Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stephen Bowen done for the year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Stephen Bowen done for the year Reply with quote

Via Chris Russell @ ESPN980:

Stephen Bowen has more damage in his knee than what was expected and could need micro fracture surgery to replace his issue.

@1067thefandc: #BREAKING: #Redskins DE Stephen Bowen will undergo knee surgery and miss the remainder of the season. http://t.co/GGxN7IaXyP

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard that on Lavar and Dukes. Good. We need to find some youth for the line to come out and show why they made the team.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microfracture surgery would be horrible for a man that size!!! Very difficult to recover! Just ask Greg Oden!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Just heard that on Lavar and Dukes. Good. We need to find some youth for the line to come out and show why they made the team.
I just wonder about the contract. Maybe he'll take a pay cut like Carriker to stay...

I swear, these personnel decisions and contracts are looking more and more like Vinny Cerrato's every day...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
We don't have any youth to play on the Dline though, except Baker.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
I just wonder about the contract. Maybe he'll take a pay cut like Carriker to stay...

I swear, these personnel decisions and contracts are looking more and more like Vinny Cerrato's every day...

Because they're ending up injured? That's ridiculous.

Carricker and Bowen, when they were healthy, were beasts for us. Carricker went to hard and re-injured himself and Bowen just hurt himself now.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Are you finally admitting Bowen sucks?

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Are you finally admitting Bowen sucks?
No because when our front 7 is all healthy like it was in 2011 - he gave us 6 sacks and was solid vs the run.

He was good vs the run last year also. So he must not suck! He's got the talent to be a starter. He's got the work ethic also and has played up to starting abilities before. He had a down year just like a lot of our defensive players did not named Kerrigan, Cofield, Orakpo, Riley or Hall - but to just say he sucks just isn't true. He's proven he's a good player in the past and if he gets healthy and Jenkins steps up or a free agent we sign, then we'll have a good DL next year again.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
We don't have any youth to play on the Dline though, except Baker.

Sad.
True.
Embarassed
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ Jarvis Jenkins...

Chris Neild...

Dominique Hamilton... Should be brought up from the practice squad
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Carricker and Bowen, when they were healthy, were beasts for us. Carricker went to hard and re-injured himself and Bowen just hurt himself now.
It's unfortunate, but it what it is. When you use a lot of your cap space on players and they don't work out, you have bad seasons like we're having
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowen should be praised and pitied.. He tried to help this failing team and played after tearing BOTH PCL's .. He was a solid addition until his knees were destroyed.. He has a warrior mentality.. I feel sorry for him ..His career is probably done.
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

It's unfortunate, but it what it is. When you use a lot of your cap space on players and they don't work out, you have bad seasons like we're having

That's bad luck, not bad personnel decisions...
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

That's bad luck, not bad personnel decisions...
well IMO the poor personnel decisions started in 2010...

Tbh, I always thought they paid too much for Stephen Bowen, Josh Morgan and Chris Chester.

I was never sold on Cofield being a NT, but he's turned out to be better than I thought he'd be.

I thought when they signed him and Bowen, they had signed two DEs and they'd sign one more guy to be their NT.

I mean you can go back and look at what I said in August 2011, I thought we overpaid for all of the free agents we signed. I didn't think Morgan was a #2, if we could have saved a little on each of those signings, we probably could have signed a NT and a FS.

Of course as markrc99 points out we overpaid for Fletcher and Moss to keep them as well.

You just look at the contracts given out for the players over Shanahan's reign - and remember he was doing the shopping along with his coaches and two botched trades in 2010 and it looks like the Vinny Cerrato moves of last decade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: