Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kris Durham - Your Expectations?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Kris Durham - Your Expectations? Reply with quote

A 2011 fourth round pick to Seattle, the Lions were reportedly interested in him, but drafted Titus Young and didn't need another receiver at the time. A 6'6 receiver who runs a 4.4. Roomed with Stafford in college and has been living with him since joining the Lions practice squad.

Quote:
"I think the carryover is that Kris Durham has probably caught more passes in practice than any other receiver that we've had because he's been out there practicing," coach Jim Schwartz said. "We went through about a month where Calvin (Johnson) barely practiced at all and we talked about Titus (Young) before, Titus wasn't practicing very much. Nate Burleson went down and Kris got a lot of Calvin's plays in practice."

Quote:
"We had very good grades on him coming out of college and he ended up going to Seattle, then when he was available, brought him in knowing that he was going to give us a receiver with size," offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. "We've got Calvin, but to be able to have a receiver six-five on the outside that can build speed down the field, I think gives us another dimension that we haven't had."

Link

He has since grown comfortable playing all three receiver (X, Y, and Z) positions and has experience playing opposite a star receiver and knows the role.

With the uncertainty of our receiving group (Burelson's age and contract/Youngs immaturity/Broyles ACL's) these last four games will be interesting as his growth and development will possibly impact the FO's decision and how they view Staffords ability to progress with "lesser" talent as the franchise QB. I don't expect any eye-popping numbers and only a few targets over the remainder of the season, but it'll be interesting to see how they use him and how he responds..

Thoughts?
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out party! Joins with Calvin to form.....Sugar and Spice!!! Very Happy
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
38andy38

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully his history with Stafford pays off. Little things like breaking routes off and tendencies could make this a pleasant surprise.

I jdoubt he will have a huge impact though as I suspect Stafford is now going to be on a mission to ensure Calvin breaks the yardage record.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not holding my breath but I hope he can show something in this last few games. He's the kind of receiver I want on the outside. Two big, red zone threat guys that can stretch a field on the outside and two zone busting shifty route runners in the middle with Burleson and eventually Broyles next year could be dangerous. I still think we would need to draft a guy maybe in the fifth or so for development in case Broyles doesn't fully recovery and obviously because Nate is on the decline.

Robiskie could even fill the role too he's a big guy on the outside but I think Durham has the better chance...

... But as I said, not holding my breath.
Tyler2015

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope him and Lance Long make the best of their opportunities for the rest of the season

daboyle250 on the sig^
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably fits right in, and proves how stupid it is to continually waste your top selections on WRs.
imyourGM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Probably fits right in, and proves how stupid it is to continually waste your top selections on WRs.
This.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets give him a shot. Like a few mentioned, if he works out it pretty much excludes Lions taking a top talent WR.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 catches, 13 yards, 3 drops. Crying or Very sad

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some feel it's necessary for us to get rid of one of the big three (Stafford, Calvin, Suh). Fine.

Step up Durham. Render Calvin irrelevant.

After all, draft position is irrelevant when it comes to WRs. Stafford shouldn't need Calvin, so lets move him and let Durham take over.

Solution.

Team Stylish
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Some feel it's necessary for us to get rid of one of the big three (Stafford, Calvin, Suh). Fine.

After all, draft position is irrelevant when it comes to WRs. Stafford shouldn't need Calvin, so lets move him and let Durham take over.

Solution.

o_o
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Solution.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but assuming for a second you're all being serious... if a receiver steps up good enough to render CJ irrelevant, we'd better hold on to him! Imagine the possibilities Shocked

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sarcasm aside, I've always felt big WR's is what Matt needs to maximize his production due to his erratic throwing style.

I could understand drafting a guy like Broyles to play in the slot, but drafting Titus to play on the outside made no sense to me.

I know we deemed BJ "paddle-hands", but when you look at how Matt used to put the ball in his hands, and remember how BJ's size allowed him to go up and get Stafford's highly-located passes........

Another WR of Bryant Johnson's size seems to make the most sense IMO. It just needs to be one that can actually catch the rock, instead of just swatting it down.

Kris Durham has the size and speed to be that player in our offense. Let's just see if he has the hands now.
imyourGM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Solution.
Draft position for wrs is relevant. We shouldn't be even of thinking of drafting one till atleast rd 3. Mayhew has had his chance at drafting a wr and so far it ain't working at all. You suggest to just keep on drafting them in high rds?? Now we are even drafting hurt wrs... holding this team back. Stafford don't need 1st and 2nd rd wrs to be great. Drafting this way has done nothing but set this franchise back and can I sayAGAIN! This is no different then Millen really. We gonna let this guy continue to draft rbs and wrs when he can't. Now look at all the holes we have on the team and wr is still one. This is crap and very upsetting. May be a big joke to you but not me or many others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: