Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Only RG3 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15661
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Quote:
right and you are talking about position players. I'm talking about a qb with a rifle arm who is smart and accurate. If he can't run as well, he'll be fine. What, he'll go from a 4.4 to a 4.7 40 time ala russell wilson and won't run as much. I'd welcome that because he'll be more healthy.

Well you didn't use 3 first round picks on RG3 the pocket passer. You spent those draft picks because of his athleticism.
yeah right Rolling Eyes

You have no clue what you are talking about. We moved up to take the best QUARTERBACK available to us in the draft.

Rg3 is a good qb also. 102.4 rtg, 3200 yds, 20 tds

The middle of the field was constantly open for RG3 because linebackers had to respect his running ability. We'll see just how good of a passer RG3 is now that he'll be looking at the same coverage the rest of the QBs in the league look at. It'll be a major adjustment. Consider me a skeptic.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62671
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Quote:
right and you are talking about position players. I'm talking about a qb with a rifle arm who is smart and accurate. If he can't run as well, he'll be fine. What, he'll go from a 4.4 to a 4.7 40 time ala russell wilson and won't run as much. I'd welcome that because he'll be more healthy.

Well you didn't use 3 first round picks on RG3 the pocket passer. You spent those draft picks because of his athleticism.
yeah right Rolling Eyes

You have no clue what you are talking about. We moved up to take the best QUARTERBACK available to us in the draft.

Rg3 is a good qb also. 102.4 rtg, 3200 yds, 20 tds

The middle of the field was constantly open for RG3 because linebackers had to respect his running ability. We'll see just how good of a passer RG3 is now that he'll be looking at the same coverage the rest of the QBs in the league look at. It'll be a major adjustment. Consider me a skeptic.
not in his last 3 games because he wasn't a threat to run as much. 4 tds in his last 3 games bro.

Anything else? Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 8


Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 991
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Quote:
right and you are talking about position players. I'm talking about a qb with a rifle arm who is smart and accurate. If he can't run as well, he'll be fine. What, he'll go from a 4.4 to a 4.7 40 time ala russell wilson and won't run as much. I'd welcome that because he'll be more healthy.

Well you didn't use 3 first round picks on RG3 the pocket passer. You spent those draft picks because of his athleticism.
yeah right Rolling Eyes

You have no clue what you are talking about. We moved up to take the best QUARTERBACK available to us in the draft.

Rg3 is a good qb also. 102.4 rtg, 3200 yds, 20 tds

The middle of the field was constantly open for RG3 because linebackers had to respect his running ability. We'll see just how good of a passer RG3 is now that he'll be looking at the same coverage the rest of the QBs in the league look at. It'll be a major adjustment. Consider me a skeptic.


Rg3 was the second best QB in the last 4 or 5 drafts easy! What took him even further was his intangibles and athleticism! The only knocks were spread offense, shotgun lineups, and no playbook throughout college and highschool. He can make every throw and the only thing was if he could go through progressions and make plays in the pocket. He was bye far the most highest rated player regarless of position in recent memory as far as what he could be. We got a stud and all feelings aside I believe this injury makes him even better. Its brings the coaching staff to relize what they can and can't do and it makes a already driven person to be even more focused and driven then ever to prove all the nay sayers again they were wrong. Special season down another even more awaited season conning soon! Its gonna be a interesting off-season but for the first time in forever we have legitimate reasons to be happy to wonder what who and how the offsrason goes! HTTR!
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1578
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Seems like people close to the situation that actually know how much damage has been done to the knee, and have seen the inside of it (RG3, his dad, and James Andrews), are predicting a comeback by the start of the season! I'll take info from them over the arm chair Dr's on this site Laughing

At no point has Andrew predicted a comeback by the start of next season. Where are you guys getting that from? Read his statements carefully and his actual thoughts seem less optimistic.
he said its everyone's hope and "belief" meaning he believes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/rg3-surgery-recovery-james-andrews_n_2442304.html

Quote:

"We expect a full recovery, and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season," Andrews said in a statement released by the Redskins. "The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."


I love how we keep getting other teams fans shooting down redskins fans. Rolling Eyes we get it, you don't want to see him play...

He doesn't say the start of the season, does he? If he were willing to say that, you can bet the Redskins would have made it part of the statement he released. I'd also note that he wasn't willing to say that he specifically hopes and believes that RG3 will return this year. I think he falls into the hope category, while other fall into the hope and believe.

I came to this thread because you specifically mentioned it in the news thread.


Andrews didn't say he would 100% for certain be ready for the opener, or the 2013 season. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe he won't be ready for the 2013 season. At this point we don't know for certain if he meant the start of the season or not. As for the hope and belief comment, I think you are reading too much into it without any sort of evidence to back up your claim. Essentially it's the same thing that I just did by taking his vague statement as being ready to go for the 2013 season.

Obviously no Dr. would say any exact guaranteed time for return so soon after a surgery in a public statement, it's to risky at this point in case there is a setback during the rehab process, but why do you think that RG3, and RG2 are so optimistic about being ready for the season opener right now?

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that in private conversations between Andrews, RG3, and RG2 that he has mentioned that it is possible for him to be ready to go for the start of the season if his rehabilitation goes well?

Sure any athlete is going to try to be positive after an injury, but the Dr. would have given him some sort of timetable for return, and with the comments that have come from both RG3, and RG2 it sure seems like he was told that he would be able to play in the opener barring any setbacks.

At this point I don't get how people are still being so negative about his recovery. There has been nothing from anyone close to the situation that has mentioned any complications thus far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1137
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I really dont care if Griff plays in 2013....I would rather he not. Cousins has shown he can play. With an offseason of first team reps, he will be fine. Lets not forget we got a few weapons comming back, Helu and Davis! We could add another weapon in FA. I say let Griff rehab and get his leg right. No need to rush or pressure him to be back the start of 2013. We know who our future is no matter how well Cousins plays. If we shore up our secondary, I have no doubt we can repeat as NFCE champs with Cousins at the helm. HTTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixa37


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 2961
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Andrews didn't say he would 100% for certain be ready for the opener, or the 2013 season. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe he won't be ready for the 2013 season. At this point we don't know for certain if he meant the start of the season or not. As for the hope and belief comment, I think you are reading too much into it without any sort of evidence to back up your claim. Essentially it's the same thing that I just did by taking his vague statement as being ready to go for the 2013 season.

Obviously no Dr. would say any exact guaranteed time for return so soon after a surgery in a public statement, it's to risky at this point in case there is a setback during the rehab process, but why do you think that RG3, and RG2 are so optimistic about being ready for the season opener right now?

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that in private conversations between Andrews, RG3, and RG2 that he has mentioned that it is possible for him to be ready to go for the start of the season if his rehabilitation goes well?

Sure any athlete is going to try to be positive after an injury, but the Dr. would have given him some sort of timetable for return, and with the comments that have come from both RG3, and RG2 it sure seems like he was told that he would be able to play in the opener barring any setbacks.

At this point I don't get how people are still being so negative about his recovery. There has been nothing from anyone close to the situation that has mentioned any complications thus far.

The statement was clearly written by a PR person and I'm sure they tried to get Andrews to sign off on more openly optimistic statements, but refused. If he was willing to say the start of the season, you can bet it would be in the statement. If he was confident RG3 would be back this season, you can bet they would have made that clear in the statement. Instead what you got was a vague statement that could easily be interpreted as Andrews saying RG3 would be ready for week 1, but wouldn't make Andrews a liar even if he didn't believe RG3 would play a snap this year.

I think the Griffin's are so optimistic at this point because they've been in touch with the guy Peterson did his rehab with and he's sold them on the idea that with the same sort of hard work, Griffin could follow a similar time table. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but in the end it will be Andrews who clears Griffin to move forward in each stage of his rehab and I think it's a good bet he will be cautious, especially when he didn't think Griffin should have returned from the initial sprain nearly as quickly as he did either.

Again, the fact that no complications have been mentioned is meaningless. For one thing, they're so early in the process that a complication right now would be a huge red flag. Secondly, RG3 is the only one that can allow for information about his recovering to legally released to the public.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62671
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Seems like people close to the situation that actually know how much damage has been done to the knee, and have seen the inside of it (RG3, his dad, and James Andrews), are predicting a comeback by the start of the season! I'll take info from them over the arm chair Dr's on this site Laughing

At no point has Andrew predicted a comeback by the start of next season. Where are you guys getting that from? Read his statements carefully and his actual thoughts seem less optimistic.
he said its everyone's hope and "belief" meaning he believes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/rg3-surgery-recovery-james-andrews_n_2442304.html

Quote:

"We expect a full recovery, and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season," Andrews said in a statement released by the Redskins. "The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."


I love how we keep getting other teams fans shooting down redskins fans. Rolling Eyes we get it, you don't want to see him play...

He doesn't say the start of the season, does he? If he were willing to say that, you can bet the Redskins would have made it part of the statement he released. I'd also note that he wasn't willing to say that he specifically hopes and believes that RG3 will return this year. I think he falls into the hope category, while other fall into the hope and believe.

I came to this thread because you specifically mentioned it in the news thread.


Andrews didn't say he would 100% for certain be ready for the opener, or the 2013 season. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe he won't be ready for the 2013 season. At this point we don't know for certain if he meant the start of the season or not. As for the hope and belief comment, I think you are reading too much into it without any sort of evidence to back up your claim. Essentially it's the same thing that I just did by taking his vague statement as being ready to go for the 2013 season.

Obviously no Dr. would say any exact guaranteed time for return so soon after a surgery in a public statement, it's to risky at this point in case there is a setback during the rehab process, but why do you think that RG3, and RG2 are so optimistic about being ready for the season opener right now?

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that in private conversations between Andrews, RG3, and RG2 that he has mentioned that it is possible for him to be ready to go for the start of the season if his rehabilitation goes well?

Sure any athlete is going to try to be positive after an injury, but the Dr. would have given him some sort of timetable for return, and with the comments that have come from both RG3, and RG2 it sure seems like he was told that he would be able to play in the opener barring any setbacks.

At this point I don't get how people are still being so negative about his recovery. There has been nothing from anyone close to the situation that has mentioned any complications thus far.
1. If he plays early on the season he better be smart (unlike the last 3 games he played in 2012) and wear the big bulky brace that gives full protection. I don't want to see that other brace on him that he wore because he didn't want to be restricted Confused Then he gets hurt even more with the less protective brace on Sad

2. It's other teams fans who are skeptical, not because they care about rg3 like us but because they want us to be wrong and they don't want him to play because they know if he plays they have a better chance at winning. If rg3 plays like he did last year the other teams in the division can't stop the combo of he and Morris on the ground and him passing to out multiple targets through the air and then if Davis is back. Crap- they barely have a chance at aall to stop us.

On top of that Carriker, Orakpo and Meriweather back on D plus a few upgrades in the secondary the D can only improve as well.

You need to post in these threads because you are making great points:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510017

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=507736
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1578
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Andrews didn't say he would 100% for certain be ready for the opener, or the 2013 season. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe he won't be ready for the 2013 season. At this point we don't know for certain if he meant the start of the season or not. As for the hope and belief comment, I think you are reading too much into it without any sort of evidence to back up your claim. Essentially it's the same thing that I just did by taking his vague statement as being ready to go for the 2013 season.

Obviously no Dr. would say any exact guaranteed time for return so soon after a surgery in a public statement, it's to risky at this point in case there is a setback during the rehab process, but why do you think that RG3, and RG2 are so optimistic about being ready for the season opener right now?

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that in private conversations between Andrews, RG3, and RG2 that he has mentioned that it is possible for him to be ready to go for the start of the season if his rehabilitation goes well?

Sure any athlete is going to try to be positive after an injury, but the Dr. would have given him some sort of timetable for return, and with the comments that have come from both RG3, and RG2 it sure seems like he was told that he would be able to play in the opener barring any setbacks.

At this point I don't get how people are still being so negative about his recovery. There has been nothing from anyone close to the situation that has mentioned any complications thus far.

The statement was clearly written by a PR person and I'm sure they tried to get Andrews to sign off on more openly optimistic statements, but refused. If he was willing to say the start of the season, you can bet it would be in the statement. If he was confident RG3 would be back this season, you can bet they would have made that clear in the statement. Instead what you got was a vague statement that could easily be interpreted as Andrews saying RG3 would be ready for week 1, but wouldn't make Andrews a liar even if he didn't believe RG3 would play a snap this year.

I think the Griffin's are so optimistic at this point because they've been in touch with the guy Peterson did his rehab with and he's sold them on the idea that with the same sort of hard work, Griffin could follow a similar time table. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but in the end it will be Andrews who clears Griffin to move forward in each stage of his rehab and I think it's a good bet he will be cautious, especially when he didn't think Griffin should have returned from the initial sprain nearly as quickly as he did either.

Again, the fact that no complications have been mentioned is meaningless. For one thing, they're so early in the process that a complication right now would be a huge red flag. Secondly, RG3 is the only one that can allow for information about his recovering to legally released to the public.


Exactly a guy like Andrews wouldn't put his reputation on the line for exactly that reason. As you said it is very possible for RG3 to be ready for the season, and if it wasn't within the realm of possibility for him to be, he and his dad wouldn't be saying the things they have been saying at this point. If it was unlikely that RG3 would be back for 2013, we would be seeing RG3 and his dad being coy about the situation, and not reaching out to the public like they have been. They both are smart enough to know that this process shouldn't be rushed as it could just prolong the injury, or even hinder him for his career. He has the very best in the world looking after him right now, and at this point we have no reason to disagree and speculate on the comments they have made.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixa37


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 2961
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
2. It's other teams fans who are skeptical, not because they care about rg3 like us but because they want us to be wrong and they don't want him to play because they know if he plays they have a better chance at winning. If rg3 plays like he did last year the other teams in the division can't stop the combo of he and Morris on the ground and him passing to out multiple targets through the air and then if Davis is back. Crap- they barely have a chance at aall to stop us.

I'm a Falcons fan. I have no vested interest in how good/bad the Redskins are. I would prefer RG3 not come back to start the season because I don't want to see him get re-injured and I love watching him play. I'm just giving my opinion because I think what Andrews is and isn't saying is pretty clear, but I've seen multiple Redskins fans reading what they want to read.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nixa37


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 2961
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Exactly a guy like Andrews wouldn't put his reputation on the line for exactly that reason. As you said it is very possible for RG3 to be ready for the season, and if it wasn't within the realm of possibility for him to be, he and his dad wouldn't be saying the things they have been saying at this point. If it was unlikely that RG3 would be back for 2013, we would be seeing RG3 and his dad being coy about the situation, and not reaching out to the public like they have been. They both are smart enough to know that this process shouldn't be rushed as it could just prolong the injury, or even hinder him for his career. He has the very best in the world looking after him right now, and at this point we have no reason to disagree and speculate on the comments they have made.

After what Peterson did, nothing is out of the realm of possibility, but that doesn't mean it is a realistic expectation. Andrews likely hasn't ruled out the possibility to RG3 and company because he wants him motivated, but he may very well still think it's a long shot. Heck, he already released a statement that pretty much confirms that he doesn't believe it is a given that RG3 will be ready to play next season.

Quote:
So we’re looking forward, trying to get him back ready for next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62671
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
2. It's other teams fans who are skeptical, not because they care about rg3 like us but because they want us to be wrong and they don't want him to play because they know if he plays they have a better chance at winning. If rg3 plays like he did last year the other teams in the division can't stop the combo of he and Morris on the ground and him passing to out multiple targets through the air and then if Davis is back. Crap- they barely have a chance at aall to stop us.

I'm a Falcons fan. I have no vested interest in how good/bad the Redskins are. I would prefer RG3 not come back to start the season because I don't want to see him get re-injured and I love watching him play. I'm just giving my opinion because I think what Andrews is and isn't saying is pretty clear, but I've seen multiple Redskins fans reading what they want to read.
i don't want him starting the season either because I want to make sure he's 100% but do I think rg3 will start the season? Yeah, I do.

He will go above and beyond what he should to be ready ala Adrian Peterson, thats just the type of motivated person Robert is. Also, Remember he doesn't play a skill position. He doesn't have to do a lot of running so I think rg3 will just alter how he plays.

I hope he stays healthy.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nixa37


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 2961
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
2. It's other teams fans who are skeptical, not because they care about rg3 like us but because they want us to be wrong and they don't want him to play because they know if he plays they have a better chance at winning. If rg3 plays like he did last year the other teams in the division can't stop the combo of he and Morris on the ground and him passing to out multiple targets through the air and then if Davis is back. Crap- they barely have a chance at aall to stop us.

I'm a Falcons fan. I have no vested interest in how good/bad the Redskins are. I would prefer RG3 not come back to start the season because I don't want to see him get re-injured and I love watching him play. I'm just giving my opinion because I think what Andrews is and isn't saying is pretty clear, but I've seen multiple Redskins fans reading what they want to read.
i don't want him starting the season either because I want to make sure he's 100% but do I think rg3 will start the season? Yeah, I do.

He will go above and beyond what he should to be ready ala Adrian Peterson, thats just the type of motivated person Robert is. Also, Remember he doesn't play a skill position. He doesn't have to do a lot of running so I think rg3 will just alter how he plays.

I hope he stays healthy.

I'm hopeful that Andrews will basically force him to pump the breaks a little bit. I do think people underestimate how important the ACL and LCL on a QB's back leg are. They're what give the back leg stability when you plant and drive the ball down the field. I wouldn't mind him wearing one of the big braces as long as it doesn't cause other issues.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62671
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
2. It's other teams fans who are skeptical, not because they care about rg3 like us but because they want us to be wrong and they don't want him to play because they know if he plays they have a better chance at winning. If rg3 plays like he did last year the other teams in the division can't stop the combo of he and Morris on the ground and him passing to out multiple targets through the air and then if Davis is back. Crap- they barely have a chance at aall to stop us.

I'm a Falcons fan. I have no vested interest in how good/bad the Redskins are. I would prefer RG3 not come back to start the season because I don't want to see him get re-injured and I love watching him play. I'm just giving my opinion because I think what Andrews is and isn't saying is pretty clear, but I've seen multiple Redskins fans reading what they want to read.
i don't want him starting the season either because I want to make sure he's 100% but do I think rg3 will start the season? Yeah, I do.

He will go above and beyond what he should to be ready ala Adrian Peterson, thats just the type of motivated person Robert is. Also, Remember he doesn't play a skill position. He doesn't have to do a lot of running so I think rg3 will just alter how he plays.

I hope he stays healthy.

I'm hopeful that Andrews will basically force him to pump the breaks a little bit. I do think people underestimate how important the ACL and LCL on a QB's back leg are. They're what give the back leg stability when you plant and drive the ball down the field. I wouldn't mind him wearing one of the big braces as long as it doesn't cause other issues.
we know its not like we don't have 2 threads here going about this but at the same time, we have faith in our franchise qb and I know you would have the same if yours just had a knee injury.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 1578
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Andrews didn't say he would 100% for certain be ready for the opener, or the 2013 season. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe he won't be ready for the 2013 season. At this point we don't know for certain if he meant the start of the season or not. As for the hope and belief comment, I think you are reading too much into it without any sort of evidence to back up your claim. Essentially it's the same thing that I just did by taking his vague statement as being ready to go for the 2013 season.

Obviously no Dr. would say any exact guaranteed time for return so soon after a surgery in a public statement, it's to risky at this point in case there is a setback during the rehab process, but why do you think that RG3, and RG2 are so optimistic about being ready for the season opener right now?

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that in private conversations between Andrews, RG3, and RG2 that he has mentioned that it is possible for him to be ready to go for the start of the season if his rehabilitation goes well?

Sure any athlete is going to try to be positive after an injury, but the Dr. would have given him some sort of timetable for return, and with the comments that have come from both RG3, and RG2 it sure seems like he was told that he would be able to play in the opener barring any setbacks.

At this point I don't get how people are still being so negative about his recovery. There has been nothing from anyone close to the situation that has mentioned any complications thus far.

The statement was clearly written by a PR person and I'm sure they tried to get Andrews to sign off on more openly optimistic statements, but refused. If he was willing to say the start of the season, you can bet it would be in the statement. If he was confident RG3 would be back this season, you can bet they would have made that clear in the statement. Instead what you got was a vague statement that could easily be interpreted as Andrews saying RG3 would be ready for week 1, but wouldn't make Andrews a liar even if he didn't believe RG3 would play a snap this year.

I think the Griffin's are so optimistic at this point because they've been in touch with the guy Peterson did his rehab with and he's sold them on the idea that with the same sort of hard work, Griffin could follow a similar time table. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but in the end it will be Andrews who clears Griffin to move forward in each stage of his rehab and I think it's a good bet he will be cautious, especially when he didn't think Griffin should have returned from the initial sprain nearly as quickly as he did either.

Again, the fact that no complications have been mentioned is meaningless. For one thing, they're so early in the process that a complication right now would be a huge red flag. Secondly, RG3 is the only one that can allow for information about his recovering to legally released to the public.


Looks like your argument just got debunked Laughing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/15/andrews-says-rgiii-is-well-on-his-way-to-recovery/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62671
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Andrews didn't say he would 100% for certain be ready for the opener, or the 2013 season. That doesn't mean he doesn't believe he won't be ready for the 2013 season. At this point we don't know for certain if he meant the start of the season or not. As for the hope and belief comment, I think you are reading too much into it without any sort of evidence to back up your claim. Essentially it's the same thing that I just did by taking his vague statement as being ready to go for the 2013 season.

Obviously no Dr. would say any exact guaranteed time for return so soon after a surgery in a public statement, it's to risky at this point in case there is a setback during the rehab process, but why do you think that RG3, and RG2 are so optimistic about being ready for the season opener right now?

Wouldn't it be logical to assume that in private conversations between Andrews, RG3, and RG2 that he has mentioned that it is possible for him to be ready to go for the start of the season if his rehabilitation goes well?

Sure any athlete is going to try to be positive after an injury, but the Dr. would have given him some sort of timetable for return, and with the comments that have come from both RG3, and RG2 it sure seems like he was told that he would be able to play in the opener barring any setbacks.

At this point I don't get how people are still being so negative about his recovery. There has been nothing from anyone close to the situation that has mentioned any complications thus far.

The statement was clearly written by a PR person and I'm sure they tried to get Andrews to sign off on more openly optimistic statements, but refused. If he was willing to say the start of the season, you can bet it would be in the statement. If he was confident RG3 would be back this season, you can bet they would have made that clear in the statement. Instead what you got was a vague statement that could easily be interpreted as Andrews saying RG3 would be ready for week 1, but wouldn't make Andrews a liar even if he didn't believe RG3 would play a snap this year.

I think the Griffin's are so optimistic at this point because they've been in touch with the guy Peterson did his rehab with and he's sold them on the idea that with the same sort of hard work, Griffin could follow a similar time table. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but in the end it will be Andrews who clears Griffin to move forward in each stage of his rehab and I think it's a good bet he will be cautious, especially when he didn't think Griffin should have returned from the initial sprain nearly as quickly as he did either.

Again, the fact that no complications have been mentioned is meaningless. For one thing, they're so early in the process that a complication right now would be a huge red flag. Secondly, RG3 is the only one that can allow for information about his recovering to legally released to the public.


Looks like your argument just got debunked Laughing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/15/andrews-says-rgiii-is-well-on-his-way-to-recovery/
yeah. I'd definitely believe Dr James Andrews' words over some pro football talks "unnamed sources" article! Laughing

There is no doubt RG3's recovery is going to be rough and rigorous but I think all redskins fans have a belief in him like other teams believe on their stars as well. It is certainly our hope he's close to 100% and playing week 1. Again though his rehab isn't going to be easy and it isn't a given he makes it to start the season but if anyone can do it, it's rg3.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group