Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Only RG3 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news regarding RG3's knee. His dad gave some insight on what has been going on with the whole situation.

"He didn't (completely) tear his ACL, which is perfect. Because when you do that, you lose a lot of muscle mass in your upper thigh. But he was able to fire his muscles up early on in rehabilitation. In his case, everything is going really well. It's early. But trust me, he even acknowledged the difference between the first time and this time, as far as that first week."

Lots of good info from this article, and reason to remain positive with him returning for the start of 2013!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/01/11/dad-says-robert-griffin-iii-will-be-back-for-season-opener/1827729/

Seems like people close to the situation that actually know how much damage has been done to the knee, and have seen the inside of it (RG3, his dad, and James Andrews), are predicting a comeback by the start of the season! I'll take info from them over the arm chair Dr's on this site Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Some good news regarding RG3's knee. His dad gave some insight on what has been going on with the whole situation.

"He didn't (completely) tear his ACL, which is perfect. Because when you do that, you lose a lot of muscle mass in your upper thigh. But he was able to fire his muscles up early on in rehabilitation. In his case, everything is going really well. It's early. But trust me, he even acknowledged the difference between the first time and this time, as far as that first week."

Lots of good info from this article, and reason to remain positive with him returning for the start of 2013!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/01/11/dad-says-robert-griffin-iii-will-be-back-for-season-opener/1827729/

Seems like people close to the situation that actually know how much damage has been done to the knee, and have seen the inside of it (RG3, his dad, and James Andrews), are predicting a comeback by the start of the season! I'll take info from them over the arm chair Dr's on this site Laughing

Same here buddy! Thanks Cool

Check out zack boyer's article and chase Minifield's quotes from the article I just posted. Chase is feeling good 7 months after his 2nd acl surgery of his life also. That's a good sign.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
RG3 seems like a nice kid, but was unfortunate enough to fall into the hands of Snyder and Shanahan. On one hand, I feel bad for him because this is his livelihood. On the other hand, the Redskins set their franchise back quite a bit with this move and as a Giants fan that makes me happy. Instead of being perennial NFCE contenders, the Redskins could be looking at many more years of finishing 3rd or 4rth. I hope one playoff game was worth it, Danny boy.
Rolling Eyes whatever.. I'll see you in the playoffs next year. Oh wait, no I won't because rg3 will be back and the giants can't stop the combo of he, garçon, and Alfred Morris! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
RG3 seems like a nice kid, but was unfortunate enough to fall into the hands of Snyder and Shanahan. On one hand, I feel bad for him because this is his livelihood. On the other hand, the Redskins set their franchise back quite a bit with this move and as a Giants fan that makes me happy. Instead of being perennial NFCE contenders, the Redskins could be looking at many more years of finishing 3rd or 4rth. I hope one playoff game was worth it, Danny boy.
Rolling Eyes whatever.. I'll see you in the playoffs next year. Oh wait, no I won't because rg3 will be back and the giants can't stop the combo of he, garçon, and Alfred Morris! Laughing

RG3 will be back, but the read option will not be back because he won't have the explosiveness to run it effectively. It's not Morris and Garcon that gave teams issues. It's the uncertainty of the read option. Without all that slight of hand abra kadabra, the Redskins offense will be much easier to defend.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

RG3 will be back, but the read option will not be back because he won't have the explosiveness to run it effectively. It's not Morris and Garcon that gave teams issues. It's the uncertainty of the read option. Without all that slight of hand abra kadabra, the Redskins offense will be much easier to defend.
we didn't need the read option vs the Browns D when we had cousins in. We can still use it in spots similar to how the Seahawks use it with Wilson. They mix it in some but not as much as we did.

Just so u know we we only lost 2 games when Garçon played all year (1 the playoff game) and we never lost a game when Morris had 20 carries.

So you want to rethink your answer to my previous point bro. Cool Wink
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Yeah you're right we should take your word on this one. RG3 won't regain his explosiveness since a Giants fan on a message board said so...
I mean who really cares what James Andrews, RG3, or his father have been saying about the severity of the injury, and the outlook on how RG3 will recover. I'm sure you have much better inside info then those 3 have on the situation, so thanks a ton for the insight on this one.

In other words, go back to being a Giants fan and continue to pray that RG3 doesn't regain explosiveness. Hate to break it to you, but the odds are in RG3's favor right now to come back just about as exlosive as he was before if not just as explosive. This is the news that has come from the people close to the situation, not arm chair Dr's like you...
nixa37

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

At no point has Andrew predicted a comeback by the start of next season. Where are you guys getting that from? Read his statements carefully and his actual thoughts seem less optimistic.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

At no point has Andrew predicted a comeback by the start of next season. Where are you guys getting that from? Read his statements carefully and his actual thoughts seem less optimistic.
he said its everyone's hope and "belief" meaning he believes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/rg3-surgery-recovery-james-andrews_n_2442304.html

Quote:

"We expect a full recovery, and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season," Andrews said in a statement released by the Redskins. "The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

I love how we keep getting other teams fans shooting down redskins fans. Rolling Eyes we get it, you don't want to see him play...
nixa37

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/rg3-surgery-recovery-james-andrews_n_2442304.html

Quote:

"We expect a full recovery, and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season," Andrews said in a statement released by the Redskins. "The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

I love how we keep getting other teams fans shooting down redskins fans. Rolling Eyes we get it, you don't want to see him play...

He doesn't say the start of the season, does he? If he were willing to say that, you can bet the Redskins would have made it part of the statement he released. I'd also note that he wasn't willing to say that he specifically hopes and believes that RG3 will return this year. I think he falls into the hope category, while other fall into the hope and believe.

I came to this thread because you specifically mentioned it in the news thread.

Last edited by nixa37 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we didn't need the read option vs the Browns D when we had cousins in. We can still use it in spots similar to how the Seahawks use it with Wilson. They mix it in some but not as much as we did.

Just so u know we we only lost 2 games when Garçon played all year (1 the playoff game) and we never lost a game when Morris had 20 carries.

Cousins had a good game against the Browns? This changes everything.

Garcon and his 633 yards in 10 games strike about as much fear as Kirk Cousins.

Morris had a great season, and should continue to have success. But not as much success as he had this last year. The defense couldn't crash down and get after Morris because they had to respect RG3's ability to pull the ball out and get to the edge. Now defenses can focus on Morris. If RG3 pulls the ball out now, chances are somebody gets to him and puts a nice hit on him before he reaches the sideline. And considering he's already had 2 ACL tears on one knee, you don't want to see him taking any more hits.

As a Giants fan, I've seen some promising young careers get derailed by knee injuries. Steve Smith, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Jake Ballard, Jonathon Goff just to name a few in the last three years. And the doctor performing the surgery never once came out and said, "oh boy, that didn't go so well". Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

Quote:

He doesn't say the start of the season, does he? If he were willing to say that, you can bet the Redskins would have made it part of the statement he released. I'd also note that he wasn't willing to say that he specifically hopes and believes that RG3 will return this year. I think he falls into the hope category, while other fall into the hipe and believe.
well I don't even want him to start the season. I've seen plenty of players hurt their acl's and be pup'd and I hope the skins do the same, but it wouldn't surprise me if he pulled an Adrian Peterson because rg3 has that type if dedication, motivation and work ethic.

The last time he tore his acl he was big pulling tires with chains attached not too long after in the middle of the night. He's a great competitor, I'd welcome them putting the breaks on him a bit though, but I doubt it happens because that's not how rg3 is
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Quote:

Cousins had a good game against the Browns? This changes everything.

Garcon and his 633 yards in 10 games strike about as much fear as Kirk Cousins.

Morris had a great season, and should continue to have success. But not as much success as he had this last year. The defense couldn't crash down and get after Morris because they had to respect RG3's ability to pull the ball out and get to the edge. Now defenses can focus on Morris. If RG3 pulls the ball out now, chances are somebody gets to him and puts a nice hit on him before he reaches the sideline. And considering he's already had 2 ACL tears on one knee, you don't want to see him taking any more hits.

As a Giants fan, I've seen some promising young careers get derailed by knee injuries. Steve Smith, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Jake Ballard, Jonathon Goff just to name a few in the last three years. And the doctor performing the surgery never once came out and said, "oh boy, that didn't go so well". Laughing
right and you are talking about position players. I'm talking about a qb with a rifle arm who is smart and accurate. If he can't run as well, he'll be fine. What, he'll go from a 4.4 to a 4.7 40 time ala russell wilson and won't run as much. I'd welcome that because he'll be more healthy.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
right and you are talking about position players. I'm talking about a qb with a rifle arm who is smart and accurate. If he can't run as well, he'll be fine. What, he'll go from a 4.4 to a 4.7 40 time ala russell wilson and won't run as much. I'd welcome that because he'll be more healthy.

Well you didn't use 3 first round picks on RG3 the pocket passer. You spent those draft picks because of his athleticism.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21544266/dr-neal-elattrache-joins-the-nfl-today-to-talk-rg3-injury

Quote:
"I think that you'll see a mobile, pro-style quarterback rather than a run-first type of quarterback," ElAttrache said. "I don't know that the longevity that he would have … would be what you'd want to center your franchise around."

Another doctor who says rg3 will come back and be a mobile qb who's not run first, which is exactly what he is now. So I'm not concerned. He might lose a 10th or 2 10ths off his 40, big deal.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Quote:

Well you didn't use 3 first round picks on RG3 the pocket passer. You spent those draft picks because of his athleticism.
yeah right Rolling Eyes

You have no clue what you are talking about. We moved up to take the best QUARTERBACK available to us in the draft.

Rg3 is a good qb also. 102.4 rtg, 3200 yds, 20 tds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: