Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. No rumors, interviews, scheduled interviews, nothing. Wonder if they're targeting someone still playing football. There's a lot of good candidates out there right now. I would have liked them to get a jump on everyone else that is assembling their GM's and Head Coaches right now.

Good call. Here are the best canidates that meet that criteria.
Dorell may be my favorite of the bunch.

Pat Hill
Terry Robiskie
Karl Dorrell
Tim Drevno
Doug Nussmeier
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big worry is that looking at those quotes Allen seems to have no really clue what he wants on offense. It's not good when your Head Coach has no vision or plan.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a feeling Allen is waiting for Mike Mularkey, who could be available by the end of the week.
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
The big worry is that looking at those quotes Allen seems to have no really clue what he wants on offense. It's not good when your Head Coach has no vision or plan.

To me it seems like he's saying the broad non sensical things that head coaches say. I'm sure he knows what he wants, just wants to not tip his hand.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

To me it seems like he's saying the broad non sensical things that head coaches say. I'm sure he knows what he wants, just wants to not tip his hand.

Why not tip his hand? Not sure what effect it would have. But to me if he goes away from the ZBS scheme it would be proof he doesn't have a plan. If he's a ZBS/WCO/Vertical/whatever guy I'd expect him to stick to that, not just to throw it out after a year. I think his lack of experience is showing up here. He probably never had to worry about having a preferred offense before until last year.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Why not tip his hand? Not sure what effect it would have. But to me if he goes away from the ZBS scheme it would be proof he doesn't have a plan. If he's a ZBS/WCO/Vertical/whatever guy I'd expect him to stick to that, not just to throw it out after a year. I think his lack of experience is showing up here. He probably never had to worry about having a preferred offense before until last year.

The way i look at it, he hired the only OC experienced guy available he had worked with and he just happened to run a ZBS. So when he had to justify the switch, he had to come up with something better than Knapp was my only option.
The truth is we hired a young HC with very limited experience in the NFL and to make matters worse, we hired him late in the process. Coaches probably weren't lining up to be part of his staff.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

+1 Spot on. This season was a huge waist of time.
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

The only plan he needs to have is finding the scheme that best fits the talent he has, then add more talent.

Allen isn't a coach who has a type of offense or defense that he has been using for years... he is a one time defensive coordinator who got a head coaching job because there was nobody better on the market. Allen's success will be dependent on the coordinators he hires.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

yea. idk bout DA. if he hand picked knapp then idk about him

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
He probably never had to worry about having a preferred offense before until last year.

I thought he was in charge of offensive game planning during his time as a defensive coordinator and defensive assistant!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone mentioned yet that Allen and Co. Are coaching the senior bowl 16 days away. Either our guy has already been picked or DA is in for a lot of work come the 26th....Saunders anyone?
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well when is the decision going to be made

Greg Knapp Shocked Shocked

Allen chose Greg Knapp Shocked Shocked
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. No rumors, interviews, scheduled interviews, nothing. Wonder if they're targeting someone still playing football. There's a lot of good candidates out there right now. I would have liked them to get a jump on everyone else that is assembling their GM's and Head Coaches right now.

Most people who aren't coahes don't know this but the national American football coaches convention was this weekend. Today was the last day for most people. High school, college and pro coaches from all over the country were in Nashville this entire weekend. Lots of people looking for jobs and lots of coaches looking to get their young players recruited.

There may not be any news or rumors until we get to the Senior Bowl week.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Pat Hill
Terry Robiskie
Karl Dorrell
Tim Drevno
Doug Nussmeier

Why would Doug Nussmeier leave the Alabama dynasty to come here???

Raider X hooked me with the sig
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Pat Hill
Terry Robiskie
Karl Dorrell
Tim Drevno
Doug Nussmeier

Why would Doug Nussmeier leave the Alabama dynasty to come here???

Didnt say he would. I said these are the best canidates from teams that were still playing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 17 of 41

Jump to: