Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Live and learn, I think they now understand that it's about playing to the strength of your players, not forcing them into a scheme they don't fit.

now? lolol
these guys are supposed to be professionals i thought that was basic knowledge. feels like this whole season was a stupid experiment. smh.

we know cp isnt a roll out qb....why didnt they know that
we knew dmac sucked in zbs...why didnt they know that
we knew the o-line was built for pbs...why didnt they know that.

smh.

Well, Knapp was responsible for making CP roll out, not DA or reggie. I think they were going about it the way Raidin described at first but have now changed their philosophy.

Raidin, I respect your opinion, IMO I'd rather have a coach be able to adapt to the players that he has to work with, rather than force a scheme on them that they don't fit. It's the reason why Mike McCoy was such a hot commodity, it's exactly what attracted Trestman to the bears, it's what the Patriots have done for years, it's what the 49ers, Seahawks and Redskins did, and it's what Chip Kelley said is the Mark of a great coach, being able to take the players on your roster and build the scheme around the strengths of them and what they do best

agree with the bold to the fullest

imo da was responsible for knapp and reg is responsible for da. da or reg should have stepped on knapps toes around week 6. things didnt change until mark davis stepped in later in the season.

To go back to what I was saying, here is a quote from Chip Kelly that describes perfectly what I was getting at, and why the game should be played to the players strengths.....

Quote:
"Part of what we do offensively has always been understanding what personnel is and then how do we maximize that, and what are their best traits. If youíre going to ask someone to do something that theyíre not capable of doing then obviously thatís a recipe for disaster. Then I analyze everyone thatís in our program (and) in our scheme offensively, defensively and special teams-wise, itís going to be personnel driven. A lot of coaches have great ideas but weíre not playing the game. The players are playing the game. Itís about putting them in position where they can be successful. Our offense is always going to be tailored to whoís playing.

Exactly why I don't like the idea of sticking to a scheme that you want to run even if your players don't fit.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Live and learn, I think they now understand that it's about playing to the strength of your players, not forcing them into a scheme they don't fit.

now? lolol
these guys are supposed to be professionals i thought that was basic knowledge. feels like this whole season was a stupid experiment. smh.

smh.

Well, Knapp was responsible for making CP roll out, not DA or reggie. I think they were going about it the way Raidin described at first but have now changed their philosophy.

Raidin, I respect your opinion, IMO I'd rather have a coach be able to adapt to the players that he has to work with, rather than force a scheme on them that they don't fit. It's the reason why Mike McCoy was such a hot commodity, it's exactly what attracted Trestman to the bears, it's what the Patriots have done for years, it's what the 49ers, Seahawks and Redskins did, and it's what Chip Kelley said is the Mark of a great coach, being able to take the players on your roster and build the scheme around the strengths of them and what they do best

imo da was responsible for knapp and reg is responsible for da. da or reg should have stepped on knapps toes around week 6. things didnt change until mark davis stepped in later in the season.

To go back to what I was saying, here is a quote from Chip Kelly that describes perfectly what I was getting at, and why the game should be played to the players strengths.....

Quote:
"Part of what we do offensively has always been understanding what personnel is and then how do we maximize that, and what are their best traits. If youíre going to ask someone to do something that theyíre not capable of doing then obviously thatís a recipe for disaster. Then I analyze everyone thatís in our program (and) in our scheme offensively, defensively and special teams-wise, itís going to be personnel driven. A lot of coaches have great ideas but weíre not playing the game. The players are playing the game. Itís about putting them in position where they can be successful. Our offense is always going to be tailored to whoís playing.

Exactly why I don't like the idea of sticking to a scheme that you want to run even if your players don't fit.

dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I think this is a terrible way to do it actually. You figure out your scheme and then get your players to fit it. It seems our GM and HC have no real clue what they want though.

At this point my faith in Reggie and DA is getting smaller by the day. It makes no sense what they did and what they are saying. Im praying that this was press talk from Reggie and McFadden isnt apart of the future here. Its like they really did just tank the year. If thats the case Pryor should have got more playing time. If you look at it if we didnt play the two teams ahead of us in the draft we would have had the worse record in the league.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
#Jets interviewed Saints QBs coach Joe Lombardi on Wednesday for offensive-coordinator job: source. He's grandson of Vince Lombardi.

OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I think this is a terrible way to do it actually. You figure out your scheme and then get your players to fit it. It seems our GM and HC have no real clue what they want though.

At this point my faith in Reggie and DA is getting smaller by the day. It makes no sense what they did and what they are saying. Im praying that this was press talk from Reggie and McFadden isnt apart of the future here. Its like they really did just tank the year. If thats the case Pryor should have got more playing time. If you look at it if we didnt play the two teams ahead of us in the draft we would have had the worse record in the league.

Although I don't think it would be the end of the world if we keep McFadden like you do, I do think this was just press talk, I mean think about it, if he was trying to trade him, why would he talk bad about DMAC? or make himself seem desperate? That would only lower his value if anything and make teams think they can get McFadden for next to nothing. It's like being a sales man. He's trying to get the best offer he can get. AT this point I have no clue what we're going to do, but I'm looking forward to it.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Stanford offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton is a leading candidate to become the Colts' next offensive coordinator."

grrrr this is really getting annoying.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

now? lolol

smh.

Quote:

yup and sometimes you even have to make changes at HALFTIME Laughing
i dont think i saw any halftime adjustments this year. really just a waste of a year. smh. i cant imagine what knapp did during halftime lol.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time we were better during the second half was when CP ran the no huddle and called his own plays. Knapp did just that at halftime, took a (K)napp Laughing
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Congrats to Pep Hamilton on accepting the Colts offensive coordinator position."
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt want him but sounds like another one gone.

"Source said former #Eagles OC Marty Mornhinweg is expected to be named #Jets OC. Interesting fit. WCO."
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Didnt want him but sounds like another one gone.

"Source said former #Eagles OC Marty Mornhinweg is expected to be named #Jets OC. Interesting fit. WCO."

Phew, good thing we didn't get him.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is there any other OC job still available? I guess someone might be willing to take the position in Oakland now.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
So, is there any other OC job still available? I guess someone might be willing to take the position in Oakland now.

I'm not sure but only 1or2 at max...

The good thing that there are some solid options still around there...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I'm not sure but only 1or2 at max...

The good thing that there are some solid options still around there...

I checked and there are 4. Cards, Jags, Eagles and Raiders.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Hello? The year 2000 called . . . they want their coaching paradigm back. Young OC today are like rap artists that excuse themselves in the middle of conversation to jot down an idea not blow dust off some ancient text of plays that worked 10 years. Re-invent yo sef!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: