Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The M.A.S.H. unit
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: The M.A.S.H. unit Reply with quote

Welcome to the M.A.S.H. unit, Dallas Cowboys style! For all you youngins out there. M.A.S.H. stands for Mobile Army Surgical Hospital. With todays, game we added a few more players to our walking wounded. So, lets take a look at who, and how many games each player has missed.

Let's begin:

LB Sean Lee - 5 games missed (IR)
DE Sean Lissimore - 6 games missed
RB Demarco Murray - 6 games missed
SS Barry Church - 8 games missed (IR)
WR Miles Austin - no games missed, but has missed portions of several
WR Kevin Ogletree - 1 game missed
NT Jay Ratliff - 5 games missed
CB Mike Jenkins - 4 games missed
CB Orlando Scandrick - portion of 1 game missed
TE John Phillips - portion of 1 game missed
OC Phil Costa - 8 games missed
OT Tyron Smith - 1 game missed
DE Kenyon Coleman - 4 games missed (IR)
FS Matt Johnson - 11 games missed (IR - designated for return)
RB Felix Jones - portion of a couple games
SS Danny McCray - portion of a game
LB Bruce Carter - portion of a game
OG/OC Kevin Kowalski - 10 games missed
FS Gerald Sensebaugh - 1 game missed
CB Morris Claiborne - 1 game missed

Man looking at that list and I have to think, boy, where we could have been with some healthy starters? Considering we have 5 starters on that list who have missed at least 5 games and 8 starters who have missed at least 1 game.

And it's not just to one side of the ball. It's devestated both sides of the ball.

This season will be known as the season of the injury bug (and lack of oline). Injuries have devastated this team!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne

Last edited by textaz03 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tha King

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the strength and condition guy we got suppose to help this situation. Sad
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Starting Defense:

Coleman - Rat - Hatcher

Spencer - Carter - Lee - Ware

Carr - Sensy - Church - Mo

Laughing

BOLD - Has not missed a game.

And even then, I recall Carr and Ware both taking extended plays off do to stingers and injuries.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaming the poor play on injuries is an excuse, and just another glaring example of the poor decisions made by the GM.

Redskins have just as many injuries, and were considered to be inferior to the Cowboys. They have the same record as Dallas.

Injuries are just a part of the game, and should be expected.

Jerry just needs to quit relying on UDFA as back ups,because its getting old and tiresome.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Tyshine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Blaming the poor play on injuries is an excuse, and just another glaring example of the poor decisions made by the GM.

Redskins have just as many injuries, and were considered to be inferior to the Cowboys. They have the same record as Dallas.

Jerry just needs to quit relying on UDFA as back ups,because its getting old and tiresome.

This. I think the difference between a healthy Cowboys and this team is 8-8 or 7-9 to 9-7. They can't block. That is all.
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:

I'm not making excuses, just stating the obvious. And your assessment of the depth and decisions of the GM is just wrong. Having a record of what we do 5-6 and still in contention for the division with 5 weeks left to play and all the injuries we have had goes to show that we are fairly deep at the positions we have been riddled with by the injury bug.

Sure, could we have made a few better signings in the offseason, but, it looks like our hands where pretty tied with the CAP penalty. Resources where limited on what we could do. I give JJ props for recognizing we had issues there and making an attempt to fix it.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/cowboys-lb-bruce-carter-cb-orlando-scandrick-likely-lost-for-the-season-after-injuries-against-washington.html/

Looks like Carter may be lost for the Season. Sad

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/cowboys-lb-bruce-carter-cb-orlando-scandrick-likely-lost-for-the-season-after-injuries-against-washington.html/

CARTER and LEE done for the year?! Dear lord, what record will this team finish with now... smh if I didn't have to work in the morning I would drown myself in a fifth bottle of alcohol tonight

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

CARTER and LEE done for the year?! Dear lord, what record will this team finish with now... smh if I didn't have to work in the morning I would drown myself in a fifth bottle of alcohol tonight

WHY FOOTBALL GODS! WHYYYYYYY!!!!
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

I'm not making excuses, just stating the obvious. And your assessment of the depth and decisions of the GM is just wrong. Having a record of what we do 5-6 and still in contention for the division with 5 weeks left to play and all the injuries we have had goes to show that we are fairly deep at the positions we have been riddled with by the injury bug.

Sure, could we have made a few better signings in the offseason, but, it looks like our hands where pretty tied with the CAP penalty. Resources where limited on what we could do. I give JJ props for recognizing we had issues there and making an attempt to fix it.

So by signing 2 guys that there old teams didn't want back, and instead of trying to fix as many holes this off-season. He trades up to get Claiborne which was a luxury that this team couldn't afford. Can't imagine where this team would be if not for the play of Romo. So you are saying that the cowboy are going 4-1 or 5-0 to make a playoff run?

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

So by signing 2 guys that there old teams didn't want back, and instead of trying to fix as many holes this off-season. He trades up to get Claiborne which was a luxury that this team couldn't afford. Can't imagine where this team would be if not for the play of Romo. So you are saying that the cowboy are going 4-1 or 5-0 to make a playoff run?

Brandon Carr was a guy his former team didn't even offer a contract to.

Claiborne was/is a good pick considering that downright horrible secondary play this team witnessed last year, the fact that Jenkins had not been consistent and was often injured and Scandrick is strictly a nickel corner.

^^^mack
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Brandon Carr was a guy his former team didn't even offer a contract to.

Claiborne was/is a good pick considering that downright horrible secondary play this team witnessed last year, the fact that Jenkins had not been consistent and was often injured and Scandrick is strictly a nickel corner.

Look, I wasn't thrilled about the Claiborne pick. I felt like our needs on the O AND D line were more important. But...we got him and he is a nice player right now. Is he worth a 1st and 2nd?, probably not, just Jerruah wanting to draw attention to his team again so he could sell tickets. But, if he lives up to that billing in the future, I will write him a formal apology.

What we all have to ask ourselves is this:

1. How many good years do players like Romo, Witten, Spears, Ratliff have?

2. How long before players like Murray, Bryant, T. Smith, Lee, Carter, Claiborne, Crawford, Josh Brent, Beasley, etc begin to really develop into the promise they show?

If the answer is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 to 3 years, you have to be realistic and ask yourselves:

1. What will our O line be like by that point?
2. Will our veteran players still be competing at a high level by then?
3. If not, what will there trade value be?
4. If so, what will they count against the cap?

Because this team shows heart and signs of life only to let the same types of mistakes that they have been making for the past 10 years kill them in the end.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Our Starting Defense:

Coleman - Rat - Hatcher

Spencer - Carter - Lee - Ware

Carr - Sensy - Church - Mo

Laughing

BOLD - Has not missed a game.

And even then, I recall Carr and Ware both taking extended plays off do to stingers and injuries.

Take Hatcher off the list. He went out with a concussion today.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This needs to be in our water coolers from now on.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter says he'll play again. Next game

Http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/11/injuries-wrack-cowboys-defense-but-lb-carter-says-he-expects-to-play-in-next-game.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: