Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Redskins GDT (Week 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is an inch away from recovering a fumble at the Washington 15 that gives the team a 10-3 record, clinches the division, and makes us all think they're headed to a first round bye.

Football is a stupid sport.

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
This team is an inch away from recovering a fumble at the Washington 15 that gives the team a 10-3 record, clinches the division, and makes us all think they're headed to a first round bye.

although that play would've been huge, it still gave them the ball at the 15 yard line and wasn't that late in the game.

We should be able to overcome that kind of play that has a neutral result and win a game like this against a team like that.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the best Battle of the Beltway ever. win or lose both teams played to the best of their abilities.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ConvenientTruth wrote:

although that play would've been huge, it still gave them the ball at the 15 yard line and wasn't that late in the game.

We should be able to overcome that kind of play that has a neutral result and win a game like this against a team like that.
There were 4 minutes left in the game, up 8 at the Washington 15. You figure at worst, that makes it a two-score game with Washington having no timeouts left with 3 minutes left. That's a win.

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
That was the best Battle of the Beltway ever. win or lose both teams played to the best of their abilities.

Considering half our best players were on the sideline by the end of it, I wouldn't say it was our best effort.

But you guys did play well, and I can't say you didn't deserve the win. RG3 is going to be fun to watch for the next decade (on Fox during commercial breaks in the Ravens' games).
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ConvenientTruth wrote:

You haven't jumped over to the Seahawks, yet?
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ConvenientTruth: It was that late? Dang, for some reason I thought it happened in the 3rd or start of the 4th. My mistake. Still, down by 8 with 4 mins left and 75 yards to go? C'mon, you can't tell me our defense should be able to hold. But yeah, that could've turned the game around and essentially given us a win. Like I said, those close games that we were somehow winning earlier in the year are now biting us because we approach those games with the same mentality and lack of preparation and accountability.

@wacky: ...no?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
@ConvenientTruth: It was that late? Dang, for some reason I thought it happened in the 3rd or start of the 4th. My mistake. Still, down by 8 with 4 mins left and 75 yards to go? C'mon, you can't tell me our defense should be able to hold. But yeah, that could've turned the game around and essentially given us a win. Like I said, those close games that we were somehow winning earlier in the year are now biting us because we approach those games with the same mentality and lack of preparation and accountability.

The Ravens almost recovered a fumble on a kickoff that would have given the Ravens the ball at the Washington 15 with 4 minutes left. Already in chip shot field goal range with an 8 point lead. The recovering player (I think it was David Reed) could not stay inbounds.

The game was over if he recovered it.

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The Ravens almost recovered a fumble on a kickoff that would have given the Ravens the ball at the Washington 15 with 4 minutes left. Already in chip shot field goal range with an 8 point lead. The recovering player (I think it was David Reed) could not stay inbounds.

Yeah I watched the play...lol it was David Reed. I just figured it happened much earlier in the game.

Either way...trying to pin the loss on that play is silly. If we stop them on the 2 point coversion, we win. If we keep their backup QB from going HAM and throwing a TD pass, we win. If Flacco learns some DAMN POCKET AWARENESS, we win.

Multiple factors.

BlaqOptic wrote:
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ConvenientTruth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yeah I watched the play...lol it was David Reed. I just figured it happened much earlier in the game.

Either way...trying to pin the loss on that play is silly. If we stop them on the 2 point coversion, we win. If we keep their backup QB from going HAM and throwing a TD pass, we win. If Flacco learns some DAMN POCKET AWARENESS, we win.

Multiple factors.
I'm not blaming it on that per se, I'm just saying how different this place would be if he recovered it and the Ravens win by 10-14 to move to 10-3.

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ConvenientTruth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Multiple factors.
I'm not blaming it on that per se, I'm just saying how different this place would be if he recovered it and the Ravens win by 10-14 to move to 10-3.

There'd still be a lot of whining that the win wasn't "impressive enough", "Why was the game close?," "Flacco tried to lose the game here, here, and here," "Cam called a stupidly conservative game that would lose it for us against better competitions (I'd be on board with this one)"...

I'm just decided on not getting concerned over anything that happens the rest of the regular season. A bye would be nice, but it's far from necessary. As long as we win our division that's good enough with how many injuries we've had and how tough our schedule has been. We'll see if we can get execute and get hot during playoff time.

But seriously, until/unless it's week 17 and we haven't clinched the division yet, then I'm not going to lose too much sleep.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I'm digging 4th place to be honest. I'd rather face Indy than PIT or CIN.

I certainly don't.

I don't want anything to do with playing a team that will be as motivated as they will be. They've got the emotional strength from Chuckstrong, the "Nobody Believed In Us" factor seeing as people were pegging them to be picking in the top 10 again and familiar players wanting to play well against their old team.

I'd much rather face the known team in Cincy or Pitt

They're also the most fraudulent 9-4 team in NFL history by 400 trillion miles. Maybe I'd be more comfortable with facing Cincy, but Pittsburgh with Big Ben? No way.

I just told you this and you said I'm nuts! But I agree with DRD. I'd rather play the known than unknown. We'll "Get up" to play Pittsburgh. lol, wow, we're frauds.

I don't get it. I've believed that about the Colts for several weeks now. You didn't think I was talking about the Ravens, did you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Luck is a walking pick 6. Our secondary alone could score enough to send us to Houston.

Free Ray Rice
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
RavensfanRD wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I'm digging 4th place to be honest. I'd rather face Indy than PIT or CIN.

I certainly don't.

I don't want anything to do with playing a team that will be as motivated as they will be. They've got the emotional strength from Chuckstrong, the "Nobody Believed In Us" factor seeing as people were pegging them to be picking in the top 10 again and familiar players wanting to play well against their old team.

I'd much rather face the known team in Cincy or Pitt

They're also the most fraudulent 9-4 team in NFL history by 400 trillion miles. Maybe I'd be more comfortable with facing Cincy, but Pittsburgh with Big Ben? No way.

I just told you this and you said I'm nuts! But I agree with DRD. I'd rather play the known than unknown. We'll "Get up" to play Pittsburgh. lol, wow, we're frauds.

I don't get it. I've believed that about the Colts for several weeks now. You didn't think I was talking about the Ravens, did you?

You should be. We suck.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
You should be. We suck.

If you think we're worse than the Colts, or that we "suck", you're letting emotion cloud...well, everything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: