Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Only RG3 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports are torn LCL rehab takes longer than acl rehab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Reports are torn LCL rehab takes longer than acl rehab

ARGGG!!!

Tracker: 10 receptions, 77 yards, 0 TD
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing my orthopedic surgeon Monday morning for my post op visit I'm going to ask him what he thinks about rg3s injury.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
@realfreemancbs: Team official says torn LCL for RG3. This was first reported by ESPN. Source close to RG3 says doctors expect "same RG3 next season."

Sounds like he is having surgery to the LCL, and they are going to examine the ACL during surgery. Hopefully it is just scar tissue built up from his old ACL injury. We might luck out on this one, and have a healthy RG3 next year!!!

recovering from a torn lcl can take just as long if not longer than recovering from a torn acl.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCL with surgery could be a 4-6 month recovery, if it was the ACL it would be 9-12 months.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
canucks9314

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it confirmed that it's only the lcl? on nfl network they were saying is that they will inspect the acl during the lcl surgery.

This really sucks. I'm a seahawks fan but the skins were my second favorite team this year left in the post-season. I <3 RG3. I hope he bounces bAck like AP did.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
LCL with surgery could be a 4-6 month recovery, if it was the ACL it would be 9-12 months.
how bout If you combine the two? I'm thinking they pup him. He should be good to go 10 months from now IMO. I also think he needs to get smart and wear that thick brace for a while that Mark Sanchez wears. It's time for the redskjns and rg3 to start thinking whether he wants a 7 year carter like a Rb or a 15-17 year career like Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, tom brady and other pocket passers

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins email report excerpt: Gannon on RG3 recovery

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins-email-report-excerpt-gannon-on-rg3-recovery/article/2518246#.UO-kEMUz_1U

Quote:
Rich Gannon understands being a mobile quarterback who needs to adjust after ACL reconstructive surgery. The CBS analyst and ex-Redskin went through the same thing in the early in his NFL career. So he understands what Robert Griffin III faces in his recovery from knee surgery — ACL reconstruction; LCL and medial meniscus repair.

“He’s smart enough to know that the speed of the game is different,” Gannon said for my email report. “The type of athlete you’re playing against – ends and linebackers can really run and bring you down in awkward body positions. He has to protect himself outside the pocket and in the boundary and in the red zone and trying to dive for a touchdown or first down. You learn that there are things you can do differently. That’s something, yeah, he’ll have to change but at the same time they don’t have to scrap the offense. They can do a lot of the same things they did. He can still be an explosive player.”

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle - can you do me a favor? Can you stop changing the first post and just add edits to the bottom or to the last page?

I keep coming to this thinking its a new thread with pagrs of new discussion and all it is is one update on the same thread started back from after the Ravens game.

Your thread though so up to you. Is just annoying.

EDIT: a better place to add this new news is in this thread which is talking about the full knee re-construction and was not started to talk about his injury vs. the Ravens.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510176&start=30

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Turtle - can you do me a favor? Can you stop changing the first post and just add edits to the bottom or to the last page?

I keep coming to this thinking its a new thread with pagrs of new discussion and all it is is one update on the same thread started back from after the Ravens game.

Your thread though so up to you. Is just annoying.

EDIT: a better place to add this new news is in this thread which is talking about the full knee re-construction and was not started to talk about his injury vs. the Ravens.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510176&start=30
I did it because all you guys do is complain when a new thread is created. Geeze. Can't do ish right in this forum Twisted Evil

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/01/10/nflpa-nears-decision-on-demanding-investigation-of-robert-griffin-iiis-injury/

Nflpa nears a decision on demanding an investigation of Robert griffin III's injury

The NFLP is expected to decide soon whether to seek a formal investigation of the Redskins’ handling of the knee injury to RGIII under the CBA.

Quote:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the union’s focus is whether the Redskins followed the recommendations of their medical staff about when to play Griffin. The union’s probe does not focus on coaching decisions made by Mike Shanahan, other than the issue of whether he followed the recommendations of doctors, the person said.

According to that person, the union has sought information going back to the Dec. 9 game against the Baltimore Ravens, when Griffin originally suffered his LCL sprain on a hit by Haloti Ngata.

Shanahan has said he followed the recommendations of doctors. James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who operated on Griffin and is on the sideline for Redskins’ games, told USA Today last weekend that he did not clear Griffin to return temporarily to the Ravens game, in contrast to Shanahan’s version of events. But Andrews later told The Washington Post that there was “a communication problem” between him and Shanahan.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://httr24-7.com/blog/rgiii-2012-highlights/

Rg3 highlight video of this year
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that there is "much greater concern" about Robert Griffin III's reconstructed right knee than Griffin or "anyone connected to the Redskins" has let on.
Griffin will end up rehabbing both knees because surgeons were forced to use a patellar tendon graft from his left knee in order to fix his right. He tore the ACL, LCL, and partially tore his meniscus in the right knee. Per PFT's source, the "biggest concern" is with Griffin's knee cartilage. Due to two knee constructions and ultimately three surgeries since 2009 at Baylor, there is concern "about how much (cartilage) remains and how long it will last" in Griffin's knee(s). A potential end result could be a bone-on-bone condition, which can lead to microfracture surgery and/or shorten a football player's career.

Well.... he had a good career.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that there is "much greater concern" about Robert Griffin III's reconstructed right knee than Griffin or "anyone connected to the Redskins" has let on.
Griffin will end up rehabbing both knees because surgeons were forced to use a patellar tendon graft from his left knee in order to fix his right. He tore the ACL, LCL, and partially tore his meniscus in the right knee. Per PFT's source, the "biggest concern" is with Griffin's knee cartilage. Due to two knee constructions and ultimately three surgeries since 2009 at Baylor, there is concern "about how much (cartilage) remains and how long it will last" in Griffin's knee(s). A potential end result could be a bone-on-bone condition, which can lead to microfracture surgery and/or shorten a football player's career.

Well.... he had a good career.
Rolling Eyes lololololololololol come on dude! Child please. He does have a serious knee injury, I already pointed out that they didn't speak of the torn meniscus. There are a lot of questions as to if he will play this year but if anyone can do it, it's him.

His career isn't over, he might have to alter how he plays his game but he's going to be playing in the NFL for a long time.

Need to Know: No RG3 knee investigation - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins
http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/01/need-to-know-no-rg3-knee-investigation.html

http://news.fredericksburg.com/redskinsjournal/2013/01/12/like-robert-griffin-iii-chase-minnifield-recovering-from-second-acl-operation/?mobile=true

Chase Minifield has the same procedure that rg3 had done 7 months ago by Dr Andrews where they took a "PIECE" of the other patella tendon and used it to fix the other Acl and he is feeling great 7 months later. Minifield also was had an acl tear on that same knee before he even went to UVA.

Quote:
Minnifield is seven months removed from his second surgery, both of which, like Griffin’s, were performed by James Andrews. He originally tore the ACL in his right knee in 2007, after his senior season in high school, then tore it again in late June in the final days of the Redskins’ organized team activities.

Andrews, the team’s orthopedist, found no damage to other ligaments and determined the injury was isolated solely within Minnifield’s ACL. He fixed the tear by taking a piece of the patellar tendon from his healthy left knee and grafting it into his right, which was the same procedure performed on Griffin.

Taking a piece of the patellar tendon is now considered the standard for repairing the ACL of high-level athletes, but it’s typically done from the same knee. Because Minnifield and Griffin each required a second surgery, Andrews took a piece of the tendon from the left knee.

It seems both guys should be on a good track to play at some point in 2013. Cool
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 seems like a nice kid, but was unfortunate enough to fall into the hands of Snyder and Shanahan. On one hand, I feel bad for him because this is his livelihood. On the other hand, the Redskins set their franchise back quite a bit with this move and as a Giants fan that makes me happy. Instead of being perennial NFCE contenders, the Redskins could be looking at many more years of finishing 3rd or 4rth. I hope one playoff game was worth it, Danny boy.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: