Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kuhn Mock 2. The more the better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Kuhn Mock 2. The more the better Reply with quote

I just want to redo the draft. Found some new guys I think are better scheme fits.

+ 4th round comp for Flynn

Released/Retired
Jermichael Finley
Charles Woodson
Jeff Saturday
Donald Driver
Cedric Benson
Erik Walden
Rob Francois
Frank Zombo

Resigned
Greg Jennings
Sam Shields
Brad Jones
Tom Crabtree
Evan Dietrich-Smith

Draft Day

Round 1

C Jonathan Cooper, UNC
6-3, 300lbs

Why draft him? Dreads. Moving along...

But seriously, this guy is paving the way for the #1 ranked RB in the draft so he's gotta be doing something right. Really fluid blocker fills right in for Saturday. Quick, explosive, and athletic. Size is a knock for most teams but not for us. Value? check. Need? check. BPA? check. Falls right into our laps.

Round 2

*TRADE* TT continues his agressive streak when he sees a guy dropping. 2nd rounder and 5th rounder to move up to the 38-45 range
DT Kawann Short, Purdue
6-3, 315lbs

The next Big-10 linemen to get drafted by the Packers. Big body with above average pass rush skills to boot. Last 2 seasons: 96 tackles, 31.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks, 11 passes broken up and 5 blocked kicks. Says Rob Rang: "Short can be an immovable object in the middle of the field when he plays disciplined" that's enough for me. Short can put on some weight and man that LE position held down by Pickett for so long. And if he can translate that same success rushing the passer as he had in college this guy could be the piece that completes our offensive line.

Round 3

RB Mike Gillislee, Florida
5-11, 210lbs

Nice blend of size and speed. 1st Gator to rush for more than 1,000yds since '04. Excellent blocker in blitz pickup. Projected to run low 4.4 in the 40 so he's got the burst nobody else on this RB squad seems to possess. Hasn't been ran into the ground like some of the other RB in this class.

Round 4

S Phillip Thomas, Fresno State
6-1, 215lbs

He's got the dreads and the ballhawking ability. Missed all of 2011 with a broken leg, he bounced back this year with 82 tackles, 12 TFL, 4 sacks, 8 INT, and 4 forced fumbles. This guy can create turnovers and would be a perfect addition to this secondary IMO. He's gonna rise as we get closer to the draft.

TE Joseph Fauria, UCLA
6-7, 255lbs

Improving blocker and big time red zone target with 11TD on the year. Potential matchup nightmare that Finley strives to be. Good receiver with NFL bloodline. He has time to improve as a blocker and likely wont see a ton of time rookie year with Crabtree, Williams and maybe Quarless in front of him.

Round 6

OG Blaize Foltz, TCU
6-4, 310

Extra help for the inside of the offensive line. Just a prospect who looks like he could do well.

Round 7
K Dustin Hopkins, Florida St.
6-2, 190

Crosby needs to step up before he gets replaced. Hopkins has a long leg and has hit a few over 50 and one at 60. Pretty accurate as well. The player drafted in this slot will be hard pressed to make the team anyways, this puts some pressure on Crosby. It is only going to help.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas won't last to round 4. I'm thinking he goes by end of round 2. Also, there's no way our 2nd+ 5th gets us to the 38-45 range unless we are picking in the 49-52 range which would mean no playoffs.
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Thomas won't last to round 4. I'm thinking he goes by end of round 2. Also, there's no way our 2nd+ 5th gets us to the 38-45 range unless we are picking in the 49-52 range which would mean no playoffs.

Yup. I was using a draft trade calculator but after I checked again you're right. Oh well. A boy can dream...
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kuhn wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Yup. I was using a draft trade calculator but after I checked again you're right. Oh well. A boy can dream...

Haha always. Isn't that what a mock is about?
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:

Well, in the last year it was unusually cheap to trade up in the draft. (we moved from #90 to #62 for pick #163 when we got Hayward).

So I won't say that a late 2 and a 5 for an mid 2 is unthinkable, but a late 2 and a late 4 for an mid 2 is much more plausible.

It's generally not cheap to cross a tier.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Well, in the last year it was unusually cheap to trade up in the draft. (we moved from #90 to #62 for pick #163 when we got Hayward).

So I won't say that a late 2 and a 5 for an mid 2 is unthinkable, but a late 2 and a late 4 for an mid 2 is much more plausible.

Yeah that was funky. TT got a great deal on that pick from BB. We had just traded our 2nd and 4th to move from 59th ro 51st.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

I wouldn't doubt they keep track of their deals over the years and the Packers and Patriots have traded a good bit with the Packers. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots wanted to trade down badly and couldn't find the right trading partner, and owed the Packers a bit and did that deal to make up for it (and expect the Packers to make up for a little bit)...

Sort of like when a friend can't get the deal he wants, he'll take a second rate deal with a friend expecting the friend to pay back when they can't find a deal they like...

Patriots gave up a lot in that deal... but Packers also over paid some to trade up for Manning. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots owed the Packers one from the past or the Packers current owe the Patriots one now.

I still remember the 2006 draft, when the WR needy Packers fans got all totally excited when one of the most hyped WR of the draft class fell to them with the #36 pick...

And then how they got SOOO POed when they traded back 17 spots (to the Patriots) and they drafted the much hyped WR .... who was Chad Jackson from Florida

Then Packers pick #47 came up... and again fans still upset and even more upset now they didn't get a weapon on offense... they picked Daryn Colledge

The pick #52 came up (the one the Patriots traded to the Packers), and finally they drafted a WR... they drafted one Greg Jennings.

Fans were upset for weeks... we passed on Chad Jackson one of if not the most hyped WRs that year for some second tier WR only a few have heard of from the MAC... and only one good WR ever came from there... and he was freak of nature Randy Moss... Chad Jackson was that freak of nature and we passed on him for some Greg Jennings guy....

Great times Very Happy
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:

Yeah that was funky. TT got a great deal on that pick from BB. We had just traded our 2nd and 4th to move from 59th ro 51st.

There was something odd last year, with the price of trading up.

Consider the cost of the following trades:
Jacksonville moved from #7 to #5 for pick #101
Philadelphia moved from #15 to #12 for picks #114 and #172
New England moves from #31 to #25 for pick #126
Minnesota moves from #35 to #29 for pick #98.

That's four significant moves in the first round funded by fourth (and maybe a sixth) round picks. Something was going on here. Maybe fourth round picks are undervalued by the chart? Maybe teams were desperate to trade down? Maybe this is the new normal?
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No complaints out of the usual. Like the Guard pick-up, have one or two guys higher on my board but I could see them dropping, impressed with the trade up because it is entirely possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: