Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT... Falcons @ Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much respect to the "kraken". backed up all that splashing from early in the week.

didn't realize it until they posted the stats but cam has been on FIRE since about mid season and he was an absolute beast today.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home from the game and I have to say that this was easily the best the Panthers and Cam Newton have looked all season. The first half was total dominance by the Panthers. I would have like more TD's than FG's, but at least they are knocking FG's through the uprights now. The defense played extremely aggressive in 1st half and 59 was all over the field. Cam was efficient and explosive all when required. He zipped passes to Steve and Greg in the 1st, and hit Murphy in the 2nd. Also, Edwards would have had a nice catch if he was ready late in the game around the 20 yard line, Cam put it on the money. Great game by Cam. That run was really nice, too!!! Cool The D played soft as ever in the mid to late 3rd. They stopped pressuring Ryan and gave him all day to throw. But, in the end they made the play that matters. Great win for the Panthers!
On a side note, I don't know who will be on the roster next season, but I can tell you that there needs to be one less RB not named Tolbert. Tolbert makes this offense go. He pounds out short yards, picks up passes on 3rd down and so on. Dude is a stud! Williams seems to thrive without Stewart in this offense, but Stewart is younger even though he "seems" to be injured all the time (even though he really is not). Honestly, I really don't care who they keep, but either they work it out or dump one of them.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight man! Glad you had fun.
I'd say Stewart should stay over DeAngelo.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone notice how much Cam threw to the sideline? I remember five throws where the WR tapped their toes. Definitely a new element from Cam and the offense.

He's really been on point lately. Yes, some throws are missed but that's football. He is improved because he comes back and makes the next play. I think he's gotten past his old "make every play" mentality and plays much more patiently.

On the other side, Keuchly had 16 tackles. WOW. Seeing TD with that pick was amazing. If we get a young, talented DT, I can't see Keuchly not making the pro bowl. He's going to lead the league in tackles for the next decade.
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
He's really been on point lately. Yes, some throws are missed but that's football.

Those overthrown passes to the flats are so annoying though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina_Champ wrote:
Moody wrote:
He's really been on point lately. Yes, some throws are missed but that's football.

Those overthrown passes to the flats are so annoying though.

The worst was with 6 minutes in the game. 1st and 10. He over throws Williams when the Panthers needed to clock to spin. Bad time for a bad throw. All in all, Cam is minimizing the "bad throws", but that one could have been critical. Cam is developing as a QB, which is nice b/c he has all the potential to be the next "perfect weapon". Cam made some really nice and critical throws today.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah he missed some throws down field and missed smith a couple times in the end zone but it's overthrowing those screen passes that really drives me bonkers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
yeah he missed some throws down field and missed smith a couple times in the end zone but it's overthrowing those screen passes that really drives me bonkers.

Yea, but Cam totally missed Murphy who was wide open early in the game. Seems like last season Cam nailed those passes. Seems like a Meh situation. I'll bet Ryan would have made that pass, though... Also it didn't seem like Cam missed too many "easy" passes. And the one's that he did miss he made up for today.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Greg Hardy yelled, "Get the eff off our field!" at Falcons players at the end of the game. Love that guy.

Apparently Matt Bryant replied "Watch us in January." He's right. Good thing we'll only have to watch them for one week. Laughing

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Greg Hardy yelled, "Get the eff off our field!" at Falcons players at the end of the game. Love that guy.

Apparently Matt Bryant replied "Watch us in January." He's right. Good thing we'll only have to watch them for one week. Laughing

ooooh a trash talkin kicker Laughing Laughing he must be drunk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Well, at least he was smart enough to not say February.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Well, at least he was smart enough to not say February.

Mind you, he's a kicker... even football players on their own team hate kickers.
You know why I hate kickers, it's b/c at the end of practice we had to run gassers and the kickers were always soccer players (who are gazelles). So at the end of practice, the kickers would run with the team and they would smoke us! Yea, we practiced for 3 hours and the kickers didn't do sh!t. Yet, the coach would still yell at us, "you're getting beat in gassers by a kicker"!!!!! BTW my kicker went on to kick for 4 year in D-1 football... still fu&k him... Kind of a love hate relationship!
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my father in law said the other day he wanted my son to be a kicker. dem be fightin werds. he's gonna be starting goalie for the NJ devs and thats final

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
my father in law said the other day he wanted my son to be a kicker. dem be fightin werds. he's gonna be starting goalie for the NJ devs and thats final

Two knee surgeries and a busted ankle later I hope my son is a kicker! It was more a joke between me and my kicker. He was a stud. Nailed two 50+ FG's in one game.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-georgia-sports/2012/12/09/video-de-tells-falcons-to-get-off-carolinas-field/

There is something clearly wrong with Greg Hardy. Laughing

Probably one of my favorite Panthers already.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: