Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rat v. Jerry; PPV!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the story is wrong or not but this says they got in another argument after todays win.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/250766/ratliff-jerry-jones-have-volcanic-exchange

Quote:
CBS Dallas reports that Cowboys NT Jay Ratliff and owner Jerry Jones had a "volcanic" exchange following Sunday's win over the Bengals, regarding Ratliff's seventh missed game this season.
Ratliff has missed action with foot, groin, and ankle injuries this season. Per CBS Dallas, Jones told Ratliff, "We need you" in the locker room after the win, and the notoriously irascible Ratliff responded by going jaw-to-jaw with the owner in a heated exchange. “They’re both passionate men and great men and they want to win, that’s all it is," one source said. “But they were in each other’s faces. People had to intervene." Ratliff's backup is Josh Brent, who was obviously unavailable for the game after allegedly contributing to the death of practice squad player Jerry Brown on Saturday.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinks Roto got it wrong. Unless the EXACT same thing happened again. With the same phrases.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love what Rat has done and meant to this team, but what a stupid move. Sutpid to the point of unbelievable. Injuried, aging vet...salary cap strapped team....and he gives them an easy out. Which in all honesty, they should take and not look back.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Me thinks Roto got it wrong. Unless the EXACT same thing happened again. With the same phrases.

kind of what im thinkin too.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This adds more fuel to my thoughts/hopes about that we will trade him at the draft. Would LOVE that.

- A shame that Brent looks to be going into jail.. Anyone knows what punishment you usually get for something like that?

I know that a lot of you would like to see Brent cut, I wouldn't if he can play next year. If he seems like he is mentally in a good place where he focusses on football and his life instead of feeling bad for him self and completely fall apart, then there's no reason to believe that this incident will make him work even harder then ever before and staying away from alcohol.

I'm done with Ratliff. Get his sorry [inappropriate/removed] out of here!
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't think it would be doing a huge favor for Ratliff, I would say cut him right now. If he were playing, I wonder if Jerry would go bounty gate on one of his own players? Lets get Charles Haley and Ratliff in a room.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry confirmed it did happen. Mentioned letting the emotions of the game getting to both of them. Spoke passionately and positively about Rat, and said he is doubtful this week.

#WhatHappensInTheLockerRoomStaysInThereUnlessYourSandusky

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both people were out of line here. Jerry should not be walking around pushing the buttons of the players because he is indirectly emasculating his coaching staff by inserting himself in positions and roles which they are hired and paid to fill, and Ratliff should not have said what he said because it was insubordinate and terribly inappropriate.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
mco65

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
This adds more fuel to my thoughts/hopes about that we will trade him at the draft. Would LOVE that.

- A shame that Brent looks to be going into jail.. Anyone knows what punishment you usually get for something like that?

I know that a lot of you would like to see Brent cut, I wouldn't if he can play next year. If he seems like he is mentally in a good place where he focusses on football and his life instead of feeling bad for him self and completely fall apart, then there's no reason to believe that this incident will make him work even harder then ever before and staying away from alcohol.

Many 1st time DUI manslaughter offenders get probation and community service. But this is Brent's second DUI. that is going to severly hurt his chances of probation and no jail time.. I think he's looking at 2 years minimum. Depending on the backlog, his court date could take a year so conceivable he could remain on the team and play next season. I am just not sure how much the Cowboys want to invest in him now.. I guess we will find out soon enough.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the knowledge, mco65,
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Many 1st time DUI manslaughter offenders get probation and community service. But this is Brent's second DUI. that is going to severly hurt his chances of probation and no jail time.. I think he's looking at 2 years minimum. Depending on the backlog, his court date could take a year so conceivable he could remain on the team and play next season. I am just not sure how much the Cowboys want to invest in him now.. I guess we will find out soon enough.

He's going to jail. He served 60 days the first time he was popped for a DUI, so I'd seriously doubt that he'd serve less time on a second offense, especially since it also resulted in the death of a passenger.

Northland wrote:
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

He's going to jail. He served 60 days the first time he was popped for a DUI, so I'd seriously doubt that he'd serve less time on a second offense, especially since it also resulted in the death of a passenger.

Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter on April 1, 2009; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail.[23] As a result of a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, 2 years of community control, and 8 years probation.[24] He has also received a life-time suspension of his Florida state driver's license.[25]

On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from county jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence

Just some insight on what Stallworth got in Florida.

Yes, he will prolly get jail time for this one ( he only got 30 days last time) but I bet he got himself a high price attorney this time so dont be surprise if he somehows gets out ofthis with very little punishment
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter on April 1, 2009; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail.[23] As a result of a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, 2 years of community control, and 8 years probation.[24] He has also received a life-time suspension of his Florida state driver's license.[25]

On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from county jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence

Just some insight on what Stallworth got in Florida.

Yes, he will prolly get jail time for this one ( he only got 30 days last time) but I bet he got himself a high price attorney this time so dont be surprise if he somehows gets out ofthis with very little punishment

Very true Jimmy, but that also was Stallworth's first offense. This is Brent's second. The courts are usually tougher on second offenses. I'm not saying that he's going to spend the rest of his life in a cell, but he will see some time behind bars considering he served 60 days in jail the first time, and that was without any injuries - let alone deaths - to anyone.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: