Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Tragedy: LB Jerry Brown killed - Brent Jailed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
And here we go with D82 taking it too far as a mod.

Why can't we have geniune conversations without the threat of the thread being locked because of a few people?

I shouldn't be saying this because I'm not a mod, but its forum rules. He's not making the rules, just enforcing them

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

Why can't we have geniune conversations without the threat of the thread being locked because of a few people?

You can. However hoping someone has died has never led to a fruitful conversation. I think everyone can discuss the situation like adults - and if you can't and it starts deteriorating to the point where people are making incendiary comments or name calling, then that becomes an issue. The point of the site - and Webby's bottom line with his rules - is to generate discussion, not trash. There are hundreds of active football forums out there where there is little to no oversight and threads, and anyone who can't play ball here is encouraged to look elsewhere.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its hard to talk about right now. Its one of the saddest things you can imagine. You feel so badly for the people and the families involved, Robinson said. Its almost hard to put into words, how hard it is how tragic.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/cowboys-wr-coach-jimmy-robinson-on-brownbrent-tragedy-its-one-of-the-saddest-things-you-can-imagine.html/

Cowboy Players & Coaches will address the media tomorrow.

In Redball I Trust!
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
This is simply tragic..for Jerry Brown and his family and for Josh Brent. I will freely admit that in my younger days I went out and partied and more than once drove home after drinking more than I should have. I was lucky and never hurt myself or anyone else, but I certainly could have.

Many of us are fortunate enough to survive our mistakes without lasting scars or painful memories. I can't pass judgement on this kid and if you think you can you should probably examine your life a little more closely.

I feel horrible for all parties and families hurt by this tragedy...Just plain sad.

Ill also admit the same. In fact ill let you all know that i too have a DUI on my record. Poor life choice. Im not going to sit here and tell you I wasnt a total idiot or anything. I was a moron. The night i got pulled over I was at a party and i was going to be the DD. Later on in the night i was told that the kids parents werent coming home that night and we could stay overnight there. I decided to have a couple drinks. It wasnt much later and I was told his parents were on their way home after all. I should have called someone for a ride, but like the young dumb kid i was i thought "ive only had a couple." Drove home. I was two blocks from my house and I was pulled over.

I could care less if you guys judge me and tear me apart, but the difference from me and brent is I will NEVER do it again. I dont know how anyone drives drunk after getting caught once. I can honestly say that I am thankful i got pulled over that night. It changed my life drastically for the better. It opened up alot of my friends eyes as well to the consequences of driving after having a few drinks. Getting caught has bettered my life in so many ways I cant even begin to tell you. Obviously the money and all the other stuff that comes with it sucks majorly, but it all happens for a reason. Im just thankful that my friends and family were there to help me in any way they could and didnt pile on all the terrible negative comments you people are piling on top of brent. I hope the cowboys dont cut him right away, but do move on from him because he will obviously be facing a large amount of jail time. Nothing can change what happened. Get off his back. He made a terrible mistake, one that he will regret and carry with him to his grave. He is already dealing with a terrible amount of guilt and other consequences without you guys making it worse. Good luck brent wish you the best--i hope you all learn from the mistakes of others.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns went through the same thing with Donte Stallworth. Most did not want him on the team anymore and he never did play for us again. It is something you have to live with your whole life. I know I wouldn't want to.
He can still live a productive life though. These things affect many people.

R.I.P. Jerry Brown and I hope someday people close to you somehow find comfort.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Let's be clear on this. The man clearly didn't mean to do this. He is young, he made a mistake. The horror he'll have to live with for the rest of his life, is enough. This is the kind of event that changes someone. It would be inhumane for the Team to throw him out in his biggest time of need. He won't be cut, and he shouldnt. I find it hard to believe Brown was just an innocent bystander as well. While it is very sad, I'm sure Brown was also intoxicated. Its just a bad deal, that moved into the ultimate error.

My heart goes out to Brent and the families. Truly a sad thing.

People, remember one thing: this isn't the first time Brent has been arrested for drinking and driving. He was suspended from the Illinois football team for drinking and driving and crashing a car. He served 60 days in jail, was fined, and placed on 2 years' probation, so this isn't just poor judgment. It's now a pattern. It's quite clear that this man has a history of poor decisions, and thus is not worthy if sympathy. Only Jerry Brown is.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

if you have a problem with a MOD and don't like the way we run our forum, please, by all means PM Webby with your concern.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
Let's be clear on this. The man clearly didn't mean to do this. He is young, he made a mistake. The horror he'll have to live with for the rest of his life, is enough. This is the kind of event that changes someone. It would be inhumane for the Team to throw him out in his biggest time of need. He won't be cut, and he shouldnt. I find it hard to believe Brown was just an innocent bystander as well. While it is very sad, I'm sure Brown was also intoxicated. Its just a bad deal, that moved into the ultimate error.

People, remember one thing: this isn't the first time Brent has been arrested for drinking and driving. He was suspended from the Illinois football team for drinking and driving and crashing a car. He served 60 days in jail, was fined, and placed on 2 years' probation, so this isn't just poor judgment. It's now a pattern. It's quite clear that this man has a history of poor decisions, and thus is not worthy if sympathy. Only Jerry Brown is.

To an extent I agree with this. I do give them sympathy, because this is a horrible tragedy.. But knowing that he is a repeat offender makes this much more terrible.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

To an extent I agree with this. I do give them sympathy, because this is a horrible tragedy.. But knowing that he is a repeat offender makes this much more terrible.

Agreed. I know people that have been caught and continue to drink and drive. I do not like these people and will not feel sorry for them if they get caught again, but i wont go bashing their name if they kill someone. They will be dealing with enough the way it is. I dont see how anyone can come out of a crash like that, kill one of their friends, and not hate their life and themselves the way it is already without losing their job and having everyone talk bad about them. He will carry a heavy burden for the rest of his life, and in that aspect i feel sorry for him. RIP Jerry Brown
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
I dont know how anyone drives drunk after getting caught once.

Question is, why does it take being caught to learn the lesson? "Don't drive drunk" is pretty much driven into kids brains in driver's ed and on TV and commercials and such. I'm glad you (and folks like you who learn their lesson) smarten up, but as a society we shouldn't need to get pulled over or wreck our cars to understand something as simple as to not drive after drinking.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, how bout Lock this thread, its clearly not going anywhere. Amaze at some of these responses from these people. Brent did wrong, he will be punished, he will have to live with that/ So many on here so quit to make judgement amd come to the conclusion that he is an some evil person, That is all, Let it go all ready
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
This is a young man that made a terrible mistake. Im sure he feels absolutely terrible right now. I read one report that said Brent was trying to pull Jerry Brown out of the burning vehicle. He always seemed like a funny and good guy. Just because he makes a terrible mistake like this does not make him a turd. He is not some evil spawn of satan. He is human. He made a dumb decision. I think we can all admit that we make them from time to time. I have a cousin that had the same exact thing happen to him. He killed his fiance in the crash. This doesnt make him a bad person. He is a person that i consider to be a very high character guy. He just made a mistake one night. He really didnt have very much to drink, but it was too much obviously.

Drinking and driving is a terrible thing to do, but I cant believe you ppl are vilifying him like this. Ive seen these kind of things first hand and believe me he doesnt need anyone telling him what he did wrong and how big of a mistake it was. He already knows and feels like complete [inappropriate/removed] right now and there wont be a single day that passes in his life that he doesnt think about that night. He brought enough punishment and grief to himself. He doesnt need the team and fans putting more on him. He isnt just an nfl player, he is a person. Its just as much Jerry browns fault for getting in the car with him so stop acting like Brent killed this guy. People make mistakes. Everyone that hears about this story should take it to heart and apply it to their lives. I hope Brents family and friends dont act the way you guys are. Nobody can change what happened and he is already dealing with way more than you guys can imagine. I hope there are people in his corner helping him along the way and I wish him the best. Everyone please dont drink and drive.

This.

Everyone makes mistakes (some times more than once), including Jerry Brown, who I assume got into the vehicle with an impaired driver under his own will power. Reality is, as one already mentioned here..the truth is Brown is just as much at fault for his own death as Brent. Nobody made him get in the car.

Frankly, willingly getting in the car with a drunk driver is just as, if not more, stupid then getting behind the wheel to begin with.

There is no use in pouring blame on anyone. It is just a sad situation, everyone aware of it should learn from it.
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
Past Failures:
MathMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:
Team psychologist Jacqualene Stephens accompanied the Cowboys to Cincinnati. Players and coaches won't comment until after the game.

https://twitter.com/josh_ellis11/status/277557511387754498

I hope this can motivate the Cowboys to crush the Bengals. Win one for Brown.

Winning after a tragedy seems to be a very real occurance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our church, we had young man drive drunk and kill the wife and 3 kids of another person in the church. I won't lie... I balled like a baby when the husband and father forgave the 19 year old kid. He went to visit the kid while he was in jail more than the kids parents did. After 5 years in jail, this kid is now in his mid 20s and is trying to pick up the pieces. He has spoken in church publicly about the power of forgiveness. Trust me, In time, i hink all of us will come to have sympathy for Josh Brent. We will never agree with his decision. We will understand that his actions require justice. But, any of us that have ever necessitated seeking forgiveness from another will have sympathy for Josh Brent.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent speaks...

Quote:
Statement from josh Brent: I am devastated and filled with grief. Filled with grief for the loss of my close friend and teammateJerry Brown.

Quote:

More Brent from agent Peter Schaffer; I will live with this horrific and tragic loss every day for the rest of my life.

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/277618280280236032

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: