Kelly or Bust
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
Amazing how Patriots tempo unraveled the Texans defense.

Chip Kelly could bring that to us.

Also amazing how the Patriots are also quarterbacked by one of the games greatest ever.

Chip Kelly isn't bringing Tom Brady to Nashville

Coaching > Players. We could maximize our potential with Kelly. Munchak is holding everyone back like a giant anchor.

You know this how? Because he did it in college?
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

Also amazing how the Patriots are also quarterbacked by one of the games greatest ever.

Coaching > Players. We could maximize our potential with Kelly. Munchak is holding everyone back like a giant anchor.

First off, I have to completely disagree with the part about Munchak. Sounds like you're getting him confused with Fisher. If anything, Munchak has been giving young players plenty of opportunities to step up and contribute on the field instead of keeping them on the bench for 3-4 years, playing behind old outdated starters. I just think the coaching staff does a poor job of developing players to their potential.

Second, based on what I've seen of Chip Kelly, I wouldn't been opposed to having him on board because I love his philosophy. I recall him saying in an interview (and I'm paraphrasing) that he doesn't try to force players to fit a system. He designs his system to play to the strength of his talent. That thought process alone makes me want to run up and do a chestbump with the guy because it's simple and brilliant. And I don't know why many NFL coaches don't take that approach (or maybe it's just us). Look what he's done with Oregon consistently with less talent, even though it's "college". Imagine him working with our current roster and the possibilities. But all of that, like anything else, would remain to be seen.

J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you guys to want Kelly over shanahan is head scratching.
yes Kelly is proven but that's only on the college level.
How many coaches have came rite in to the pro level & made a franchise a winner.only Harbaugh of da 49rs I can recall & Jimmy Johnson.
How can u say shanahan doesn't seem like a HC who players would respond to when all he does is put players in position to be weapons.
Kyle is NFL tested he's seen all the defenses knows how to adjust he's also young.
I thought players love to play for a coach that know how to utilize their skill set
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you guys to want Kelly over shanahan is head scratching.
yes Kelly is proven but that's only on the college level.
How many coaches have came rite in to the pro level & made a franchise a winner.only Harbaugh of da 49rs I can recall & Jimmy Johnson.
How can u say shanahan doesn't seem like a HC who players would respond to when all he does is put players in position to be weapons.
Kyle is NFL tested he's seen all the defenses knows how to adjust he's also young.
I thought players love to play for a coach that know how to utilize their skill set
TitanRanger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

First off, I have to completely disagree with the part about Munchak. Sounds like you're getting him confused with Fisher. If anything, Munchak has been giving young players plenty of opportunities to step up and contribute on the field instead of keeping them on the bench for 3-4 years, playing behind old outdated starters. I just think the coaching staff does a poor job of developing players to their potential.

Second, based on what I've seen of Chip Kelly, I wouldn't been opposed to having him on board because I love his philosophy. I recall him saying in an interview (and I'm paraphrasing) that he doesn't try to force players to fit a system. He designs his system to play to the strength of his talent. That thought process alone makes me want to run up and do a chestbump with the guy because it's simple and brilliant. And I don't know why many NFL coaches don't take that approach (or maybe it's just us). Look what he's done with Oregon consistently with less talent, even though it's "college". Imagine him working with our current roster and the possibilities. But all of that, like anything else, would remain to be seen.

I recall Gray saying that this was his exact philosophy when designing our defense, im not so sure that he can pull it off. Maybe its not so simple or our best defense is cover 2 all night long Laughing

Props to El ramster for the sig! =D
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:

It's just a feeling.
It is very different from being responsible just for calling plays and doing offense, to putting a whole staff together, running every detail of a team from scheduling, where to say, radio & tv responsibilites, player decisions, discipline players for tweets, lateness, laziness, home issues..etc...
He really messed up the McNabb situation from my vantage point. He could have done a lot better than running to daddy.

When you only have to do offense and call plays call it a day it is very different.

I have no question about him being and OC and being effective. But as a HC I don't know.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanRanger wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

I recall Gray saying that this was his exact philosophy when designing our defense, im not so sure that he can pull it off. Maybe its not so simple or our best defense is cover 2 all night long Laughing

The thing about Gray is he talked the talk, but he didn't really walk the walk until Bud lit a fire under everybody's a$$. Our defense has stepped up a lot since then, but we could've been doing this all season compared to that crap we were running before. I can assure you that Cover-2 is NOT our best defense. Even on our best day our Cover-2 looks more like "Cover-Who?". Although our D has been playing better, I'm still not anywhere close to being satisfied. We still got too many fundamentals to work on IMO. But back to my point, at least Chip Kelly displays the right attitude towards how to utilize talent. You get the most out of them by finding ways to let them do what they do best. He just seems like a guy who can think outside the box and create some things. I'm not hanging the Chip Kelly banner or anything, but I'm just looking at one of the positive sides of us getting him if that were to ever happen.
TitanRanger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TitanRanger wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

The thing about Gray is he talked the talk, but he didn't really walk the walk until Bud lit a fire under everybody's a$$. Our defense has stepped up a lot since then, but we could've been doing this all season compared to that crap we were running before. I can assure you that Cover-2 is NOT our best defense. Even on our best day our Cover-2 looks more like "Cover-Who?". Although our D has been playing better, I'm still not anywhere close to being satisfied. We still got too many fundamentals to work on IMO. But back to my point, at least Chip Kelly displays the right attitude towards how to utilize talent. You get the most out of them by finding ways to let them do what they do best. He just seems like a guy who can think outside the box and create some things. I'm not hanging the Chip Kelly banner or anything, but I'm just looking at one of the positive sides of us getting him if that were to ever happen.

Yeah I was being sarcastic about the cover 2, but I agree the defense has looked better I really liked the blitz packages we used against the colts on the first half.

It is a world above the bend but dont break defense, playing cb 10 yards from the line of scrimmage and safeties 20 yards behind. I really hate that type of defense.

Props to El ramster for the sig! =D
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:

No they don't look like that against most team's hurry up offenses. But most teams don't run the hurry up as quickly as the Patriots. I remember a stat showed during last night's game. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of an average of 25 seconds between each play which was the lowest in the league. The Patriots hurry up isn't like most teams in the league, but it is like the one that Kelly has created at Oregon. The Patriots have even had Kelly in for some consultation in the offseason. I don't think that means much, but I do think the hurry up philosophies are very similar.

You're still discounting the fact that the Patriots are QB'd by one of histories finest arms. Can Chip Kelly turn Jake Locker into a Qb with pinpoint accuracy and execution? Cuz just speeding up the tempo of the offense isn't going to make Jake Locker, or whoever is QB, a better decision maker.

And no one is still accounting for the fact that he has NO NFL credentials. Really now, you think this team will have more respect for a college coach who hasn't even won a NC over an established NFL assistant coach (assuming Munch gets canned?) These are grown men we're talking about here. Are good quality NFL assistants gonna be swayed to join his staff based on a flashy college offense that hasn't won big? Regardless of whether or not his offense will work on the next level. Can he lead grown men when his ONLY experience is with boys? Think about this, he only has 6 years of coaching experience at the Division I level (2 as coordinator, 4 as HC). He's not even a seasoned college coach yet and you want to give him keys to a NFL FRANCHISE!! Absolute looney tunes

NO NO NO, If Munch wants to offer Chip the OC job, I'd be intrigued. But making this man the HC of our team is stupid. Like Oakland hiring Lane Kiffin stupid. Nick Saban is far and away a better college coach than Chip Kelly, had NFL credentials and he failed royally. No there not the same guy, but given the tremendous fail rate of college coaches, I have NO interest in hiring a guy is probably one of the least qualified candidates ever to be considered a 'hot candidate'

**RIP Steve McNair**
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

No they don't look like that against most team's hurry up offenses. But most teams don't run the hurry up as quickly as the Patriots. I remember a stat showed during last night's game. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of an average of 25 seconds between each play which was the lowest in the league. The Patriots hurry up isn't like most teams in the league, but it is like the one that Kelly has created at Oregon. The Patriots have even had Kelly in for some consultation in the offseason. I don't think that means much, but I do think the hurry up philosophies are very similar.

You're still discounting the fact that the Patriots are QB'd by one of histories finest arms. Can Chip Kelly turn Jake Locker into a Qb with pinpoint accuracy and execution? Cuz just speeding up the tempo of the offense isn't going to make Jake Locker, or whoever is QB, a better decision maker.

And no one is still accounting for the fact that he has NO NFL credentials. Really now, you think this team will have more respect for a college coach who hasn't even won a NC over an established NFL assistant coach (assuming Munch gets canned?) These are grown men we're talking about here. Are good quality NFL assistants gonna be swayed to join his staff based on a flashy college offense that hasn't won big? Regardless of whether or not his offense will work on the next level. Can he lead grown men when his ONLY experience is with boys? Think about this, he only has 6 years of coaching experience at the Division I level (2 as coordinator, 4 as HC). He's not even a seasoned college coach yet and you want to give him keys to a NFL FRANCHISE!! Absolute looney tunes

NO NO NO, If Munch wants to offer Chip the OC job, I'd be intrigued. But making this man the HC of our team is stupid. Like Oakland hiring Lane Kiffin stupid. Nick Saban is far and away a better college coach than Chip Kelly, had NFL credentials and he failed royally. No there not the same guy, but given the tremendous fail rate of college coaches, I have NO interest in hiring a guy is probably one of the least qualified candidates ever to be considered a 'hot candidate'

I know Tom Brady is great. What I'm saying is the hurry up of Kelly, Patriots, etc.. will set you up for easier throws. When you wear down a defense by not letting them substitute and you catch them off guard, you don't have to be an all time great like Brady to have success.

Only been a D1 coach for 6 years. But he's only been a D1 coach and he's taken a team from meh to perennial national champion contender. Just depends how you look at it.

Making him an NFL coach might be too much too soon. But if we wait we are guaranteed we won't get him or any other top candidate. Lets face it, HC of the Tennessee Titans is not at the top of anyones list. There is always going to be a bigger market team in front of us. If we want a top talent we are going to have to take a chance.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

I know Tom Brady is great. What I'm saying is the hurry up of Kelly, Patriots, etc.. will set you up for easier throws. When you wear down a defense by not letting them substitute and you catch them off guard, you don't have to be an all time great like Brady to have success.

Only been a D1 coach for 6 years. But he's only been a D1 coach and he's taken a team from meh to perennial national champion contender. Just depends how you look at it.

Making him an NFL coach might be too much too soon. But if we wait we are guaranteed we won't get him or any other top candidate. Lets face it, HC of the Tennessee Titans is not at the top of anyones list. There is always going to be a bigger market team in front of us. If we want a top talent we are going to have to take a chance.

Small market teams are the ones that can't afford to take chances. They have to take calculated risks. If Kelly comes in and completely fails, in 2 years, you're doing the exact same thing. Want to talk about a team that keeps taking chances? The Raiders. They keep taking chances with coaches, QBs, all the way down to the grounds crew and look at the situation they're in. Small market teams always have to take the safe bet because as soon as someone gets good enough to move to a larger market, they will, especially if the team is not performing.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys Oregon fan here. I think a small market is better for Chip. He doesn't like press. He doesn't like attention. He likes coaching. That is his life. he isn't married or have kids. He loves to coach. I think that is why he looked at TB.

You guys are similar. You have a mobile younger QB that needs molded like TB did. As far as only a CFB coach. Chip doesn't out talent 1/2 his opponents. Oregon has had less players drafted in the last three years then Washington, Arizona, UCLA, USC, Cal, Stanford and maybe even Oregon State. Think about this: Oregon beat Wisconsin last year by scoring nearly 50 after Wisky had over a month to prepare. The best player Oregon had was LaMichael James. James was the 6th RB drafted even behind Cincinnati's RB. He used a QB who was undrafted as well.

I could see him being a good fit here.

Sig bet
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Except Kelly rarely has the best athletes. UO for whatever reason rarely has the best recruiting classes.

This. The "oh he has better athletes than everyone" just isn't a valid point. The Ducks offense embarrassed Wisconsin's top-ranked defense last season, and it sure as hell wasn't because all of their athletes were better.

UO has a first round QB, RB, TE, and 2 WRs duh!.... Oh wait, they don't?

Oregon's players are all very fast and shifty, yes, but more than anything they are scheme athlete's. Put the same athlete's on LSU and they probably don't start.

Don't take this as me jumping on his bandwagon. I'm all for losing Munchak, but I'm not sure how Kelly's offense would translate into the NFL given NFL pedigree DC's are going to dissect it on tape.

Need smooth QB to be successful in this league.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Hey guys Oregon fan here. I think a small market is better for Chip. He doesn't like press. He doesn't like attention. He likes coaching. That is his life. he isn't married or have kids. He loves to coach. I think that is why he looked at TB.

You guys are similar. You have a mobile younger QB that needs molded like TB did. As far as only a CFB coach. Chip doesn't out talent 1/2 his opponents. Oregon has had less players drafted in the last three years then Washington, Arizona, UCLA, USC, Cal, Stanford and maybe even Oregon State. Think about this: Oregon beat Wisconsin last year by scoring nearly 50 after Wisky had over a month to prepare. The best player Oregon had was LaMichael James. James was the 6th RB drafted even behind Cincinnati's RB. He used a QB who was undrafted as well.

Based on all of this added info about Kelly, man I'm sold!!! This is just the kid of guy we need because our organization has been lacking imagination and development for years. A small market team would be right up his alley. But how is he when it comes to discipline and demanding respect? Is he the kind of coach that will get in somebody's a$$ and put them in check if they're screwing up?

FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Based on all of this added info about Kelly, man I'm sold!!! This is just the kid of guy we need because our organization has been lacking imagination and development for years. A small market team would be right up his alley. But how is he when it comes to discipline and demanding respect? Is he the kind of coach that will get in somebody's a$$ and put them in check if they're screwing up?

Yes. The people at Oregon respect him very much for that too. He is a great guy, but if we are losing at halftime and the guys are showing no heart, Kelly will be livid. Munchak just stares at the wall in the locker room.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: