Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent wishlist...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: 2013 Free Agent wishlist... Reply with quote

In the spirit of Christmas (and me being home on a Saturday sick with the flu) I decided to make a new thread on who you'd like Elway to go after this off-season? I'm hoping the front office realizes we are in a win now mode and stock up our team with more talent. Even if it means dishing out some sizeable (but fair) contracts. But I could also see us deciding we have enough talent and not go after anybody substantial. Which I feel would be a mistake.

Here are a couple guys I'd like to see in Broncos uniforms next year -

- Danny Amendola
- Alan Branch
- Jared Cook or Dustin Keller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch Keller. Cook could be interesting but he is essentially the same type of player we drafted Julius Thomas to be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone really see us spending on an impact FA?

We just gave Peyton 100M.

Joe Thomas is the highest paid LT at 6 years, 84M. Ryan Clady will want a similar deal this summer.

Von Miller is a top 3 defensive player in the NFL. He will demand a contract consiterably larget than Dwigh Freeney and Elivs Dumervil, the highest paid defensive players in the league. This will be after next season.

I will be flat our shocked if we throw a big deal to anyone this summer. We could possibly have 300M locked up between 3 players by the end of summer 2014.

IMO, we stick with signing vets to cheap deals and concentrate on building through he draft. I wish we had $$$ to throw at one of the many FA Safeties this offseason, but we dont.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Cribbs: An under-utilized slot WR who could spell Holliday/Leonhard

Delanie Walker: FB/HB/TE... can line up anywhere.

Glenn Dorsey: Past years have shown that he's not a good fit in a 3-4; I'd bet my apartment on JDR being able to use him properly in a 4-3.

Chris Ivory: Has fumbling issues but a young, hard-nosed north and south RB.

They should all be rather cheap, except for perhaps Walker as a more known, thus perhaps over-valued James Casey type player.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Jared Allen a FA? Why do I get the feeling that the man secretly wants to be a Denver Bronco?
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Josh Cribbs: An under-utilized slot WR who could spell Holliday/Leonhard

Delanie Walker: FB/HB/TE... can line up anywhere.

Glenn Dorsey: Past years have shown that he's not a good fit in a 3-4; I'd bet my apartment on JDR being able to use him properly in a 4-3.

Chris Ivory: Has fumbling issues but a young, hard-nosed north and south RB.

They should all be rather cheap, except for perhaps Walker as a more known, thus perhaps over-valued James Casey type player.

^^^^ THIS. Would love to see Cribbs, the guy has never played on a team with any talent I think he would be a boss here in Denver. Same with Dorsey and Ivory as well. If we could land them cheap we could basically fill our depth out with draft picks and be set.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:

We just gave Peyton 100M.

Joe Thomas is the highest paid LT at 6 years, 84M. Ryan Clady will want a similar deal this summer.

Von Miller is a top 3 defensive player in the NFL. He will demand a contract consiterably larget than Dwigh Freeney and Elivs Dumervil, the highest paid defensive players in the league. This will be after next season.

I will be flat our shocked if we throw a big deal to anyone this summer. We could possibly have 300M locked up between 3 players by the end of summer 2014.

IMO, we stick with signing vets to cheap deals and concentrate on building through he draft. I wish we had $$$ to throw at one of the many FA Safeties this offseason, but we dont.

that will most likely be the route taken and i wouldnt be upset. continue to build for the future through the draft while also bringing in vets that can mentor and contribute.
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our free agency will consist of resigning Clady, Tony Carter, and a few other in-house players. The Broncos will then fill in the roster with one year veteran signings after the draft. It is the proven methodology of Elway and Co.

That being said, an impactful safety would be awseome on this defense. Moore has played well and deserves a spot, but a big time player next to him would be nice.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about trading for a player who is clearly unhappy and a team that has lost 9 straight? It will cost draft picks, but would be an outstanding team player.
roar2014

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
What about trading for a player who is clearly unhappy and a team that has lost 9 straight? It will cost draft picks, but would be an outstanding team player.

Are you talking about Darnell Docket?
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

Who just so happens to be on the wrong side of 30.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Our free agency will consist of resigning Clady, Tony Carter, and a few other in-house players. The Broncos will then fill in the roster with one year veteran signings after the draft. It is the proven methodology of Elway and Co.

That being said, an impactful safety would be awseome on this defense. Moore has played well and deserves a spot, but a big time player next to him would be nice.

I figure either an impact SS or MLB would make the greatest impact on this defense. Jersey and germ were talking about a kid named Elam from Florida. From everything I can find he sounds like the guy you're talking about. Love to start him next to Moore.

May even be available when we draft. Seems like the only position that falls further than safeties are interior O Lineman.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:

No. And what you've said is spot-on!

Elway came in here with a model as to how he's going to run this team and he's going to stick to it. Said model is centered around building through the draft and adding a few low-to-middle-profile FAs here and there, re-signing our own key players to fair deals while not over-paying for our to-be free agents. It's a model that is based upon what is done in places like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Baltimore and New York (Giants) - I think those teams know what they're doing.

Elway will pay Clady, he will pay Von, but he won't over-pay for a Brodrick Bunkley-type. He's not going to give a big-dollar, long-term contract to a player on the downside of his career; he's not going to (over)pay for a name.

The FA moves we've made (sans Peyton because that's a situation in and of itself) have been "around the edges" type of signings - Stokley, Dreessen, Porter, Koppen, Leonard, Holliday, Adams, Hanie, Caldwell, Hester, etc. We will bring in players who are young, but experienced, and have the chance to carve out a niche on this team. If they don't work out, we're not over a financial barrel and, as long as we continue to draft well, we will have developmental depth to make up for whatever "mistakes" we make in veteran free agency.

Seriously, the job John Elway has done running this team gets over-looked; he has been nothing short of absolutely outstanding. How many of us arm-chair GMs have second-guessed him, if not outright doubted him? I know I've scraped a little egg off my face in the last two years.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
roar2014 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

Who just so happens to be on the wrong side of 30.

I thought about a trade for Fitz, too. Unfortunately, just a Madden fantasy. His contract would be too much to swallow.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two people i think we should keep an eye on are jon beason and kenny phillips i know they aint free agents but jon beason has had two season ending injurys and kuelchy is coming along nicely for them just a hunch that beason might be able to be had for a trade and kenny phillips is on the same boat both are risks but could contribute alot to this team!

Von Beason DJ/Wesley like the sound of that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: