Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Only RG3 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
They're now reporting partial tear of ACL and LCL.

Robert Griffin III has partial tears of ACL and LCL, MRI suggests

The MRI exam of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin IIIís right knee suggests that he suffered partial tears of his anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments, according to several people with knowledge of the test results.

Read more at:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/01/07/robert-griffin-iii-has-partial-tears-of-acl-and-lcl-mri-suggests/

Yep. The truth is we won't really find out till tomorrow or we'd for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd believe that a little more, I can't imagine how badly you'd have to mess a knee up to tear 2 ligaments WITH a bulky brace on it
big44dog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is unfortunate news and means RGIII's timeline for playing in 2013 is in jeopardy and could start the season on the PUP list. Of course, the team will give more information on Tuesday.

SB Nation's medical expert Dr. Ali Mohamadi, who ironically is a DC resident and life-long Redskins fan, provides insight on what to expect from here. His bio is impressive in case one has any doubts: Undergraduate degree at Yale, medical degree at George Washington University School of Medicine, residency and chief residency at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, followed by his subspecialty fellowship in Endocrinology at Johns Hopkins.

Dr. Ali: Recovery from combined ACL and LCL tears is a grueling and time-consuming process, and when you're dealing with a patient like Griffin with a prior history of an ACL reconstruction on the same knee, even moreso. The progression to physical activity is very slow to ensure that the grafts are sufficiently strong to endure motion and weightbearing. Typically, patients remain in a brace for at least 6 weeks, during which time they are advised not to fully bear weight on the affected leg and aren't allowed to fully bend the leg. Strength training and range of motion exercises progress slowly to a point where the patient has built up enough mobility and regained muscle to begin running, usually at 6 months after surgery. For most athletes, notwithstanding Adrian Peterson's amazing full recovery from ACL and MCL tears in about 9 months, many experts will tell you that it can take a full year for an athlete to feel like he or she is back to 100 percent function.

The added factor for Griffin is that he has a prior history of ACL reconstruction. For an athlete with no prior history of an ACL tear, the recovery is a daunting process to begin with and usually takes longer than for other knee ligaments. Studies show that while the risk of re-injury is about 5% among patients who have had ACL reconstruction, the risk for failure doubles after a second ACL repair, and this study didn't just look at athletes who endure the wear and tear that football players do. It doesn't mean Griffin shouldn't be able to play -- and play well -- after a second ACL reconstruction, but it does add a level of concern over the possibility that it could happen yet again.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
They're now reporting partial tear of ACL and LCL.

Robert Griffin III has partial tears of ACL and LCL, MRI suggests

The MRI exam of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin IIIís right knee suggests that he suffered partial tears of his anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments, according to several people with knowledge of the test results.

Read more at:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/01/07/robert-griffin-iii-has-partial-tears-of-acl-and-lcl-mri-suggests/

Yep. The truth is we won't really find out till tomorrow or we'd for sure.

Is it bad for me to say I'm glad the season is over? RG3 will have time to heal and hopefully adapt into the pocket passer role kinda like Steve Young. I think that he will be limited in training camp and preseason so he can be truly be full strength at the season opener.

Tracker: 10 receptions, 77 yards, 0 TD
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
I think I'd believe that a little more, I can't imagine how badly you'd have to mess a knee up to tear 2 ligaments WITH a bulky brace on it
it'd probably have to look the way it did when he feel. He knee didn't seem stable, especially after he tweaked it in he first quarter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bearsfan9310

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish RG3 a fast and speedy recovery. I find it funny how people gave Cutler crap for his knee injury in the NFC championship game. Either way, I think it was a bad move to keep RG3 in, especially with how bad his knee has been since the first injury.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
This is unfortunate news and means RGIII's timeline for playing in 2013 is in jeopardy and could start the season on the PUP list. Of course, the team will give more information on Tuesday.

SB Nation's medical expert Dr. Ali Mohamadi, who ironically is a DC resident and life-long Redskins fan, provides insight on what to expect from here. His bio is impressive in case one has any doubts: Undergraduate degree at Yale, medical degree at George Washington University School of Medicine, residency and chief residency at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, followed by his subspecialty fellowship in Endocrinology at Johns Hopkins.

Dr. Ali: Recovery from combined ACL and LCL tears is a grueling and time-consuming process, and when you're dealing with a patient like Griffin with a prior history of an ACL reconstruction on the same knee, even moreso. The progression to physical activity is very slow to ensure that the grafts are sufficiently strong to endure motion and weightbearing. Typically, patients remain in a brace for at least 6 weeks, during which time they are advised not to fully bear weight on the affected leg and aren't allowed to fully bend the leg. Strength training and range of motion exercises progress slowly to a point where the patient has built up enough mobility and regained muscle to begin running, usually at 6 months after surgery. For most athletes, notwithstanding Adrian Peterson's amazing full recovery from ACL and MCL tears in about 9 months, many experts will tell you that it can take a full year for an athlete to feel like he or she is back to 100 percent function.

The added factor for Griffin is that he has a prior history of ACL reconstruction. For an athlete with no prior history of an ACL tear, the recovery is a daunting process to begin with and usually takes longer than for other knee ligaments. Studies show that while the risk of re-injury is about 5% among patients who have had ACL reconstruction, the risk for failure doubles after a second ACL repair, and this study didn't just look at athletes who endure the wear and tear that football players do. It doesn't mean Griffin shouldn't be able to play -- and play well -- after a second ACL reconstruction, but it does add a level of concern over the possibility that it could happen yet again.
Shocked I'd say by reading that and other things I've read that I don't think he will be lacing them up next year. Of course if Mike Shanahan has anything to say about it, he'll be starting the first preseason game! Laughing Wink jk
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where's this 14 to 18 months come from? I don't see in any reports that saids that RG3 will be out for that long period of time.
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
So where's this 14 to 18 months come from? I don't see in any reports that saids that RG3 will be out for that long period of time.

That's pretty standard for a re-tearing of the ACL and tearing of the PCL.

Honestly, the first two months, he will have his leg in a cast and not be able to do anything with it.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly am worried he won't lace the cleats up next year.

Seriously, this was our worst nightmare "if true". We all talked about it, "was it worth playing Rg3 on a non stable knee to get to the playoffs this year?"

Well, was it worth it?

Silver lining, this is Kirk Cousin's perfect opportunity to lead this team next year if RG3 can't go.

Also, it looks like Rex will be back for one more round! Laughing

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These MRI results can't come soon enough. Really hoping that he just partially tore the ACL/LCL, and won't need surgery. RG3 is one of those rare talents that you hate to see have athletic gifts taken away (Bo Jackson). I would hate to see his career when finished turn into being looked back as "what could have been?"
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
These MRI results can't come soon enough. Really hoping that he just partially tore the ACL/LCL, and won't need surgery. RG3 is one of those rare talents that you hate to see have athletic gifts taken away (Bo Jackson). I would hate to see his career when finished turn into being looked back as "what could have been?"

Sam Bowie-NBA 1984
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

Sam Bowie-NBA 1984
marcus Dupree, Greg oden, Yao Ming and of course George Mureshean and Boobie Miles from Friday night lights Laughing

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/08/rgiii-knee-injury-good-news-appearing-unlikely/

We are unlikely to have good news on RG3's knee
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/08/rgiii-knee-injury-good-news-appearing-unlikely/

We are unlikely to have good news on RG3's knee

That was the world's most useless article.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: