Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

And please don't tell me you're saying Willie Smith, Mike Brisiel and Tony Bergstrom are good reasons to stay ZBS.

They're not very good reasons but i'm sure we'd have a hard time finding better power blocking linemen in one offseason. When i look at our current roster, most of the olinemen are ZBS guy. If we stay with the ZBS, those guys at least provide depth. In a PBS, they're pretty much useless. So what i'm saying is if we switch, we're starting from scratch once again.

Disagree. Smith and Brisiel are bums regardless. Berg is a 3rd round pick allegedly well-versed in the ZBS who could barely get playing time in the last game of a 4-12 season. And he got the hook for a PS guy a quarter in. He was bounced around but that's not the point; if he would have stood out at all at one of our positions of need (LG or RT or even RG), he would have played more.

Our cupboards are still pretty much bare the way I see it. Well, not bare, but the only things left in there are a 3 year old can of beets, expired soup and sauerkraut. These schmucks shouldn't influence our decision either way is what I'm saying.

Well said.

PBS is the more traditional scheme. It isn't hard at all to find players to play in it in comparison to ZBS.

I'm surprised Brisiel doesn't get much heat at all in this forum. He was arguably the 2nd worst player on the OL last year & also led the team in penalties (10, tied with Tommy Kelly). Not to mention his contract isn't very good either.
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

And please don't tell me you're saying Willie Smith, Mike Brisiel and Tony Bergstrom are good reasons to stay ZBS.

They're not very good reasons but i'm sure we'd have a hard time finding better power blocking linemen in one offseason. When i look at our current roster, most of the olinemen are ZBS guy. If we stay with the ZBS, those guys at least provide depth. In a PBS, they're pretty much useless. So what i'm saying is if we switch, we're starting from scratch once again.

Disagree. Smith and Brisiel are bums regardless. Berg is a 3rd round pick allegedly well-versed in the ZBS who could barely get playing time in the last game of a 4-12 season. And he got the hook for a PS guy a quarter in. He was bounced around but that's not the point; if he would have stood out at all at one of our positions of need (LG or RT or even RG), he would have played more.

Our cupboards are still pretty much bare the way I see it. Well, not bare, but the only things left in there are a 3 year old can of beets, expired soup and sauerkraut. These schmucks shouldn't influence our decision either way is what I'm saying.

Well said.

PBS is the more traditional scheme. It isn't hard at all to find players to play in it in comparison to ZBS.

I'm surprised Brisiel doesn't get much heat at all in this forum. He was arguably the 2nd worst player on the OL last year & also led the team in penalties (10, tied with Tommy Kelly). Not to mention his contract isn't very good either.

It's yet another case of wanting the guy to be better than he is, something Raider fans are addicted to.

Texan fans were adamant from the start that Brisiel was tough but not that good. I tried to reason with anyone around here but got no takers. Now reality sets in perhaps? r.e. Brisiel = not that good.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Well said.

Excellent post
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Well said.

i dont think bris gets any love here lol
a lot of people like myself question the fact he was even signed here and why he was kept in the line-up after stinking up the place.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Well said.

I think Brisiel was a bad signing (in hindsight), still i know we're gonna struggle to replace all the ZBS olinemen on our roster if we go back to the PBS. If some people think it's gonna be easy, i'll talk to them in october.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang McKenzie going 0 - fer on his first draft pick ever and his first major FA signing with potentially missing on his first coaching hire as well. He better get it together.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Dang McKenzie going 0 - fer on his first draft pick ever and his first major FA signing with potentially missing on his first coaching hire as well. He better get it together.

Yikes. Sad
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is a disgrace. FACT.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Noone said you had to be a fan right?
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Brisiel was a bad signing (in hindsight), still i know we're gonna struggle to replace all the ZBS olinemen on our roster if we go back to the PBS. If some people think it's gonna be easy, i'll talk to them in october.

What makes it worse, is he was the prize signing of the off-season for Oakland. We didn't have a lot of cap room, but this season was worse than I expected.

It was sad to watch and it could only get better. However and whoever it takes for this time to get back to winning is good for me.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Being a frontrunner speaks to weak character imo. You hafta stick with your teams during the bad times as well. It makes it that much sweeter to know you were there during the bad times. There are too many flip-floppers. Imo, being in denial doesn't make you a good fan, a good friend, or good family member. Things will never change unless fans get irate and voice displeasure.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Well said.

People get to hung up on who's a ZBS guy and who's not. Carlisle was the quintessential ZBS who came from Denver. He's started both schemes and been the same player in both. If you can block, you can block either scheme if the fundamentals are there. Pad level, hand placement and good feet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Being a frontrunner speaks to weak character imo. You hafta stick with your teams during the bad times as well. It makes it that much sweeter to know you were there during the bad times. There are too many flip-floppers. Imo, being in denial doesn't make you a good fan, a good friend, or good family member. Things will never change unless fans get irate and voice displeasure.

Yeah man don't be like these niner "fans". Most of them probably can't pronounce Kaepernick.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Who's a frontrunner?

and they will try to get better whether fans voice there displeasure or not, it won't change anything whether fans are positive or negative. Do you really think DA or Reggie really care if fans think we should start Pryor over Palmer? no, they don'y and they'll make those decisions for themselves.

Not calling my team a disgrace, or not wishing we'd purposely lose, doesn't make me a bad fan, it's not being in denial either, I can clearly see the problems with this team. Excuse me for having some faith.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Wisenhunt may go to DEN but they hired an OC already, well promoted one. Makes him an option again since all the HC changes have been made except in ARI were he was fired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 35 of 41

Jump to: