Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that 1 game, Nix looked better than Bergstrom. I remember a lot of draftniks had Lucas Nix ranted as a 4th rounder, I'm a fan. He had a very good career at Pittsburgh and he is the big mauler type of a player, that I like it. I'm hoping he wins that RG spot in TC.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
In that 1 game, Nix looked better than Bergstrom. I remember a lot of draftniks had Lucas Nix ranted as a 4th rounder, I'm a fan. He had a very good career at Pittsburgh and he is the big mauler type of a player, that I like it. I'm hoping he wins that RG spot in TC.

Yeah, I think I remember liking what I saw from Nix. Although I doubt he gets a look at anything more than depth this TC. Unfortunately, the way I see it, we're stuck with Mike Butthole at RG (does that nickname work?) for at least another year.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Quote:
The Chicago Bears will hire Marc Trestman as their next head coach, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Clowney here we come! Very Happy

If we have Carson, it won't happen. If we have Pryor, bet on it.

lol you serious? Raiders better lube up, because they're about to get shafted by the opposition. Laughing Like Palmer can save us from being inept. The old guy? hahahahaha that's rich. Pryor sucks too(until he proves otherwise, the ruling's still out there wether you can stand it or not). 2013-2014: Look like Clowns for Clowney!
Clowney here we come Very Happy

Whaaaah. Boo friggin hoo. Cry us all a river. This negativity is getting tired and old. Rolling Eyes

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Whaaaah. Boo friggin hoo. Cry us all a river. This negativity is getting tired and old. Rolling Eyes

For real. This is pretty much what I read:

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

And please don't tell me you're saying Willie Smith, Mike Brisiel and Tony Bergstrom are good reasons to stay ZBS.

They're not very good reasons but i'm sure we'd have a hard time finding better power blocking linemen in one offseason. When i look at our current roster, most of the olinemen are ZBS guy. If we stay with the ZBS, those guys at least provide depth. In a PBS, they're pretty much useless. So what i'm saying is if we switch, we're starting from scratch once again.

We have to start from scratch anyway. There are so many quality OL available this year. So we would definitely be able t come up with a solid option if that is whar we want to do.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is just early to the party. When we 2-7 everybody else around here is going to start jumping on the tank for Clowney bandwagon to. I fully expect that to be the theme around here by week 10 of next season. Until I see some improvements in the staff and roster I can see why he thinks that. IMO we are in a tough spot where we need to bite the bullet. Our best QB. WR, and RB all make to much money and need to go. Our best defenders in the secondary make to much money Huff and Branch. We need to more oline spots. We need two linebackers and a DE. I honestly dont think we are close to finish of blowing this thing up. I may be wrong and Reggie may let it ride with a new o-cord and see if we can be competitive but if we are not it will be a huge mistake and we would have wasted another year.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
lol you serious? Raiders better lube up, because they're about to get shafted by the opposition. Laughing Like Palmer can save us from being inept. The old guy? hahahahaha that's rich. Pryor sucks too(until he proves otherwise, the ruling's still out there wether you can stand it or not). 2013-2014: Look like Clowns for Clowney!

This post is a disgrace.

God people are acting like if the OC we get isn't the greatest innovator of all time then we are going to select 1 overall. Honestly if this TEAM can score points I the first, which we have the talent to do btw, we win a 4 more games. The things that limit us are our OC, our idiot MLB, Pass Rush and our DBs. We up grade two of those things we are at 8-8. Three of those things playoffs. All of those things, deep playoffs. All of those things and a Franchise QB we are Super Bowl bound.

Personally I feel good about improving at least two of those things..maybe even three.
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

This post is a disgrace.

God people are acting like if the OC we get isn't the greatest innovator of all time then we are going to select 1 overall. Honestly if this TEAM can score points I the first, which we have the talent to do btw, we win a 4 more games. The things that limit us are our OC, our idiot MLB, Pass Rush and our DBs. We up grade two of those things we are at 8-8. Three of those things playoffs. All of those things, deep playoffs. All of those things and a Franchise QB we are Super Bowl bound.

Personally I feel good about improving at least two of those things..maybe even three.

Our oline is a problem to and outside linebacker. Knapp sucks he really does, but this get someone better than Knapp and our record is going to improve alot is false hope IMO.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
He is just early to the party. When we 2-7 everybody else around here is going to start jumping on the tank for Clowney bandwagon to. I fully expect that to be the theme around here by week 10 of next season. Until I see some improvements in the staff and roster I can see why he thinks that. IMO we are in a tough spot where we need to bite the bullet. Our best QB. WR, and RB all make to much money and need to go. Our best defenders in the secondary make to much money Huff and Branch. We need to more oline spots. We need two linebackers and a DE. I honestly dont think we are close to finish of blowing this thing up. I may be wrong and Reggie may let it ride with a new o-cord and see if we can be competitive but if we are not it will be a huge mistake and we would have wasted another year.

We would have been competitive this season if not for having the worst OC in the league. There's no reason our offense should have been as bad as it was. If we suck again next season because DA can't put together a competent coaching staff, hopefully he'll get the boot.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

This post is a disgrace.

Our oline is a problem to and outside linebacker. Knapp sucks he really does, but this get someone better than Knapp and our record is going to improve alot is false hope IMO.

We had one of the worst offenses in the league. We thought our offense would carry us. Instead, it was the other way around and we were counting on our D to keep us in games. That should put into perspective the impact a OC like Knapp can make.
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

This post is a disgrace.

I agree, just getting a better OC is one step of many we must take on our journey. But fortunately it's one in the right direction. Upgrading our players is another, the niners, ravens, falcons, and patriots are good because they have outstanding talent to go with their OC.

Thank you I almost forgot about the O-line fortunately our ZBS, when ran right uses less desirable OL so we might be able to find cheap good help. Of course after last year I can see the pessimism in doing so. And the OLBs well we obviously need to either resign Wheeler or replace him but I feel whatever we do with him our OLBs will be fine. Burris was good for his selection last year and can improve, Wheeler too has been pretty solid. Honestly in a 4/3 the OLBs aren't all that important, not if we ran a 3/4 that would be a different story.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

This post is a disgrace.

We had one of the worst offenses in the league. We thought our offense would carry us. Instead, it was the other way around and we were counting on our D to keep us in games. That should put into perspective the impact a OC like Knapp can make.

Our defense dug us into holes more often than not though. Especially in the beginning of the year. Partially because of the offense's futility. I think with the likely improvement of our defense next year, hopefully paired with an OC who possesses ability to come up with a proper gameplan will help us big time.

They played off each other a lot. It was like it was always scripted:

Offense can't sustain a drive, defense can't stop anyone, offense can't sustain a drive, defense can't stop anyone, offense can't sustain a drive, defense is tired, offense abandons Knapp's gameplan and subsequently wakes up, defense tightens after DA/Tarver adjustments and rest, offense continues to roll then defense either gives up big play or gets ball back for CP to throw an INT.

Looks like Tarver and Allen know what they're doing when they got their guys in there though. Its not a big leap to assume they'll continue that trend with more time and resources. And tbh, even though our offense lacked playmakers in spots, things could have gone entirely different even with the same exact group of guys. Knapp alone really set our offense back with his incompetence regarding how he used his players and schemed. Even a decent OC would improve our offense immensely. Combining that with the probable improvement of our defense would pay huge dividends. Even would stop them from negatively playing off each other so much.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who are the canidates left in the playoffs?

I have T. Robiskie and P. Hill.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Norv to the Browns official yet or was it just a report?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
So is Norv to the Browns official yet or was it just a report?

I am surprised it wasnt announced yet. Although the article I read did say Norv was on vacation out of the country so it would have to all be official after he came back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 34 of 41

Jump to: