Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills #1 on top five landing spots for Michael Vick in 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swolfdab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:
I think Alex Smith would be a perfect fit here in Buffalo. Send him over here with Greg Roman as our HC. That would be the ideal situation.

Michael Vick is done in the NFL

There is a reason why Alex Smith isnt the 9ers QB anymore, and its not only because Kaep is balling. Its because Smith isnt that good. He is the ultimate game manager, but is too hesitant to throw the ball down field. He also doesnt like to throw into tight windows.

No thank you.

You obviously haven't watched the 49ers much for the past two years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:
I think Alex Smith would be a perfect fit here in Buffalo. Send him over here with Greg Roman as our HC. That would be the ideal situation.

There is a reason why Alex Smith isnt the 9ers QB anymore, and its not only because Kaep is balling. Its because Smith isnt that good. He is the ultimate game manager, but is too hesitant to throw the ball down field. He also doesnt like to throw into tight windows.

No thank you.

Really? I would love to see Alex Smith on this team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

No thank you.

Really? I would love to see Alex Smith on this team.

I won't say "love", but I'd be pleased if we landed Smith, if we would start running the ball more than 44% of the time. I think if we used the run to set up the pass, Alex would be a noticeable improvement over Fitz. If Chan stays and keeps throwing the ball as much as he has these past few years, I can't believe we would see a noticeable improvement in QB play.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick could be a cheap pick up. I would give it a chance for sure.. Go after Nassib as 3rd string and Fitz back up.

Still gives us a look at Te'o, Milliner or Banks in 1st round
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Vick could be a cheap pick up. I would give it a chance for sure.. Go after Nassib as 3rd string and Fitz back up.

I'd be ecstatic to grab Te'o but I think he's gone top ten at the very least.

With the Smith talk, if Kaepernick remains the starter for the rest of the year, I'd imagine the 49ers will start listening to trade offers for Smith in the offseason and would also imagine they'd love to ship him out of the conference into the AFC if at all possible. We'd be a good partner in such a deal. Looking at it, only a few teams really are in dire need of a QB, us being one of them, so we could have a legitimate shot if we call the Niners with an offer. Only other teams I see that might be desperate enough for a starting QB this offseason are Kansas City and Jacksonville and both are drafting very high and one will likely get Geno Smith. Maybe the Jets? I suppose Arizona could be added to the list too but I don't think Kolb is that bad and he's been hurt all year and I doubt San Francisco would be keen on trading Smith within the division.

Alex Smith will never live up to his draft position of first overall but he isn't a bad QB and could succeed in the kind of system we run, if of course he gets used to throwing in the cold, wind, and snow as opposed to the warm, sunny San Francisco weather he's thrown in for years. That'd be a tough transaction but not impossible and besides for Vick he might be the best QB available this offseason. I might personally take Smith over Vick if we could trade for him honestly but both are better than Fitzpatrick at this point.

I see Smith being a very realistic option. If Kaepernick keeps being their guy, I'd find it very hard to believe Smith's still a 49er next August. I think they'll look to get some sort of pick for him and again, like I said, preferably ship him into the AFC. He's not a big name, not nearly as big as Vick, but he's significant enough and a player I could see Buffalo actually trying for. However, if Fitzpatrick is still deemed to be our man, Smith won't be needed and we'll pass, no matter how many of us disagree with it. I'd like to think Nix will be looking at all options to get better at QB but a huge part of me feels he's content with Fitz for now unless he can find a better guy in the draft that ends up beating him out. Let's hope he considers trade and free agency as possibilities for landing one too.
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

And where do you see us drafting?

If the season ended now we are top 10 I believe (or close to it)

Right now Milliner still seems like the choice to me..

Lock down Milliner/Gilmore for a long time.. Put Williams at safety where he belongs..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Lock down Milliner/Gilmore for a long time.. Put Williams at safety where he belongs..

I honestly see us drafting around #11 to #13. We should win a game or two more.

I say flip a pick for Smith. A fourth could do it. I'd feel better with him than Vick.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the link now but I read somewhere that Vick's concussion symptoms are getting worse not better and that there is some doubt as to whether he'll ever play again.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

It's so empty living behind these Cassel walls.

Vikings QB Wishlist

1. Derek Carr
2. A.J. McCarron
3. Aaron Murray
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't think he would be the answer. I see Fitzpatrick staying for at least another year and the Bills re-signing Tarvaris Jackson. It's hard to imagine Buffalo giving up a draft pick for Jackson, keeping him inactive for sixteen games, and then letting him go. Tyler Thigpen will be gone, and knowing the Bills Brad Smith might still stick around. Fitz / Vick / Jackson / Smith would be one possible scenario. While Vick is obviously better than Thigpen, would this really improve the position enough?
I would actually be very against it. Vick turns the ball over constantly and our team has a hard enough time winning games were we limit giving the ball away.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

That's potentially beast secondary Milliner / Gilmore / Byrd / Williams ?? George Wilson is having a awful season as well.
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
I can't find the link now but I read somewhere that Vick's concussion symptoms are getting worse not better and that there is some doubt as to whether he'll ever play again.

WHere did you read that a PETA website? Laughing

Vick would be a great pickup for the Bills and for Vick the AFC East is actually easier to compete in than the NFC East going forward.

And FWIW, Vick has always played better vs the AFC than NFC. He's got like a 18-7-1 record vs the AFC

Speaking of records doesnt Fitzpatrick have a losing record on 3 different teams?

Vick has more left in the tank than people seem to realize. They act like Vick will age like a RB but he doesn't run between the tackles. Vick slowing down isn't the same as a RB slowing down because the running lanes for a QB are not like the running lanes for a RB.

That's why Vick going from 4.33 speed to 4.5 speed isn't as devastating as a tailback doing the same thing

Vick with a couple lost steps going down to 4.5 speed is basically still as athletic a specimen and probably for all intents and purposes more so than Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, and Russell Wilson are right now.

And as we've all observed arm strength is one of the last things to leave a QB. That's why Vick has the physical gifts to play at a high level for another 4-5 years.

Could he still miss 2-3 games a year like he's done so for the most part? Sure but the effort and production he gives in the games he does play could far outweigh those missed couple of games a year.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think our potential Top-5 O-line that's coming back next year healthy should also help with him not being injured so much if he came here. Considering Philly's line is a dumpster fire right now.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Well, I think our potential Top-5 O-line that's coming back next year healthy should also help with him not being injured so much if he came here. Considering Philly's line is a dumpster fire right now.

Plus CJ Spiller isn't too shabby and the addition of Vick can make him even more effective.

Spiller could be an even bigger homerun threat version of LeSean McCoy.

Bills could clearly be Vick's #1 option if Bills are willing to pay Fitzpatrick the money they are paying him to be the backup kind of like the Seahawks with Matt Flynn right now
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen both just said they could see Chip Kelly and Michael Vick at Buffalo next year.

Sig bet
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen both just said they could see Chip Kelly and Michael Vick at Buffalo next year.
I would be pleased with that. But I would be pleased with just Chip Kelly coming in and drafting a QB in the mid rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: