Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Redskins GDT (Week 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
That right there was a perfect lesson on how to take an easily winnable game and completely screw it up.

Key mistakes on offense, defense and special teams, both by coaches and players, but mostly this week on defense. I've never seen so many open receivers in my life.

Was that Chris Johnson who was ten yards out of position on Garcon's TD? Don't know how he managed to get that so wrong. There was only one guy on his side of the field.

At least the Steelers and Bengals both lost, but without these last two games, where the Ravens really did snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, the division would be wrapped up and a first round bye would be looking pretty good.

Now, the Ravens will probably have to go to Mile High or Foxborough, where they will lose.

You guys might as well stop watching this season then since you already know how it ends.

Is there some satisfaction with declaring the season over? If we do end up doing well or going all the way, you can be happy, but if we fall short you get to be 'right?'
I don't think anyone will take solace(sp) in being "right". And fwiw, we will probably lose in Mile High or Foxborough. Hell, we'd probably lose in Jacksonv... oh wait...

There's a big difference in saying what will likely happen and what will happen. And I don't think that anyone would be happy about being 'right,' that's why I asked the initial question. When our season is still very much alive why is there such haste to declare us out of it. It's one thing to talk about the failings in this game, to say where we need to get better, and what we can build upon. I just don't understand the race to say GG or "season over" in threads like someone posting "first." I probably never will understand it.
From what I've seen, nobody has declared the season "over". (I can see how someone could read Manchurian's comment as that, but I didn't) And the ngativity is warranted after the last 2 weeks. We've been disgraceful.

You can honsetly type with a straight face that this doesn't happen here after losses? You even implied we would be going one and done in the playoffs just a few pages back.
You're taking things too seriously right now. You have to take into account the fact that we just completely crapped the bed... again... in a game we should have won... again... There are going to be some negative things said rashly, doesn't mean I actually believe we go 1 and done, but if we did I wouldn't be surprised.

Fair point, but at the same time this is a discussion board. People are going to respond to the things you put in print representing your thoughts on the situation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
You can honsetly type with a straight face that this doesn't happen here after losses? You even implied we would be going one and done in the playoffs just a few pages back.

You can't fault anyone for having a negative attitude considering how the season went.

I certainly can, as should anyone who was alive from 2002-2007.
So it's not ok to be negative after these last 2 weeks?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

StRawz11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

You can't fault anyone for having a negative attitude considering how the season went.

How did it go? Enough people predicted this team wouldn't even make it back to the playoffs after Suggs went down and with us being in a division with the Steelers. We weren't even suppose to be 9-4.

And with each passing week we've been called frauds because we've found a way to win.

Honestly, if we turn this season around and win out, I'm glad we were able to have these struggles now. This team should plays best under adversity. This pressure of HAVING to win out to get the #2 seed should honestly keep them motivated going into the playoffs. There's still plenty of time to regain momentum for this season and to get the job done.

The thing now is to finds ways to lose games they shouldn't. The injuries are just piling up now to the point it's getting ridiculous.

Losing Yanda is just another blow to an already sinking team.

Hopefully they can overcome it, but it will be difficult.

The Ravens will get into the playoffs, so the sky hasn't fallen yet

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

In some ways it's fine. But in the manner so many people are being negative right now? I honestly don't think it is. I don't want to look back on this era and see that I was miserable 80% of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Exactly.

If people aren't negative after what we just had happen in the past 2 weeks, they're either EXTREMELY optimistic, or just delusional.

We've had the chance to win the AFC North for 2 straight weeks and have blown it. Absolutely blown it. And even worse, against a 3rd string QB and a 2nd string ROOKIE QB.

Just truly pathetic.
nevermore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

How did it go? Enough people predicted this team wouldn't even make it back to the playoffs after Suggs went down and with us being in a division with the Steelers. We weren't even suppose to be 9-4.

I can honestly say I've heard no such thing (I'm not counting Skip Bayless), but then again I don't live in the US.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.

Last edited by nevermore on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baltimore Pride

ravens_rool28 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

No dude, did you read? We can't be negative towards anything that has happened the last 2 weeks merely because a turbulent time in our teams history from 2002-2007.

Its like a bartered wife being told by her abusive husband that things were once worse for her Laughing

diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

And with each passing week we've been called frauds because we've found a way to win.

Honestly, if we turn this season around and win out, I'm glad we were able to have these struggles now. This team should plays best under adversity. This pressure of HAVING to win out to get the #2 seed should honestly keep them motivated going into the playoffs. There's still plenty of time to regain momentum for this season and to get the job done.
Agreed, but until we can play a solid 60 minutes against a good team, I'm not going to get my hopes up for a Lombardi this year. That dosn't mean we don't have the talent or ability to do it, we just need to be consistent... with everything.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I can honestly say I've hear no such thing (I'm not counting Skip Bayless), but then again I don't live in the US.

I never heard this either. I predicted something like 9-7 I think, but I still said we'd make the playoffs.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

This is where I'm at. Would I rather we go 16-0 and cruise through the playoffs? Yes. Is that ever realistic? No. Have we looked poor these past two weeks, seemingly coughing up games we could have won? Absolutely. But there's still time and I believe this team is still a contender. In no way am I saying we should be parading through NFL Gen declaring ourselves the SB favorites, but at the same time we have zero reason to be ashamed of this team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I can honestly say I've hear no such thing (I'm not counting Skip Bayless), but then again I don't live in the US.

Then you must not have been on the board. Plenty of 7-9 to 9-7 predictions barely missing the playoffs in here alone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

This is where I'm at. Would I rather we go 16-0 and cruise through the playoffs? Yes. Is that ever realistic? No. Have we looked poor these past two weeks, seemingly coughing up games we could have won? Absolutely. But there's still time and I believe this team is still a contender. In no way am I saying we should be parading through NFL Gen declaring ourselves the SB favorites, but at the same time we have zero reason to be ashamed of this team.

Honestly, the only difference between now and the first half of the sesaon is that we are now losing these close games instead of lucking our way to victories. If teams don't choke away games like SD or Dallas did, they can and obviously will beat us.

It hasn't JUST been the past two weeks, it's been the majority of the season, but those mistakes and horrible games are masked by the giant "W" in front of them.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

In some ways it's fine. But in the manner so many people are being negative right now? I honestly don't think it is. I don't want to look back on this era and see that I was miserable 80% of the time.
I'm chalking it up to a "knee jerk reaction" of sorts. These last 2 (we could even say 3) weeks have been terrible, and the frustration has been building for weeks now (at least for me). If we keep up this act in the next few games, it's going to be hard for me to truly believe we can make a deep playoff run this year.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually missed the play where Yanda went down. Just saw someone laying on the ground. Wow...

That said, I don't think we'll lose much from inserting McKinnie for Oher at this point. Honestly, I would rather we move Oher to OG and see how he does at that spot. But since the logical/likely thing is to have him play RT... we'll likely shift KO inside to RG. Honestly I'm more concerned about Oher potentially stepping in for KO on the right side than with KO stepping in for Yanda.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Honestly, the only difference between now and the first half of the sesaon is that we are now losing these close games instead of lucking our way to victories. If teams don't choke away games like SD or Dallas did, they can and obviously will beat us.

It hasn't JUST been the past two weeks, it's been the majority of the season, but those mistakes and horrible games are masked by the giant "W" in front of them.

So we can luck our way into victories, but it's not lucking our way into losses? Interesting, but not surprising.

Flip the script for a second. If we were all Skins fans, you would absolutely be talking about how we got lucky that the Ravens turned the ball over, then allowed us to get a long punt return (the JAcoby Jones TD that made the difference has been held against us and you know it) putting us in position to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 34 of 39

Jump to: