Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Two Cents (LONG)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SeanTayorsaPIMP


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 3598
Location: Boston, Ma
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: My Two Cents (LONG) Reply with quote

So I spent a long time today digesting last nights pathetic showing and I felt the need to get it all out of my system. While every loss hurts in its own unique way, there are certain losses that sting just a tad bit more and a tad bit longer than the rest. Losses in recent history that come to mind are the 2010 MNF massacre against the Eagles, the 2009 loss to the Lions where we snapped their 19 game losing streak, and of course the laughable MNF loss to the 9ers last night.

Its amazing to think of how much has changed in team and fan moral since the last time we sat dinner for Thanksgiving Dinner. The same analysts who marveled over the talents of RG3 are now taking every chance they get to take free shots at a 22 year old face of a franchise. "Hold,em down boys. Its my turn slap this jerk around" seems to be the look on faces of some of the lesser talented "experts" such as Pete Prisco, Heath Evans, Mike Silver etc. The worst of this happened last night after the game where EVERYONE was breaking the news that RG3's father had visited his son in the locker room. BIG FREAKIN DEAL!! I think thats great that his father was there. In a lot of ways, RG3 is mature way beyond his years, but we finally see the true age of our "Savior". His father knows whats best for his son and he did what any of you fathers would do. How the hell is this news? Do you really think Archie Manning never came into the lockeroom after a tough loss to one of his sons. I don't have the answer to that but I would be willing to bet that he has. Ok enough about RG3 and the whole maturity thing. LeBron wasn't nearly the leader at age 22 that he is now. RG3 will grow into himself eventually, we just have to, got to, absolutely need to stick with him through the good times and the bad times let him have time to learn and grow. Now my thoughts about the team on the field.

Quarterback:

First off, RG3 is not 100%. We all can see that. He is still pretty good at escaping pressure considering the horrendous blocking this year. Last year, however, when he escaped the pocket he was making big plays after the escape. Not just running plays but incredible backyard passing plays where he would buy enough time for someone to get open and RG3 would riffle a perfect dart into the receiver's hands. This season while he still escapes the pressure a good amount of time, he doesn't seem to have the legs to make the play after the escape. Plays after escaping the pocket are what have made the careers of QB's like Tony Romo, McNabb, and Big Ben. RG3 needs to get that back.

I am in the camp that Kyle Shanahan has not given RG3 the best chance to succeed. The play calling this season has been very bizarre and way too inconsistent. It seems like Kyle is trying to outsmart himself and stay away from the traditional thoughts such as running on 1st down, not 2nd down. Running Helu on 3rd downs (yes i know he is a better pass blocker) and not early downs. Not taking shots down field on 2nd and short but on 2nd and long and 3rd and shorts. Just very elementary stuff and this has hurt the offense as a whole ever get into any kind of rhythm.

RG3 will be fine folks. This season has humbled him, but you cannot deny two things: 1) He has all the talent in the world, you cannot tell me that you didn't salivate a little bit when he threw up that long pass that Robinson slowed up on. The dude has a cannon and when he gets on the same page as his receivers (see last year, Thanksgiving) his talent shines brighter than QB we have seen in Washington in a longgg time.
2) He has the heart and desire that you need from the position. He is a workout warrior and you never need to worry about him missing a meeting, a curfew, a practice, anything. He might have a rough patch coming up to end the season but you think he's just going to go into this offseason with a ho-hum attitude. In my best Chris Tucker voice, helllllllll nooooo. RG3 will be in beast mode this whole offseason and I will guarantee that he will come back a much better player next season.

As for Kirk Cousins I don't have much to say. Dude will get destroyed if he plays behind our line this season. All you Cousin supporters there, be careful what you wish for. If he comes in at all this season, we are taking a big risk on plummeting his trade value. Not to mention the huge ripple effect it would have on RG3 and his moral.

Runningbacks:

Alfred Morris is a straight beast. Don't really know else to put it. He runs hard, he is a power back with the finesse of a scat back. He is patient and waits for his blocks to set up and normally protects the ball. He is humble, has great character traits and doesn't even take a dent in our salary-cap. Alfred Morris, will you marry me? Signed The Washington Redskins.

Roy Helu has play very well this season. He is easily the fastest running back we have had in a long time but whats impressive me most this year in the power and strength he has added to his game. This dude has been hitting the weights real hard and you can see it in his game. With the said, I would much rather see him a little more on the early downs and mix Alfred Morris back into some 3rd downs, especially if running on 3rd. Helu needs to be utilized much more on screen plays and short passes. He is probably our most dangerous player in open space, although Garcon definitely has an argument. I just wish they would change up how they use Helu because its pretty predictable when he's in that they are either passing or its a draw play.

WRs: Garcon is doing everything he can, haven't seen to many mistakes or drops from him this year. I'd like us to take more shots downfield with him but he comes to work everyday and plays hard.

Hank: Good outside receiver, took some steps forward but he should be someone you want as your #2 WR. Injury bug hit him again this year but I think we pretty know now what we have in Hank. His hands did get a lot stronger this season though so hopefully that continues when he gets back.

Moss: I love this guy to death so my heart won't let my brain type what I really think. Lets just say…he's missed some big crucial catches especially on 3rd down that we're accustomed to him making. This guy has done everything to help us cap wise and even drafted by the Jets, this dude is true Redskin and I expect him to be in the ring of honor when all is said and done.

Josh Morgan: Nice guy, average hands with below average speed. Nice player to have for special teams (not as returner but a gunner) but he is probably the least deserving of his contract than anyone else.

Aldrick Robinson: I just want this guy to get a chance in the return game. Come on Burnsy!

TE: Jordan Reed is a stud. While his blocking has looked excellent at times it still needs some work. He has all the tools to become a top 5 TE in the future if he is not already.

Logan Paulsen, needs to bring back the ponytail. His hands suck and his blocking sucks without it.

Fred Davis: There was a Fred Davis sighting in the 4th quarter last night! Apparently he slept through the first 3. Bah-zing.

OLine: Trent Williams: Strong start to the season but he been abused in recent weeks. I don't see many Portis-like chips from the RBs and thats another thing I blame Kyle on. Trent has looked exactly like his college scouting report. He is an incredible athlete but can be LAZY at times. When we are winning, he's a great force and plays with a hop in his step, but when we are losing he just seems to not give a what. He's been frustrating to watch this season but he definitely is as talented as you can get at the position.

Kory L: Been a little below average this year. Used to play with a nasty side, haven't seen that this year.

Will Monty: Needs to be replaced. He overachieved last season but this season he has come back to reality, just not a very good player.

Chris Chester: Old and terrible.

Tyler Polumbus: We knew he sucked. We knew he sucked and we didn't do one thing about it. As of now, an upgrade at the RT is the #1 need of this franchise. If the right guy is there do it, use your 1st pick (2nd rd) on the best tackle you can find. I don't want a patch up job here like Eric Winston or whoever. Tyler Polumbus is the patch up job, now its time to find the permanent suitor at the right side.

Defense…..And you thought the offense had issues:

DE: Stephen Bowen and Jarvis Jenkins. Both do nothing to force pressure on the opposing teams offensive line. Jenkins should not be a starting Dlinemen. He is great depth and a guy you would love to come in fresh to give your starters a break, but he cannot survive a whole NFL game without being bullied. Bowen is old and slow and while I think he plays with a lot of heart, he is on a steep decline.

DT: Coefield. He's our only good Dlineman and face it, he aint no spring chicken. He probably has two more good seasons left at the level he's playing, at some point we need to bring in his replacement. While i don't know who's available, I would like to address the DT position via FA given the high bust rate of rookie DTs in this league. DE, however, is bigger priority than DT and i don't expect us to focus on the position until offseason of 2015.

LBs: Orakpo: Playing much better in recent weeks and picked up his sack total these past couple games. The problem with Orakpo is already known. He only has run pass rush move (the Bull) and he is not very good in coverage. I have seen him try and mix up new moves but rarely with much success. I do think Orakpo is a locker room leader and a helluva force and headache for offensive coordinators. I have resigning him as a top priority as well. Something in the range of 5 years 35million I think would be a great deal for both parties. I would love to see Orakpo back with his hand in the dirt so hopefully the next DC goes 4-3. If we stay 3-4 we,re in trouble because we do not have the skill coverage wise in ANY of our LBers.

Kerrigan: has completely disappeared. I never thought of him as a lazy player but I'm starting to see some Trent Williams in him where he kinda just relies on his raw talent and get out of the game mentally. I also think that Haslett has put Kerrigan in some crappy positions. He lines him up against player who destroy him in coverage. The weird blitzes that Haslett draws up leaves Kerrigan over matched and its hard to blame Ryan on that. Kerrigan needs to start doing what he does best and getting to the line and batting down passes. When he gets zoned into batting down those passes, good things happen.

Perry Riley: Is an average ILB with good physical tools. I just don't see the instintiveness (made up that word) that an ILB needs to have. Watching the 49ers ILBs should really give you an idea of what you need to see at the position. Bowman and Willis are not only physical at the line of scrimmage, you rarely see them fill the wrong gap. London Fletcher had this special ability and thats what masked his physical limitations for over a decade at the position. Perry Riley hits hard and he runs fast but there are some tools you can't teach and if he doesn't have them now I don't think he ever will.

London Fletcher: This is hard from me to write about much like it was for Santana Moss. But Fletcher's season is actually much worse than Santana's. The decline of London Fletcher is one of biggest reasons our season is down the drain. He is having his worst season as a pro and this should not come as a surprise. The greys on his beard tell the story. London Fletcher is an old man and when the ageless wonder finally starts to age, you realize what you've lost. While we need to thank London for his time as a Redskins (also belongs in the Ring of Honor), him being in the game at certain moments have been a huge liability for the team. Its tough to bench a borderline hall of famer, especially when he is still giving nothing but his heart and soul to the team. But that is where the conundrum lies. If your Haslett and you pretty much know you're going to be fired, why would you disrespect someone as iconic as Fletcher. I know if I was in his shoes, I'd have trouble calling Fletcher into my office. But this is exactly why I am not a coach. You can't take it personal.

Secondary:

There are 3 people who have earned the right to keep their jobs:

Reed Doughty, DeAngelo Hall, and David Amerson.

Reed Doughty is the ideal teammate. He plays anything position you ask him to and he almost never makes mistakes. He takes the right angles and he holds the right assignments. He has stayed in the league this long based on studying and pure heart. His physical limitations should have had him out of the league years ago but he has stayed on this team with good reason. He is arguably playing the best safety of any of our players.

DHall: Going back to the second half of last season, Hall is playing the best cornerback of his career. He is shutting down #1 corners consistently and has been getting horrid help from his safeties. He plays a lot more physical than people give him credit it for and for the most part, he's kept him mouth shut. Its too bad the rest of the D is playing so poorly because Dhall is doing his job.

Amerson is oozing with talent. Some of the plays he's made have been jaw-dropping, but like most rookie DBs he's had his bumps along the way. Still he has been playing with very little help from his safeties and you see that he is still thinking too much on the field and not just playing the game. Amerson could turn into the next DRC, he needs to get more snaps over Wilson in the future.

Players I want gone from the Secondary:

Brandon Meriweather, Josh Wilson, and EJ Biggers

I'm done with Brandon Meriweather. Not a terrible player, but not good enough to be worth all the other crap he brings to the table.

Josh Wilson: McNabb called Wilson a "limo player". Thats a player opposing QBs send a limo to their house on game day to make sure they show up. He probably had his worst outing of his career last night but even before that he wasn't playing well and he's over paid.

Biggers is just terrible and he's taking a roster spot away from some of our promising young CBs.


OK, thats my rant. I hope its not too incoherent, I just started typing and I think my brain shut down. Sorry thats its so long, I don't expect anyone to really read the whole thing but thats just my 2 cents and I had to get it out there. HAIL REDSKINS! Through the good times and the bad!
_________________



mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64179
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, except for Jarvis Jenkins has played pretty well the past three games. 1.5 sacks. Good pressure on the Qb, he's been a stud vs the run. Since he was back as a starter, our Run D has improved.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PSID412


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1396
Location: Bristol England
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Agreed, except for Jarvis Jenkins has played pretty well the past three games. 1.5 sacks. Good pressure on the Qb, he's been a stud vs the run. Since he was back as a starter, our Run D has improved.


+1 from me
_________________

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
SeanTayorsaPIMP


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 3598
Location: Boston, Ma
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I might have been a little harsh on Jarvis Jenkins, but its easy to do once you start writing about the Redskins D. I should have mentioned that Jenkins is pretty strong in the run game, but as for the pass rush I rarely see it. I know its hard for any 3-4 DE to develop a strong pass rush, but it just seems like opposing QBs have all the time in the world against our pass rush. I dunno, I'm definitely on board with changing back to the 4-3 D. I know it doesn't usually force as many TOs but its much safer and consistent than anything we've had in the Haslett Era.
_________________



mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7663
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
I guess I might have been a little harsh on Jarvis Jenkins, but its easy to do once you start writing about the Redskins D. I should have mentioned that Jenkins is pretty strong in the run game, but as for the pass rush I rarely see it. I know its hard for any 3-4 DE to develop a strong pass rush, but it just seems like opposing QBs have all the time in the world against our pass rush. I dunno, I'm definitely on board with changing back to the 4-3 D. I know it doesn't usually force as many TOs but its much safer and consistent than anything we've had in the Haslett Era.
No you weren't. Jenkins isn't a starting caliber player in this league. I actually agree with all of your assessments on every player. Great write up.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 13 tackles, 1 FF
Jordan Reed - 9 catches, 96 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64179
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
I guess I might have been a little harsh on Jarvis Jenkins, but its easy to do once you start writing about the Redskins D. I should have mentioned that Jenkins is pretty strong in the run game, but as for the pass rush I rarely see it. I know its hard for any 3-4 DE to develop a strong pass rush, but it just seems like opposing QBs have all the time in the world against our pass rush. I dunno, I'm definitely on board with changing back to the 4-3 D. I know it doesn't usually force as many TOs but its much safer and consistent than anything we've had in the Haslett Era.
No you weren't. Jenkins isn't a starting caliber player in this league. I actually agree with all of your assessments on every player. Great write up.
How do we know yet?

The same arguments I had with Hank pertain to Jenkins as well.

2011 - missed the entire season with the ACL

2012- was recovering from injury until The end of the year and he played well the last month

2013- suspended the first four games and is just now getting into game shape and the last three games he's been playing great and one of the few DL who's hustling and making plays along with Cofield and Chris Baker

There's no way we can tell if he can't be a starter yet. Not a large enough sample size.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7663
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
I guess I might have been a little harsh on Jarvis Jenkins, but its easy to do once you start writing about the Redskins D. I should have mentioned that Jenkins is pretty strong in the run game, but as for the pass rush I rarely see it. I know its hard for any 3-4 DE to develop a strong pass rush, but it just seems like opposing QBs have all the time in the world against our pass rush. I dunno, I'm definitely on board with changing back to the 4-3 D. I know it doesn't usually force as many TOs but its much safer and consistent than anything we've had in the Haslett Era.
No you weren't. Jenkins isn't a starting caliber player in this league. I actually agree with all of your assessments on every player. Great write up.
How do we know yet?

The same arguments I had with Hank pertain to Jenkins as well.

2011 - missed the entire season with the ACL

2012- was recovering from injury until The end of the year and he played well the last month

2013- suspended the first four games and is just now getting into game shape and the last three games he's been playing great and one of the few DL who's hustling and making plays along with Cofield and Chris Baker

There's no way we can tell if he can't be a starter yet. Not a large enough sample size.
He'll be entering his fourth season next year. It's pretty safe to say if he hasn't shown up yet he's never going to be more than a backup. Which sucks for a former 2nd round pick but it is what it is. We should keep him around as a backup and pay him as such but move on from him being a starter.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 13 tackles, 1 FF
Jordan Reed - 9 catches, 96 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64179
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ considering he didn't play a snap his rookie year, I'm not holding that injury against him and acting like he played and showed nothing his rookie year. He didn't play because of a torn ACL.

2012 again, he was recovering from the knee injury. It takes a year to get recovered from it and get your explosion back. I said this all last year when people were asking what the hell was wrong with him, just like I've said it about rg3 this year.

2013 he was suspended for the first month man. He's really played well if you've even playing attention the past 3/4 games.

I think we need to bring in a player for sure and draft someone, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkins starting next year, breaking out and having a 5 sack or better season next year and he's a good run defender. Our run D has been much better since he was inserted into the starting line up again.

Next year will be his 3rd year playing in games. The year most 2nd round picks or later finally get developed and start making big impacts.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 1250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with your assessments. Only disagreements on Jenkins who is pretty good and improving and Cousins. Cousins probably thankful Shanahan not putting him behind the worst pocket pass blocking line excluding Williams in the league
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chief_Zee


Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 5625
Location: MoCo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with just about everything you have written. Like others, I feel Jenkins is showing a couple signs of improvement. But to me he is still just about average at DE.

Like most I feel we should acquire a new defensive lineman this off-season. I don't care if we try to get a new 3-4 NT and move Coefield to DE (the most difficult option), or if we just try to replace Bowen outright at DE. I also wouldn't mind it if we moved back to a 4-3 defense and went after a DT. Either way, something has to be done.
_________________

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7908
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually disagree with the assessment of Josh Morgan. Josh Morgan is your typical possession WR. He doesnt have blazing speed, but he can get those tough yards when needed.

I think that Hankerson was starting to show a lot of promise which is why he was taking over that spot. I would honestly keep Morgan around and bring in a true slot guy.

Morgan should never have been in on special teams and I think that was stupid mistake on Shanny and the idiot ST's coach. I don't even see him as a good gunner. Niles Paul does that well.
_________________

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64179
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how AJ Smith plays into this teams future?

If Shanahan does happen to be gone, how many people think that AJ Smith will just take over Mike Shanahan's front office position of his job as an executive that makes player personnel decisions and they'll find a new head coach.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64179
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I actually disagree with the assessment of Josh Morgan. Josh Morgan is your typical possession WR. He doesnt have blazing speed, but he can get those tough yards when needed.

I think that Hankerson was starting to show a lot of promise which is why he was taking over that spot. I would honestly keep Morgan around and bring in a true slot guy.

Morgan should never have been in on special teams and I think that was stupid mistake on Shanny and the idiot ST's coach. I don't even see him as a good gunner. Niles Paul does that well.
I agree about what Josh Morgan is and think he's a good football player and a lot of people never understood his role or what he did for his team. That being said, I'm not sure how you keep him on the team.

The WR position needs to be upgraded, and the obvious positions to upgrade are the two players who's contracts are up:

Josh Morgan
Santana Moss

Again, I like Morgan, best hands on the team, good route runner, possession WR, great blocker, good special teams player (except for return man) but this team needs an upgrade.

With Hank's injury, they have to find a WR who can be he #2 now and I just think they can do better than Morgan - specifically as a WR who's fast enough to stretch the field some.

Next year the wr core has gotta look like:

Garçon
FA upgrade
Hankerson
Robinson
Rookie mid round pick
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7908
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
I actually disagree with the assessment of Josh Morgan. Josh Morgan is your typical possession WR. He doesnt have blazing speed, but he can get those tough yards when needed.

I think that Hankerson was starting to show a lot of promise which is why he was taking over that spot. I would honestly keep Morgan around and bring in a true slot guy.

Morgan should never have been in on special teams and I think that was stupid mistake on Shanny and the idiot ST's coach. I don't even see him as a good gunner. Niles Paul does that well.
I agree about what Josh Morgan is and think he's a good football player and a lot of people never understood his role or what he did for his team. That being said, I'm not sure how you keep him on the team.

The WR position needs to be upgraded, and the obvious positions to upgrade are the two players who's contracts are up:

Josh Morgan
Santana Moss

Again, I like Morgan, best hands on the team, good route runner, possession WR, great blocker, good special teams player (except for return man) but this team needs an upgrade.

With Hank's injury, they have to find a WR who can be he #2 now and I just think they can do better than Morgan - specifically as a WR who's fast enough to stretch the field some.

Next year the wr core has gotta look like:

Garçon
FA upgrade
Hankerson
Robinson
Rookie mid round pick


If you're looking for a free agency WR then we have to look at Jeremy Maclin. We also do not have the luxury of a rookie mid round pick at WR when we have so much to build on the defense. They can grab a guy in the late rounds, but don't expect a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th on a WR.
_________________

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64179
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief_Zee wrote:
I agree with just about everything you have written. Like others, I feel Jenkins is showing a couple signs of improvement. But to me he is still just about average at DE.

Like most I feel we should acquire a new defensive lineman this off-season. I don't care if we try to get a new 3-4 NT and move Coefield to DE (the most difficult option), or if we just try to replace Bowen outright at DE. I also wouldn't mind it if we moved back to a 4-3 defense and went after a DT. Either way, something has to be done.
If we move to the 4-3 we won't need a new DT.

Cofield is one of your DT's then, Jenkins is playing a along side him. LDE is Kerrigan, RDE is Orakpo
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group