Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am not being entirely clear.

I am not trying to say this team is a fit for this offense or for the ZBS, or for the 4-3 as we are running it.

I'm saying it's not a fit for anything, it wasn't a fit for what Hue was running and it isn't fit for this.

It's a mismash of a roster built around no system. My take is pick one and stick with it or we'll never win anything. Hue did the best you could possibly do with the team he had, it wasn't getting any better than that 8-8 in my mind. And I have no problem with the new regime changing the systems. As long as they stick with it, stop the flip flopping, and make a winner out of it.

I am not in agreement with extending the offense as it was played last year. Because I don't think is a roster fit to excel at the deep ball PBS offense either. Taking 2 things I think are important under consideration. #1, our best player whom the offense was built around is both overrated and injury prone. #2, the damn deep ball offense of Al Davis' glory years doesn't win anybody anything any more in modern football. Does everyone so quickly forget how much we wanted it gone once upon a time?
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Holyghost is spot on. We don't have a system, haven't had one in a while and I think the first think Reggie and Allen needed to do was define their system stick to it. Wiz was never a PBS guy, his biggest knock coming out was his lack of strength and he seemed a much better for a ZBS. Carisle and Satele had experience in systems while Veldheer is athletic enough to work in a ZBS. Some people will say fit your system to your players, I don't agree especially when your players are only going to be average anyway. Decide on your system and then gets your plays to play in it.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do decide to go in a new direction, which we should, at offensive coordinator who do you guys hope we consider?

My favorite possible candidate.

Jeff Tedford, 51 years old (Former Cal Head Coach)

Jeff Tedford is a California guy, he was born and raised in California, went to school at Fresno State and revived the Berkley program during his 10 year tenure at the school. He's currently unemployed and with no marquee job opportunities available in college football it might be smart for him to make an NFL pitstop for a couple of years before taking over another college football program. He's been one of the better offensive minds in college football over the over the past two decades as he's worked with 6 future first round picks at quarterback as both a coordinator at Fresno State and Oregon as well as during his time as a head coach at Berkley. While he may not stay with the organization for more than a few seasons he could bring in a successor as an offensive positional coach and pass on the reigns to him whenever he does decide to move on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys here is 3 candidate:

Marthy Morhinweg
WCO guy, with solid background lots of experience. Has had good O's during the years. Eagles staff is blown up and it's not a sure thing from Reid to bring everyone further IMO. Won't get any HC gig soon, so could be a long term solution.

Chan Gailey
He is known as a creative, good OC, who can make solid O play from noname guys. He uses a timing passing game, where his recievers gets into open spaces a lot. Ford and Moore would be great fitts IMO. He uses big WR's a lot, so Streater and Criner also fit the bill...
He is known to be a good QB "coach\guy" and could develope TP too.
Won't get any HC gig soon, so could be a long term solution.

Pep Hamilton
He is the OC for Stanford. He calls the plays for 2 years now and his O looks good. He knows Tarver well obviously. He is not a top\hot name yet, so we could get him. He could be up for HC job(college) if performs well, so might be short term solution...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
If we do decide to go in a new direction, which we should, at offensive coordinator who do you guys hope we consider?

My favorite possible candidate.

Jeff Tedford, 51 years old (Former Cal Head Coach)

Jeff Tedford is a California guy, he was born and raised in California, went to school at Fresno State and revived the Berkley program during his 10 year tenure at the school. He's currently unemployed and with no marquee job opportunities available in college football it might be smart for him to make an NFL pitstop for a couple of years before taking over another college football program. He's been one of the better offensive minds in college football over the over the past two decades as he's worked with 6 future first round picks at quarterback as both a coordinator at Fresno State and Oregon as well as during his time as a head coach at Berkley. While he may not stay with the organization for more than a few seasons he could bring in a successor as an offensive positional coach and pass on the reigns to him whenever he does decide to move on.

I could see this.

I could also see Aaron Kromer as an option especially if Saunders is retained in his current capacity.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need an OC in place to coach at the Senior Bowl? I know the Head Coaches will be picked within in the next week. KC has no staff. I'm really hoping Dennis Allen gets that gig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Do we need an OC in place to coach at the Senior Bowl? I know the Head Coaches will be picked within in the next week. KC has no staff. I'm really hoping Dennis Allen gets that gig.

Wouldn't be a bad thing, that's for sure. I don't really know much about how that works.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its usually the teams that pick 1 & 2 in the draft unless they decline or don't have a coaching staff. Chiefs probably won't have a HC in place for a few weeks so we'll jump them, I'm just not sure if Raiders will get passed over for not having an OC.
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we go with someone who has some experience under his belt, like a norv type guy. But one name that intrigues me is Pat Hill.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty Morhinweg seems like a really good fit. Reggie McKenzie thinks highly of him. He's coming of a 6 year stint as OC for the Eagles, he likes the big plays in the passing game that Allen is always talking about. Another positive is, he could potentially bring in Juan Castillo to coach the O-line. Hopefully something happens this week.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I hope we go with someone who has some experience under his belt, like a norv type guy. But one name that intrigues me is Pat Hill.

I think it was Corkran who brought him up on twitter the other day. Any info on that guy?
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

Pat hill is more of a ground and pound, power running team. He'd be perfect in New York, but not here because I think we want be more of a passing team. Also I don't think he's ever called plays.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Pat hill is more of a ground and pound, power running team. He'd be perfect in New York, but not here because I think we want be more of a passing team. Also I don't think he's ever called plays.

Do we? I thought the idea was to be a defensive minded team with a strong running game.
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

I think it was Corkran who brought him up on twitter the other day. Any info on that guy?

Is he a good playcaller?
Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Do we? I thought the idea was to be a defensive minded team with a strong running game.

Me too...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 11 of 41

Jump to: