Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Tragedy: LB Jerry Brown killed - Brent Jailed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out that this wasn't Brent's first time getting arrested for alcohol. He was charged for drunk driving in college, plead guilty and spent 2 months in jail.

Forget the "he's young and we should support him" stuff, he needs to be cut by Monday

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
This is a young man that made a terrible mistake. Im sure he feels absolutely terrible right now. I read one report that said Brent was trying to pull Jerry Brown out of the burning vehicle. He always seemed like a funny and good guy. Just because he makes a terrible mistake like this does not make him a turd. He is not some evil spawn of satan. He is human. He made a dumb decision. I think we can all admit that we make them from time to time. I have a cousin that had the same exact thing happen to him. He killed his fiance in the crash. This doesnt make him a bad person. He is a person that i consider to be a very high character guy. He just made a mistake one night. He really didnt have very much to drink, but it was too much obviously.

Drinking and driving is a terrible thing to do, but I cant believe you ppl are vilifying him like this. Ive seen these kind of things first hand and believe me he doesnt need anyone telling him what he did wrong and how big of a mistake it was. He already knows and feels like complete [inappropriate/removed] right now and there wont be a single day that passes in his life that he doesnt think about that night. He brought enough punishment and grief to himself. He doesnt need the team and fans putting more on him. He isnt just an nfl player, he is a person. Its just as much Jerry browns fault for getting in the car with him so stop acting like Brent killed this guy. People make mistakes. Everyone that hears about this story should take it to heart and apply it to their lives. I hope Brents family and friends dont act the way you guys are. Nobody can change what happened and he is already dealing with way more than you guys can imagine. I hope there are people in his corner helping him along the way and I wish him the best. Everyone please dont drink and drive.

Drinking and driving is on my list of why not to talk to someone. Coincidentally, it's also on my list of why to let someone know they are a piece of trash.

I wish Brent died and the other guy lived.

I would never wish this on someone, but I'm willing to bet Brent feels this exact same way. For some reason, drunk drivers never die in these situations. He will eventually have to look Jerry Brown's family in the eyes and admit his mistake. Redeeming himself will be a long journey and who knows which direction his life will take now...

R.I.P. Jerry Brown

It's not just for some reason that the drunk driver never seems to die. Your body is less tense when you are intoxicated and can withstand more physical damage.
xjayex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
This is a young man that made a terrible mistake. Im sure he feels absolutely terrible right now. I read one report that said Brent was trying to pull Jerry Brown out of the burning vehicle. He always seemed like a funny and good guy. Just because he makes a terrible mistake like this does not make him a turd. He is not some evil spawn of satan. He is human. He made a dumb decision. I think we can all admit that we make them from time to time. I have a cousin that had the same exact thing happen to him. He killed his fiance in the crash. This doesnt make him a bad person. He is a person that i consider to be a very high character guy. He just made a mistake one night. He really didnt have very much to drink, but it was too much obviously.

Drinking and driving is a terrible thing to do, but I cant believe you ppl are vilifying him like this. Ive seen these kind of things first hand and believe me he doesnt need anyone telling him what he did wrong and how big of a mistake it was. He already knows and feels like complete [inappropriate/removed] right now and there wont be a single day that passes in his life that he doesnt think about that night. He brought enough punishment and grief to himself. He doesnt need the team and fans putting more on him. He isnt just an nfl player, he is a person. Its just as much Jerry browns fault for getting in the car with him so stop acting like Brent killed this guy. People make mistakes. Everyone that hears about this story should take it to heart and apply it to their lives. I hope Brents family and friends dont act the way you guys are. Nobody can change what happened and he is already dealing with way more than you guys can imagine. I hope there are people in his corner helping him along the way and I wish him the best. Everyone please dont drink and drive.

Drinking and driving is on my list of why not to talk to someone. Coincidentally, it's also on my list of why to let someone know they are a piece of trash.

Thats probably the most incompetent statement I've ever seen in this forum's history.

Says the guy that is glamorizing drinking and driving as a "mistake". People that drink and drive don't deserve to... do cool stuff.

A mistake is like "oops, I didn't carry the 1."
The decision to drive while drunk is a reflection of who they are.
Brent is a waste of flesh.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjayex wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Thats probably the most incompetent statement I've ever seen in this forum's history.

Says the guy that is glamorizing drinking and driving as a "mistake". People that drink and drive don't deserve to... do cool stuff.

You're a terrible person. You really are. I couldn't imagine the horror that poor kid is living now. Is drunk driving a stupid act? Absolutely.

You're treating him like he had a motive. Under the helmet is a human being, just like you. I'm sure he cared for Brown like a brother, and by no means should he be cleared of wrong doing for his error.

Go in a hole somewhere and stay away man. You don't deserve to have your thoughts read.

And by the way, Supreme Being, I'm a completely different person from the other one quoted.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

You're a terrible person. You really are. I couldn't imagine the horror that poor kid is living now. Is drunk driving a stupid act? Absolutely.

You're treating him like he had a motive. Under the helmet is a human being, just like you. I'm sure he cared for Brown like a brother, and by no means should he be cleared of wrong doing for his error.

Go in a hole somewhere and stay away man. You don't deserve to have your thoughts read.

And by the way, Supreme Being, I'm a completely different person from the other one quoted.

Sheesh. Cool it with the personal attacks.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Just found out that this wasn't Brent's first time getting arrested for alcohol. He was charged for drunk driving in college, plead guilty and spent 2 months in jail.

Forget the "he's young and we should support him" stuff, he needs to be cut by Monday

This isn't about Football. Its about the man. His previous issues are different because no one was harmed. This is his life changing event. Should it have to come to that?

No way.

But I'm sure the kid is hurting bad right now, and it wouldn't be right to abandon him.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Let's be clear on this. The man clearly didn't mean to do this. He is young, he made a mistake. The horror he'll have to live with for the rest of his life, is enough. This is the kind of event that changes someone. It would be inhumane for the Team to throw him out in his biggest time of need. He won't be cut, and he shouldnt. I find it hard to believe Brown was just an innocent bystander as well. While it is very sad, I'm sure Brown was also intoxicated. Its just a bad deal, that moved into the ultimate error.

My heart goes out to Brent and the families. Truly a sad thing.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to this kind of response. Brent shouldn't be allowed to take another snap for the Cowboys, but I definitely feel bad for him. I could never imagine killing a friend and having to live with it.

"I wish Brent had died" is going extremely far, but tbh Brent probably wishes he had died.

Last edited by matt79511 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Are you okay man? Seem on edge

ware94 wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
xjayex wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Sheesh. Cool it with the personal attacks.

green24, you're not a mod. In the future, if you see something like this...PM a mod and let us take care of it.

WW94, I understand this is a very tense and emotional topic for a lot of people, but let's not take our frustration out on other posters.

If we can't discuss this topic without resorting to insults being thrown around or making statements on who should or shouldn't have died, this thread will be locked.

^^^Deadpulse
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

This isn't about Football. Its about the man. His previous issues are different because no one was harmed. This is his life changing event. Should it have to come to that?

No way.

But I'm sure the kid is hurting bad right now, and it wouldn't be right to abandon him.

I would like to agree with you WW94 but I can't. I think it would be justified for him to be "abandoned" because he got busted for the EXACT same thing in college.

Got charged for drunk driving, plead guilty and did 2 months? Clearly he didn't learn his lesson the first time and now a man and a family has to pay for it. I don't feel sorry for him at all

ware94 wrote:

Last edited by Tony7188 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is simply tragic..for Jerry Brown and his family and for Josh Brent. I will freely admit that in my younger days I went out and partied and more than once drove home after drinking more than I should have. I was lucky and never hurt myself or anyone else, but I certainly could have.

Many of us are fortunate enough to survive our mistakes without lasting scars or painful memories. I can't pass judgement on this kid and if you think you can you should probably examine your life a little more closely.

I feel horrible for all parties and families hurt by this tragedy...Just plain sad.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here we go with D82 taking it too far as a mod.

Why can't we have geniune conversations without the threat of the thread being locked because of a few people?

ware94 wrote:
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen whether right or wrong we have all expressed opinions on this matter. I think now it is the time to focus on the enormity of this tragedy: one young man is dead, and another has had his life changed for the worse if not for ever then for a very long time. I am going to suggest that we digest what has happend and leave the conversations about what should or should not be the outcome of this tragedy until another time.

Something like this puts life, and the place that football has in it, into perspective.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The cowboys will look to bring in more grief counselors next week

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/277557653406883841

Quote:
Team psychologist Jacqualene Stephens accompanied the Cowboys to Cincinnati. Players and coaches won't comment until after the game.

https://twitter.com/josh_ellis11/status/277557511387754498

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Quote:
Team psychologist Jacqualene Stephens accompanied the Cowboys to Cincinnati. Players and coaches won't comment until after the game.

https://twitter.com/josh_ellis11/status/277557511387754498

I hope this can motivate the Cowboys to crush the Bengals. Win one for Brown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: