Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Only RG3 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DanGrazianoESPN: NFC East Top 20: No. 4 Robert Griffin III http://t.co/izMLWJ89W8

Dan Graziano has RG3 as the #4 player in the NFCE. It seems fair to me but I'm hearing that Ware,Eli and Dez will be higher and that doesn't make much sense to me given what RG3 did for this team last year taking us from 5-11 to division champs

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree on Ware and even Eli, but I would much rather have RG3 than Dez.

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
I will agree on Ware and even Eli, but I would much rather have RG3 than Dez.
If we're just basing it off last season- which it should be-RG3 should be #2 behind Ware and above Eli IMO. Eli didn't show up as much last year as he did in 2011. Rg3 played better than Eli last season, but clearly Ware is the best player in the division- possibly the best player in the entire NFC

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fansided.com/2013/10/18/robert-griffin-iii-struggling-read-coverages/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Rg3 struggling to read coverages in his second year and that's his main problem says one NFC Personnel director:

Quote:
From NFL.com:

One NFC personnel director observed that Griffin indeed was inconsistent setting up and teams are testing him in different ways: “He’s not very good throwing outside the numbers or reading coverages.” That helps explain why 2013 is such a massive challenge for Griffin. There’s the rehab, then the natural growth he needs as a quarterback with the NFL having a year of film on him.

Redskins should be concerned about the lack of progression in him as a pocket passer from last year to this year.

Geronimo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Redskins should be concerned about the lack of progression in him as a pocket passer from last year to this year.

Too many things to take care of: rehabbing the knee, coming back to football shape, which is much more than good shape. Honestly, I did not expect much progression this year. But next year he has to.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Too many things to take care of: rehabbing the knee, coming back to football shape, which is much more than good shape. Honestly, I did not expect much progression this year. But next year he has to.

AND getting married .. Changes a lot of --stuff.
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that article would have more creedence if it cited a couple of plays. It quoted some. Anonymous source but he doesn't point to any plays to prove why he thinks Griffins progressions aren't accrue.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
I think that article would have more creedence if it cited a couple of plays. It quoted some. Anonymous source but he doesn't point to any plays to prove why he thinks Griffins progressions aren't accrue.
Every play that is designed to go to Garçon, it's clear he doesn't read the defense because defenses roll most of their coverage towards garçon, leaving Hank, moss and the TE (Reed or Paulsen) with single coverage, but Robert still forces it to garçon and doesn't come to his second and third reads.

It's also clear he doesn't have much room to audible because yin only see him calling plays at the line of using hand signals during the hurry up offense. To me, they need to take the training wheels off, go primarily no huddle, allow him to do hand signals to the receivers and they can tell him run or pass or what they'd like him to run, but he has the ability to change it. It's clear, the Shanhan's don't trust him to make the right calls, they are micromanaging him, and they don't allow him to get the team in the right offensive plays.

You'll never hear them admit that though.

I agree with Geronimo, although you can learn to read defenses through a lot of film study and working with Kyle and Lefleur every day on reading defenses and film work.

HankyPanky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Casserly has been saying the same thing about Bob since last year. I really want to get NFL Rewind to watch the coach film on the offense.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HankyPanky wrote:
Charlie Casserly has been saying the same thing about Bob since last year. I really want to get NFL Rewind to watch the coach film on the offense.
Thats true, I guess I thought this year would be different and he would have studied and learned how to read a defense. I guess I was wrong. Sad

By the way... New to the board?

Welcome and don't forget to go to the "getting to know you" topic and tell us about yourself, why and how you became a redskins fan.

HankyPanky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've been lurking for about a month, but tonight was the first time I took a look into the Redskins forum. There is some great discussion going on.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HankyPanky wrote:
Thanks! I've been lurking for about a month, but tonight was the first time I took a look into the Redskins forum. There is some great discussion going on.

Thanks for the compliment!

Tracker: 46 catches, 498 yards, 3 TD
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fan: RGIII says anyone going after his father "needs to back up..." http://vbs.cm/g0KAmZ

Quote:
Griffin said he was “shocked” to see his father in the locker room, but added: “Anybody out there that’s going after my dad needs to back up. … He served 21 years in the military — I know that’s not an excuse for anything that he does — but he’s not overstepping any bounds, so I hope people respect that and back off.”

I gotta agree with RG3 here. It was just a father worried about his son after his son was hit a lot during the game.

I'm sure Archie Manning has visited his sons in the lockeroom after games before...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: