Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills #1 on top five landing spots for Michael Vick in 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
don4593

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan Gailey with Vick is scary. As we know Fitz is extremely limited phyiscally. What Chan has done to highlight Fitz's better phyiscal attributes is quite amazing. Gailey turner Kordell Stewart's career around.

To get a QB who can throw downfield and do it accurately will really pin the defense back. Instead we cannot even throw with 8 men on the box. Vick doesnt have to drop back every play, but that threat will break the defense from using 8 in the box and see you later Spiller.

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen both just said they could see Chip Kelly and Michael Vick at Buffalo next year.
I would be pleased with that. But I would be pleased with just Chip Kelly coming in and drafting a QB in the mid rounds.

Same here.. I'd be open for Kelly and/or Vick..
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen both just said they could see Chip Kelly and Michael Vick at Buffalo next year.
I would be pleased with that. But I would be pleased with just Chip Kelly coming in and drafting a QB in the mid rounds.

Same here.. I'd be open for Kelly and/or Vick..

I can't see Kelly coming here, why would he want to leave Oregon for Buffalo? Its the sad truth but us pursuing him (assuming we do) will end just like Jim Harbaugh. Also I am not convinced his offense can even succeed in the NFL.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
don4593

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need a new coach. We need a new QB.

Gaileys most regretable feat could have been turning Fitzpatrick from a fringe NFL QB to a serviceable one. Now that people see Fitz be productive at times, we expect more, not realizing that Fitzpatrick is the sole reason for our troubles.

Teams that take away our short pass doom us. Forced to throw with 8 men in the box is a task QBs envy, but Fitzpatrick struggles more than any other in the NFL because of his lack of arm strength, accuracy, and mechanics on passes over 20 yards.

Bottom line, Chan has to be as creative a play caller as possible because of the strict physical limitations Fitz presents. To truly understand how poor Fitz's skill set is, just watch any other NFL QB go to work.

If Gailey had a guy like Vick, who could press the defense downfield, forced them out of 8 in the box I think we would be in line for an amazing year. I could say this with any QB really...Alex Smith, Vick, Rivers, hell they don't even have to be that good.

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:

Gaileys most regretable feat could have been turning Fitzpatrick from a fringe NFL QB to a serviceable one. Now that people see Fitz be productive at times, we expect more, not realizing that Fitzpatrick is the sole reason for our troubles.

Teams that take away our short pass doom us. Forced to throw with 8 men in the box is a task QBs envy, but Fitzpatrick struggles more than any other in the NFL because of his lack of arm strength, accuracy, and mechanics on passes over 20 yards.

Bottom line, Chan has to be as creative a play caller as possible because of the strict physical limitations Fitz presents. To truly understand how poor Fitz's skill set is, just watch any other NFL QB go to work.

If Gailey had a guy like Vick, who could press the defense downfield, forced them out of 8 in the box I think we would be in line for an amazing year. I could say this with any QB really...Alex Smith, Vick, Rivers, hell they don't even have to be that good.
Well if that is the case why not roll with TJax - Fitz - and Mid round rookie (Tyler Bray/Tajh Boyd/Landry Jones)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly here? Yes please. It's a pipe dream but if it happened I think we'd do some great things. He wouldn't run his Oregon offense, no way he would. He'd adapt just like all great coaches do.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:

The problem with big, sweeping statements like the bolded is that they are just so easy to disprove. Case in point, Fitz didn't give up 35 points to the Titans. That was our "defense".

Is Fitz a better than average NFL QB? No, but this team is no where near being so solid that he is the lone factor keeping us from consistently winning.

And Vick...let's say you are correct and that if he came here he would have an amazing year. He'll be 33 and we would likely be right back in the same predicament of needing a starting QB in 3 years or even earlier! He's a stop-gap attempt at a "solution" that struggles to stay healthy and isn't even wanted by his current team. I understand wanting to take some action to improve our QB position, but that shouldn't mean we should be settling for some short term crap-shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
don4593 wrote:

The problem with big, sweeping statements like the bolded is that they are just so easy to disprove. Case in point, Fitz didn't give up 35 points to the Titans. That was our "defense".

Is Fitz a better than average NFL QB? No, but this team is no where near being so solid that he is the lone factor keeping us from consistently winning.

And Vick...let's say you are correct and that if he came here he would have an amazing year. He'll be 33 and we would likely be right back in the same predicament of needing a starting QB in 3 years or even earlier! He's a stop-gap attempt at a "solution" that struggles to stay healthy and isn't even wanted by his current team. I understand wanting to take some action to improve our QB position, but that shouldn't mean we should be settling for some short term crap-shoot.

Whatever happened to the QB in waiting? Let's say Vick does only play 3-4 more years. That's plenty of time to be developing a QB in waiting that you draft a couple years from now.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
don4593 wrote:

Whatever happened to the QB in waiting? Let's say Vick does only play 3-4 more years. That's plenty of time to be developing a QB in waiting that you draft a couple years from now.

We already have a mediocre stop-gap QB, so just how many do you think we need? Also, we should be looking for our young, future franchise QB ASAP, not dragging our feet for another couple of years before we start the grooming process.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Chan Gailey is not going anywhere, and I have built that into my mind. Buddy Nix said he is here to stay, and I have never heard that man lie.

He recently came out and said that we need a big-time WR (Calvin Johnson type) and a young QB. Hell, that could even mean Alex Smith or Rivers. It sounds as if we will roll next year with TJ on the outside and Stevie in the slot (good idea). But we do need that extra guy who can catch anything, anywhere. Donald Jones is not that guy. What this means to me is that we will be pretty active come free agency this year, just like last year. And, last time I checked, we do have the cap space.

And, the first priority should be re-signing Byrd and Levitre.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't D'Wayne Bowe FA?

I'd poop if we signed him.

Then Vick. OH MY LANTA. SUPERBOWL.

#JDI
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:

We already have a mediocre stop-gap QB, so just how many do you think we need? Also, we should be looking for our young, future franchise QB ASAP, not dragging our feet for another couple of years before we start the grooming process.

Difference is that Vick is a "stop gap QB" capable of playing at an MVP level

People are underestimating how much coaching, pass protection, and motivation were a factor for Vick in these last couple of years

Without that $100 million dollar contract he's going to prove some teams that didn't take a chance on him look bad like he did in 2010, except this time it could be even more prolonged success without a team jumping to sign him to another 9-figure deal
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

People are underestimating how much coaching, pass protection, and motivation were a factor for Vick in these last couple of years

Without that $100 million dollar contract he's going to prove some teams that didn't take a chance on him look bad like he did in 2010, except this time it could be even more prolonged success without a team jumping to sign him to another 9-figure deal

Bolded: Again, 33 next year + injury issues is not likely to = prolonged QB success! Further, as for that "MVP capability", other than 2010, when has he been good? Not only has he never put together 2 good years in a row, other than 2002 & 2010, he has NEVER scored more TD's than turnovers (INT + fumbles)! So, um, yeah...got another shade of lipstick you can put on that turd?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Bolded: Again, 33 next year + injury issues is not likely to = prolonged QB success! Further, as for that "MVP capability", other than 2010, when has he been good? Not only has he never put together 2 good years in a row, other than 2002 & 2010, he has NEVER scored more TD's than turnovers (INT + fumbles)! So, um, yeah...got another shade of lipstick you can put on that turd?

Love to make stuff up? Vick had more TDs than turnovers in 2005, 2006, and 2011. It's the complete opposite. 2004 and this current year are the only years where he has more turnovers than TDs

And we have a couple of QBs who've won Super Bowls with years like that in Big Ben and Eli.

And the point is that in most of those years Vick was in an offense that didnt fit his abilities. They tried to make Vick fit an offense instead of building around his skills

And 33 is not ancient for a QB. Look at how long Steve Young, John Elway, etc played

Vick with two lost steps is as physically gifted as just about every other QB not named RGIII in their prime
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

Love to make stuff up? Vick had more TDs than turnovers in 2005, 2006, and 2011. It's the complete opposite. 2004 and this current year are the only years where he has more turnovers than TDs

And we have a couple of QBs who've won Super Bowls with years like that in Big Ben and Eli.

And the point is that in most of those years Vick was in an offense that didnt fit his abilities. They tried to make Vick fit an offense instead of building around his skills

And 33 is not ancient for a QB. Look at how long Steve Young, John Elway, etc played

Vick with two lost steps is as physically gifted as just about every other QB not named RGIII in their prime

Oh, didn't make it up, but I am guilty of getting sloppy & mistaking fumbles for fumbles lost! That's totally on me. Should have been:

01 - 4 TD's, 8 TO's
02 - 24 TD's, 14 TO's
03 - 5 TD's, 4 TO's
04 - 17 TD's, 19 TO's
05 - 21 TD's, 18 TO's
06 - 22 TD's, 16 TO's
09 - 1 TD, 0 TO
10 - 30 TD's, 9 TO's
11 - 19 TD's, 18 TO's
12 - 12 TO's, 14 TO's

As you can see 02 & 10 were obviously good years and 06 was decent to be fair. The rest have very Fitz-like TD/TO ratios and again no 2 impressive years in a row unless you want to reach for 05 & 06. In fact, go for it. You want Vick here so badly (and in Arizona as well, according to your posts in that forum!!!), just go ahead and talk up those 2 seasons! Super Bowl capable stats (like Eli & Ben)? Sure, if you have their team's caliber of defense to recover from that many TO's. Our D isn't there, yet.

Age-wise, 33 is pretty "experienced" for a QB and surely not a young building block for our team. And since you are comparing him to Young & Elway, go ahead and throw in Peyton as well. All very similar QB's...well, except for Vick. Laughing

I'm done. You obviously want him somewhere (Are you related to or employed by him?!?) and you're entitled to your opinion...my opinion is completely the opposite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: