Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post-Game - Dallas 20, Cincinnati 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause Applause

This team deserves lots of applause

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be honest. I was ready to call the rotating door at RT the most painful idiot decision this coaching staff could have made. It was unconventional, unorthodox and frankly ballsy as hell.

Both players have intense motivation to play not only their best (for fear of losing the ability to play) but through competition one often finds a greater source of motivation.

With an emotional first (and only) viewing, I thought they played about the same (which should frustrate Free - given his contract). Parnell got abused for a Sack. Free had a holding penalty.

Either way, I don't think I can think of any coaching staff ever doing this before. I can't knock the results - as much as I would like to. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the rest of the year - and going forward.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by Ware on Titter.

In Redball I Trust!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Going to be honest. I was ready to call the rotating door at RT the most painful idiot decision this coaching staff could have made. It was unconventional, unorthodox and frankly ballsy as hell.

Both players have intense motivation to play not only their best (for fear of losing the ability to play) but through competition one often finds a greater source of motivation.

With an emotional first (and only) viewing, I thought they played about the same (which should frustrate Free - given his contract). Parnell got abused for a Sack. Free had a holding penalty.

Either way, I don't think I can think of any coaching staff ever doing this before. I can't knock the results - as much as I would like to. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for the rest of the year - and going forward.

I hope it continues. We know what we have in Free (POS). Before the draft, we gotta find out what we have in Parnell.

the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer has been our DMVP this year. I hope we re-sign him, but like all other things, it will come down to the terms of the agreement. anything more than $8 million per year and I'm out. Ideally it's $6 million per year for 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vickers was impressive early on today. I hope he stays with us for the next few years. He could definitely help us in a championship run.

We are going to need a legit 3rd down/GL back though, so maybe his ol' Cleveland backfield partner could come to town and help us out. A Demarco/Peyton duo would be epic.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys have canceled the Christmas party scheduled for tomorrow. Redball, over the Plane's intercom, informed the players that they have the option of coming into work tomorrow or staying at home given the tragedy. The service for Brown will happen on Tuesday at 1pm.

In Redball I Trust!
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The Cowboys have canceled the Christmas party scheduled for tomorrow. Redball, over the Plane's intercom, informed the players that they have the option of coming into work tomorrow or staying at home given the tragedy. The service for Brown will happen on Tuesday at 1pm.

I hope people come into work. The Steelers will be tougher than what we saw from them today.

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all will come to work. From B.Carr's post-game press conference he said the tragedy that happened sent a message to the whole team of seizing every day.

I'm not the kind of guy that places football over the death of someone but it is safe to say this team has a heart afterall. No matter how this season goes, I want redball to stay, it's the first time as young cowboy fan i've seen a cowboy team actually play together like family for once.

After the start of the 3rd quarter I just switched off the game before my mind starting placing football importance over what actually happned to the team but I'm glad they rallied back. Best win of the year.

As for cowboys keys to win every game from now on:

Me not watching it by rage-quitting. Honestly. It happened every time.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bengals played with lead on 8 drives, Cowboys 0. For season, Cowboys played with lead on 30 drives, played from behind on 66. -- One Cool Customer (@OCC44)

Say what you want about Redball and this team. but you cannot deny they are resilient.

In Redball I Trust!
Tha King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling Moore also did a decent job after Claiborne got injured,only noticed one play where he allowed a pass due to being way off-coverage.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:
Bengals played with lead on 8 drives, Cowboys 0. For season, Cowboys played with lead on 30 drives, played from behind on 66. -- One Cool Customer (@OCC44)

Say what you want about Redball and this team. but you cannot deny they are resilient.

Resilient, sure. But, that stat right there demonstrates everything that's wrong with this team. It's just not a recipe for winning in the NFL. Just once, I'd like to see this team impose it's will on another team and play for 4 quarters. I just want to know if it's in them. Cause all I see is a team and coach that is floundering until the coach acknowledges that it's time to let Romo take over.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:

Resilient, sure. But, that stat right there demonstrates everything that's wrong with this team. It's just not a recipe for winning in the NFL. Just once, I'd like to see this team impose it's will on another team and play for 4 quarters. I just want to know if it's in them. Cause all I see is a team and coach that is floundering until the coach acknowledges that it's time to let Romo take over.

It's a foundation, though. And this speaks to once again expectations. The Cowboys - if we are being honest - were fools gold. Looked shiny and nice until you look under the hood and are forced to cringe.

But as opposed to being a team that folds under pressure - we regroup and respond.

Instead of building up leads and collapsing in comical fashion - we stand upon each others shoulders and overcoming odds.

We are a team decimated by injuries. From the start of Training Camp that placed a sever limitation on the growth and potential of the offensive line to losing our defensive champions. This team frankly had every reason to close up shop and mail it in. Miles is fragile. Dez had personal issue to contend with. Ol' King Cole even quit. Witten had a chance to never play again. This is a team that has overcome a lot, already.

This team has been tested time and time again. Through adversity and overwhelming odds, the mettle of this team has been wrought into a fierce foundation. I can honestly think of no team since our Dynasty years that has faced so much and responded so well. This isn't to say we don't have serious work ahead of us - we do. There has been a specter of the past has loomed over this organization. But of me, and me alone, this season has been a baptism of fire - and the sins of the past hold no more water for me.

Confidence is such an underrated trait in sports but it is an emotion so empowering that can overcome nearly any situation. This is a process of acclimation for the Cowboys, in my opinion. I believe this team understands that hope is spring eternal. That no matter the odds, victory can still be achieved - and if I am right, and I am right about the direction of this team - that makes us incredibly dangerous, overlook us at your own peril.

In Redball I Trust!
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:

That is a good thing in many ways, but the numbers will catch up with them. Mathematically speaking, they will eventually loose more than they will win.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link for Garrett and Carrs post game interviews? Callishaw tweeted that it was JGs finest moment as the Coach of the Cowboys. I'd like to check it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: