Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Kromer is gone now also. He is Trestmans OC. What a setup they have.

I'm worried the Chargers are going to get Lovie...... that would just ruin the division even more for us. We're going to be better next year though, I'm sure of it.... This is assuming we get Carson back though.

Chargers hired Mike McCoy. Personally, I don't like that hire at all.

No kidding??? When did this happen? I don't think this guy is anything great but I'm glad they went w/ an offensive mind. Not like the Bronco's needed him. Their OC plays QB. Just a wasted paycheck LOL

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I had a feeling Trestman was going to get the job in Chicago. Can we interview some better candidates? Please?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Damn I had a feeling Trestman was going to get the job in Chicago. Can we interview some better candidates? Please?

I just want to get a move on this. The sooner, the better.... but I definitely want a guy who is good at what he does. Having a defensive minded coach and a lot of work that needs to be done on that side of the ball, I could see that being a primary focus leaving the OC to work w/ what he's got. Since I assume much won't change on that side, the earlier the players get to know the system, the better.

Seems like a fair assessment IMO.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I just want to get a move on this. The sooner, the better.... but I definitely want a guy who is good at what he does. Having a defensive minded coach and a lot of work that needs to be done on that side of the ball, I could see that being a primary focus leaving the OC to work w/ what he's got. Since I assume much won't change on that side, the earlier the players get to know the system, the better.

We really have no idea what is happening on the offensive side. I really think we're more focused on getting a good offensive staff rather than committing to a specific scheme. We have allegedly been interested in Juan Castillo, implying that we aren't afraid to continue with the ZBS bs.

I would love a resolution here, but I can't say I'm going to be thrilled with hiring one of the guys we've already interviewed now that Trestman is a Bear.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

We really have no idea what is happening on the offensive side. I really think we're more focused on getting a good offensive staff rather than committing to a specific scheme. We have allegedly been interested in Juan Castillo, implying that we aren't afraid to continue with the ZBS bs.

I would love a resolution here, but I can't say I'm going to be thrilled with hiring one of the guys we've already interviewed now that Trestman is a Bear.

Ughhhh Castillo runs a ZBS??? Really.............. I was thinking it should be clear as day that we get away from that scheme. Hopefully there's some dark horse candidates or maybe someone from the 9ers, Pats, Falcons, or Ravens we want........

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

Ughhhh Castillo runs a ZBS??? Really.............. I was thinking it should be clear as day that we get away from that scheme.

Why? We've brought guys in specifically to play that scheme (Brisiel, Bergstrom, Smith) and our 2 best OL can play in it as well, they're smart and athletic enough. If we go back to the PBS now, we need a ton of new linemen. The ZBS isn't a bad scheme, Knapp and Pollack were just bad coaches and our RB can't run in it. Castillo is an experienced and proven OL coach, unlike Pollack. I'd trust him to get better results with his unit. We'd still need to get rid of Dmac but you and i don't have much of a problem with that, right?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Ughhhh Castillo runs a ZBS??? Really.............. I was thinking it should be clear as day that we get away from that scheme.

Why? We've brought guys in specifically to play that scheme (Brisiel, Bergstrom, Smith) and our 2 best OL can play in it as well, they're smart and athletic enough. If we go back to the PBS now, we need a ton of new linemen. The ZBS isn't a bad scheme, Knapp and Pollack were just bad coaches and our RB can't run in it. Castillo is an experienced and proven OL coach, unlike Pollack. I'd trust him to get better results with his unit. We'd still need to get rid of Dmac but you and i don't have much of a problem with that, right?

I can dig what you're saying. I still have a hangover from the lack of running game this season and it's clouding my judgment on the scheme itself. I'd be willing to give it a shot w/ new personnel. Thanks for keeping me level w/ this.

And you're right, getting rid of McFadden and his contract, and accumulating a pick would be very ideal IMO. Question, since you're a numbers guy, if we trade him, he will have no cap hit, correct?

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I can dig what you're saying. I still have a hangover from the lack of running game this season and it's clouding my judgment on the scheme itself. I'd be willing to give it a shot w/ new personnel. Thanks for keeping me level w/ this.

And you're right, getting rid of McFadden and his contract, and accumulating a pick would be very ideal IMO. Question, since you're a numbers guy, if we trade him, he will have no cap hit, correct?

The remaining portion of his signing bonus would still be counting against our cap but since 2013 is his last year, it's only 2.1M. So we'd be saving 5.8M.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Pretty sure it would depend on his bonus. Love DMAC, but its becoming more apparent that its time for both sides to move on. Especially if we continue with the ZBS.

And please don't tell me you're saying Willie Smith, Mike Brisiel and Tony Bergstrom are good reasons to stay ZBS.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Quote:
The Chicago Bears will hire Marc Trestman as their next head coach, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Clowney here we come! Very Happy

If we have Carson, it won't happen. If we have Pryor, bet on it.

lol you serious? Raiders better lube up, because they're about to get shafted by the opposition. Laughing Like Palmer can save us from being inept. The old guy? hahahahaha that's rich. Pryor sucks too(until he proves otherwise, the ruling's still out there wether you can stand it or not). 2013-2014: Look like Clowns for Clowney!
Clowney here we come Very Happy

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

And please don't tell me you're saying Willie Smith, Mike Brisiel and Tony Bergstrom are good reasons to stay ZBS.

They're not very good reasons but i'm sure we'd have a hard time finding better power blocking linemen in one offseason. When i look at our current roster, most of the olinemen are ZBS guy. If we stay with the ZBS, those guys at least provide depth. In a PBS, they're pretty much useless. So what i'm saying is if we switch, we're starting from scratch once again.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
lol you serious? Raiders better lube up, because they're about to get shafted by the opposition. Laughing Like Palmer can save us from being inept. The old guy? hahahahaha that's rich. Pryor sucks too(until he proves otherwise, the ruling's still out there wether you can stand it or not). 2013-2014: Look like Clowns for Clowney!
Clowney here we come Very Happy

This post is a disgrace.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

They're not very good reasons but i'm sure we'd have a hard time finding better power blocking linemen in one offseason. When i look at our current roster, most of the olinemen are ZBS guy. If we stay with the ZBS, those guys at least provide depth. In a PBS, they're pretty much useless. So what i'm saying is if we switch, we're starting from scratch once again.

Disagree. Smith and Brisiel are bums regardless. Berg is a 3rd round pick allegedly well-versed in the ZBS who could barely get playing time in the last game of a 4-12 season. And he got the hook for a PS guy a quarter in. He was bounced around but that's not the point; if he would have stood out at all at one of our positions of need (LG or RT or even RG), he would have played more.

Our cupboards are still pretty much bare the way I see it. Well, not bare, but the only things left in there are a 3 year old can of beets, expired soup and sauerkraut. These schmucks shouldn't influence our decision either way is what I'm saying.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Disagree. Smith and Brisiel are bums regardless. Berg is a 3rd round pick allegedly well-versed in the ZBS who could barely get playing time in the last game of a 4-12 season. And he got the hook for a PS guy a quarter in. He was bounced around but that's not the point; if he would have stood out at all at one of our positions of need (LG or RT or even RG), he would have played more.

Our cupboards are still pretty much bare the way I see it. Well, not bare, but the only things left in there are a 3 year old can of beets, expired soup and sauerkraut. These schmucks shouldn't influence our decision either way is what I'm saying.

+1 Completely agree
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think we will run a mix. However I would rather trade McFadden.

I hope we can land JoeD'Alessandris as an OL coach. Has done a great job in NFL. I believe he was also an OL coach for a year at A&M when Allen was on the team as a player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 33 of 41

Jump to: