Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Redskins GDT (Week 14)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Ravens @ Redskins GDT (Week 14) Reply with quote

When: Sunday, 12/9/12, 1:00 PM
Where: FedExField (85,000)
TV: CBS | WJZ
TV Crew: Marv Albert (play-by-play), Rich Gannon (analyst)

Injury Lists
Washington Redskins

Questionable LB London Fletcher (ankle); DeAngelo Hall (knee/ankle); OT Trent Williams (thigh)

Probable WR Pierre Garcon (foot); P Sav Rocca (right knee); CB Josh Wilson (shoulder)

Baltimore Ravens

Out LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle); TE Ed Dickson (knee)

Doubtful CB Jimmy Smith (abdomen)

Questionable Terrell Suggs (biceps); CB Asa Jackson (shoulder); CB Chris Johnson (thigh)

Probable CB Chykie Brown (ankle); LB Josh Bynes (thigh); SS James Ihedigbo (calf); WR Jacoby Jones (ankle); FB Vonta Leach (ankle); DE Pernell McPhee (chest); SS Bernard Pollard (chest); FS Ed Reed (shoulder)

Three Match-Ups to Watch:
1. Ravens Run D vs Redskins Run O
The Redskins boast a league leading rush offense, averaging more than 167 yards per game. Rookie RB Alfred Morris is tied for 3rd in the league in rushing yards with 1,106. He also has rushing 6 TDs. RGIII leads all QBs with 714 yards (59.5 YPG) and 6TDs on the ground himself. The Ravens defense on the other hand has somewhat struggled, giving up the 10th most yards on the ground (although only at 4.0 YPC, which is 9th best in the league). The Ravens will not only have to keep an eye out for RGIII scrambling, but play smart, consistent defense and stick to their assignments against the read-option, which they are sure to see a lot of.

2. Ravens Passing O vs Redskins Secondary
The Redskins are giving up 299 YPG through the air this season, with is 6th worst in the league. Coupled with the fact that they are struggling to generate pressure on the QB (the Redskins have generated just 21 sacks for the season, good for 27th league wide), Cam Cameron will surely be looking to exploit this by calling for a lot of deep routes and hoping that Joe can hit Torrey a few times on those long routes to capitalise on this. It will be up to Joe to change things up and not overthrow Torrey as he has done for most of the season.

3. Special Teams
The Ravens currently have the best Special Teams of all time (if you put any stock in Football Outsiders metrics) while the Redskins have been downright bad, particularly when a punter is on the field. Could we see another Punt Return TD by The Afterburner?

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like RG3. Don't trust him as a pocket passer. I think if we keep him in the pocket(not easy) and don't bite on that fake off the zone read we can shut him down, at least through the air.

I think we score a TD or two in the 1st quarter. Slow it down, have a string of 3 and outs. Score another TD late to take back the lead we surrendered.

Ravens 27, Redskins 24

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The read option honestly doesn't scare me much. It would scare me much less if Suggs wasn't hurt. But Upshaw has had such great success with those "college"/gimmick plays to this point that I think any read option run to his side will be shut down... now Kruger.. well, that's another story entirely. It pains me to think we might be seeing him out there on running downs again, you just have to hope his recent play will see him having the confidence to get constant penetration into the backfield and stop plays because his ability to contain the edge just isn't there.

With our offense, I think we see Flacco have his biggest away performance of the year. I think he and our receivers are in sync and they go out of their way to destroy the Redskins offense (prediction below). More importantly however, I think Cam Cameron does a better job of trusting in our running game more... meaning, running the football when we're in those 3rd and 3 (or less) situations more than he did last game. I still expect to see a similar carry% breakdown for Rice/Pierce.. and I don't think that should change.

For some reason, I think Ed Reed gets an interception in this one... like Flacco going off, I sort of have that feeling that Reed gets a pick as well.

I think RG3 has success passing the ball and running it, but running it from the pocket (not read option). Redskins should move the chains for plenty of yards. I doubt we stop Morris completely... but Terrence Cody has been simply dominant inside for the last couple games. Perhaps this is because of Suggs impact or not, but we'll see. Peas has also been doing a much better job of stopping the run inside lately- again, this could be because Suggs was so good at keeping the outside contain (along with Upshaw/McClellan), so again, we'll see. I love the Redskins right here. They're a nice test for us to see just how good we are with our earlier season flaws. They bring much of what I'm unsure about with this team to the forefront with their strengths.

Anyways, my prediction for the QBs:
RG3
23/32, 315 p-yds, 45 r-yds, 1 p-TD, 1 r-TD

Joe Flacco
28/41, 407 p-yds, 4 TDs

I also think we see a special teams touchdown in this one. Be it by Sam Koch, Justin Tucker, or the Afterburner.

Oh.. and with the game tied, RG3 drives the Skins' down the field for a field goal.. leaving only 1:34 left in the game. Ravens have are left with only 1 TO remaining. Flacco drives us 84 yds for the game winning TD.

Final score
Ravens: 41-37

Cool

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a fun game. It's nice that the redskins finally have reason to believe we can compete with the Ravens. I haven't felt that way since 05 and we played you guys at fed ex. You won but it was good competitive game.

I can't wait for this game! Cool

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens 27
Skins 24

I can see Reed trolling RG3 into at least 1 pick, maybe 2. I think Bonecrsher gets a sack, and a few nice ball-jarring hits on the WSH pass catchers. If we can keep their run game from gashing us, we should be able to take this but that's a pretty big "if" imo.

Should be a good game either way, and I could see it going either way. If we do win though, I hope it's ugly as hell so the haters can continue hate.

NFL GEN after an ugly Ravens win..

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Should be a fun game. It's nice that the redskins finally have reason to believe we can compete with the Ravens. It's been since 05 and we won a playoff game that year since that was the case.

I can't wait for this game! Cool

Yeah RG3 is the real deal!! (funny story, some media telecast was filming some reporter intern [posing as a fan] yelling that really loudly when I was out visiting the Monuments and stuff... was right in front of the White House. Well, it was funny to see IRL... the intern was all nervous and trying to back out- if it weren't for my Ravens fandom stepping in, I would've helped her out in cheer.)

But yeah, I'm looking forward to this game.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we win, I just know I'm going to have serious RG3 envy at the end of this.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else just crack up at Gameday Morning trying to figure out how we are 9-3? I love this team so much.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins gets some breathing room, as this is a blow to their defense.

Quote:
Per club source, Terrell Suggs is OUT today.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/277808017913806848

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
JROD82891

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Anyone else just crack up at Gameday Morning trying to figure out how we are 9-3? I love this team so much.

Yea its laughable. No mention of any perseverance through injuries on D. I wish Kurt Warner would've been fortunate enough to have Cam as his coordinator.

Btw no Suggs! Upshaw timeee!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yea its laughable. No mention of any perseverance through injuries on D. I wish Kurt Warner would've been fortunate enough to have Cam as his coordinator.

Not the exact thing at all, but for some reason your post reminds me of Orioles-Yankees in this past playoffs. Commentators are gushing over Girardi and how he'd been able to shuffle his lineup throughout the year. They then go on to mention how he was able to make due with guys like Steve Pearce in the lineup.

Meanwhile:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pearcst01.shtml

Games played with Orioles in 2012 - 28
Games played with Yankees in 2012 - 12

I guess my point is this: In sports journalism today, the rule seems to be when the facts conflict with the narrative, stick to the narrative

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I liked how Eisen said if Flacco is going to be criticized for anything it should be because Rice didn't get any touches in the 4th quarter last week. Laughing

JROD82891 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I doubt Upshaw plays much more than he has been recently since he's already getting quite a few snaps. McClellan/Kruger time is more like it .

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
#Ravens inactives: Terrell Suggs, Dannell Ellerbe, Ed Dickson, Jimmy Smith, Ramon Harewood, Bryan Hall, Deonte Thompson

Ellerbe is out again, ouch.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see you guys after the game Cool Not going to be posting in here today during the game so I'll post my thoughts afterwards!

Hopefully we win.
No Suggs = No pass rush.
No pass rush = RGIII having all damn day to throw against a defense known for blown coverages.
RGIII having all damn day to throw against a defense known for blowing coverages = I'm a saaaaaaaaad panda Crying or Very sad

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Upshaw

One of his biggest strengths this season has been his gap discipline and his ability to "stay home" on numerous reverses, end-arounds, roll outs or other plays where flow is reversed. Much has been made of RGIII and the skins being able to take advantage of JPP who is clearly a better player than UPshaw. That being said, JPP's biggest weakness is still that he is raw and his technique can be undisciplined, relying on his elite physical tools. HE is the exact type of player who can be exposed by the zone read or option pitch. Forcing him to crash the play early and get out of position shouldn't work nearly as well against upshaw from what I've seen this season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
RE: Upshaw

One of his biggest strengths this season has been his gap discipline and his ability to "stay home" on numerous reverses, end-arounds, roll outs or other plays where flow is reversed. Much has been made of RGIII and the skins being able to take advantage of JPP who is clearly a better player than UPshaw. That being said, JPP's biggest weakness is still that he is raw and his technique can be undisciplined, relying on his elite physical tools. HE is the exact type of player who can be exposed by the zone read or option pitch. Forcing him to crash the play early and get out of position shouldn't work nearly as well against upshaw from what I've seen this season.

I agree with this. Upshaw has been VERY good against trick plays and overall staying disciplined.

It isn't really the zone read I'm worried about, it's the pass rush and Pees' ability to now have to scheme ways to get sacks instead of relying on people winning 1v1's for 60 minutes.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: