Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Banner not sold on weeden and still a huge fan of vick
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
In all fairness, I can't blame Banner on not 'being sold Weeden can be a star QB". Who is? Seriously? Who's ready to say Weeden can be that guy?

I like Weeden as much as anyone, but we certainly haven't seen enough to make that statement.

As to the rest, we'll see.

At this point I think Banner's vagueness has led to reporters running wild with rumors.

At least I hope that's the case.

Its not the fact he is not sold on Weeden. It seems that Banner doesn't even want to give him a chance. Seriously 16 games is not nearly enough time to judge a QB. It is also the fact that they are saying he wants Michael Vick who hasn't proven anything as a passer his entire career.

That article said none of that.

It quotes a third party as saying he's 'lukewarm' on his prospects of becoming a star.

It also quotes the same third party to say the Browns may be interested in Vick. No biggie.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
"IF" Banner brings in Lombardi and then Brings in Vick as a QB.

This will be Lou Groza ave. Evil or Very Mad

I'm the third dude from the left....the one with the shotgun under his coat and wearing a T-Shirt that say "Banner" with a big circle round it and big red line through the circle....

(A shotgun can be used to remove someone from office, the same as a petition.....shotgun is just a lot less paperwork.....)

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please no vick. i just cant take all the corny dawg pound vick jokes
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im guessing Im the only one for this. Vick didnt do well at all this season but his line was a mess. If anything maybe competition to drive Weeden. I mean Weeden hasnt exactly been that good this year...

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
Im guessing Im the only one for this. Vick didnt do well at all this season but his line was a mess. If anything maybe competition to drive Weeden. I mean Weeden hasnt exactly been that good this year...

Yeah, I mean he almost the same production as that other rookie QB... What's his name again? You know, the one that hasn't exactly been that good either.... Luck is it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:

Yeah, I mean he almost the same production as that other rookie QB... What's his name again? You know, the one that hasn't exactly been that good either.... Luck is it?

Not even close. Luck has more thrown for much more yards and TDs, and all that considering he has been sacked 32 times (tied for 3rd) compared to only 24 times for Weeden. Plus Luck has been very consistent for a first year player. Also Colts have 9 wins, we have 5. Luck has won those games for the Colts, while Weeden has lost games for us.

A much better comparison would be to Tannehill.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:

Not even close. Luck has more thrown for much more yards and TDs, and all that considering he has been sacked 32 times (tied for 3rd) compared to only 24 times for Weeden. Plus Luck has been very consistent for a first year player. Also Colts have 9 wins, we have 5. Luck has won those games for the Colts, while Weeden has lost games for us.

This has been discussed so much it's getting nauseating.

Hate on weeden. It's cool. Some browns fan don't know how not to.... To each their own I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:

This has been discussed so much it's getting nauseating.

Hate on weeden. It's cool. Some browns fan don't know how not to.... To each their own I guess.

Sorry if you are believe I am "hating" on Weeden. There is no hate for him, just a fair comparison and observation of his production thus far this year.

bruceb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:

How many Ws does Luck's team have? How many of those Ws are because he's lead his team to Ws?

And how does Weeden's production compare to that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: