Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon and Greg Little
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

34 and 35 catches comes out to 3 catches a game. Not what I would call stunning numbers. I like Gordan's big play potential. Little still needs to show me more.

I've never like MoMass. He can't stay healthy, and really just isn't that good. If we go into next season with this same recieving corps and nothing else, I will be disappointed.

This team needs a solid veteran.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Ether wrote:
Our RB leads our team in receptions and our WRs are being hyped as dynamic....?

I can see the physical potential, but they still have a long way to go.

A lot of that is play calling and Weeden. I don't think that point is a justifiable criticism. There have been a dozen of replays that have been shown on broadcasts where receivers have been open and Weeden doesn't get them the ball.

We won't know if that's the case until that changes. I think Shurmur is a pretty bad play caller, but I wouldn't say that he's turning one of the best WR corps in the league into relative poor products on the field. I think that's a really bold thing to claim.
obby

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
34 and 35 catches comes out to 3 catches a game. Not what I would call stunning numbers. I like Gordan's big play potential. Little still needs to show me more.

I've never like MoMass. He can't stay healthy, and really just isn't that good. If we go into next season with this same recieving corps and nothing else, I will be disappointed.

This team needs a solid veteran.

In his defense he still had to get up to speed with NFL after not playing any football for awhile
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
Ether wrote:
Our RB leads our team in receptions and our WRs are being hyped as dynamic....?

I can see the physical potential, but they still have a long way to go.

A lot of that is play calling and Weeden. I don't think that point is a justifiable criticism. There have been a dozen of replays that have been shown on broadcasts where receivers have been open and Weeden doesn't get them the ball.

We won't know if that's the case until that changes. I think Shurmur is a pretty bad play caller, but I wouldn't say that he's turning one of the best WR corps in the league into relative poor products on the field. I think that's a really bold thing to claim.
Why is it bold? He runs the WCO, throwing to your HB is one of the most obvious traits of the WCO, especially the 1980's version of the WCO he seems so fond of. Couple that with the obvious, that Weeden isn't great at throwing anyone open, throwing vertical routes, throwing deep and outside the numbers, or finding the open receiever and there you have it. HB getting more catches than the WR's.

If you would like to make the argument that:
A. We don't like the safe throws
B. Weeden is reliable and accurate going down field
C. Weeden is reliable at finding the open WR

be my guest, but I'm just calling it like I see it. OBGYN is 5th on the team in receptions. It says a lot considering the limited amount of time he's on the field. Sure, it's usually passing situations, but still.

Oh, and when did I call them "one of the best WR corps in the league"? Pointing out why TRich leads the team in receptions is a long distance from that claim. I like our #1 and #2 options. I like MoMass if he wasn't so injury prone. I would be perfectly fine moving into next season with virtually the same WR's, although I can see MoMass and Cribbs being gone.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
I think Shurmur is a pretty bad play caller.

Playcalling is always bad after the first year. I've never really met a fan base that liked their OC for any long period of time. Remember how Chud was a genius, until he wasn't anymore? Or McDaniels, or Norv?

The number of times we've seen Weeds miss open receivers or missplace the ball on single coverage receivers makes me think we can put as muc of the blame on Weeden as Shurmur.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After todays game I am convinced I love these dudes and Flash is my favorite player.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Flash
42 REC
732 YD
17.43 YPC
5 TD

on pace for 900 YD

Str8up
39 REC
477 YD
12.23 YPC

on pace for 587 YD

Now str8up may not be a probowler ever, but he's certainly looked better lately. he looked great today. caught balls, you could tell he was excited. i've always liked him and i think he's going to be a guy you just want on your team. tough SOB.

Flash? Well, I think he's going to be the next Andre Johnson.

my post from my other thread that im going to ask to be locked
forgot about this guy
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This must be included

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Little just gets so excited it's funny how he just immediately punted the ball in the stands. I feel like that was just reactionary just because of how he didn't even hesitate and how unbelievably stupid it is.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
Greg Little just gets so excited it's funny how he just immediately punted the ball in the stands. I feel like that was just reactionary just because of how he didn't even hesitate and how unbelievably stupid it is.
Greg is a high energy guy, that imo you cna see loves the game of football, now does it make him do some dumb things yes, but I would rather have those dumb things due to passion rather than him not caring at all.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Ether wrote:
I think Shurmur is a pretty bad play caller.

Playcalling is always bad after the first year. I've never really met a fan base that liked their OC for any long period of time. Remember how Chud was a genius, until he wasn't anymore? Or McDaniels, or Norv?

The number of times we've seen Weeds miss open receivers or missplace the ball on single coverage receivers makes me think we can put as muc of the blame on Weeden as Shurmur.

I just think Shurmur's offense is heavily reliant on consistent QB play. His stock is going up in my mind, but our offense is pretty reliant on whether Weeden can execute. Recently he's made me interested in what that pair can do next year together, if Weeden can find some consistency. Even some of his good games he makes terrible decisions that end up working out because of lolDB hands. It's hard to argue that Shurmur is a bad coach when we've won 3 games in a row now.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Ether wrote:
Greg is a high energy guy, that imo you cna see loves the game of football, now does it make him do some dumb things yes, but I would rather have those dumb things due to passion rather than him not caring at all.

I think it's more funny than anything, at least it is when he's not dropping 4 passes a game. Love/Hate relationship with Little, mostly hate until recently.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:

Why is it bold? He runs the WCO, throwing to your HB is one of the most obvious traits of the WCO, especially the 1980's version of the WCO he seems so fond of. Couple that with the obvious, that Weeden isn't great at throwing anyone open, throwing vertical routes, throwing deep and outside the numbers, or finding the open receiever and there you have it. HB getting more catches than the WR's.

If you would like to make the argument that:
A. We don't like the safe throws
B. Weeden is reliable and accurate going down field
C. Weeden is reliable at finding the open WR

be my guest, but I'm just calling it like I see it. OBGYN is 5th on the team in receptions. It says a lot considering the limited amount of time he's on the field. Sure, it's usually passing situations, but still.

Oh, and when did I call them "one of the best WR corps in the league"? Pointing out why TRich leads the team in receptions is a long distance from that claim. I like our #1 and #2 options. I like MoMass if he wasn't so injury prone. I would be perfectly fine moving into next season with virtually the same WR's, although I can see MoMass and Cribbs being gone.

Man I just have so much euphoria from watching the Browns actually dominate a football game today I don't even feel like arguing and stuff right now.

If they keep playing like they have the last couple of games then sure whatevs they can be one of the best duos in the league. I don't know how long this will last.
kelbot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon ran an out route today that shows how far he has come. He planted on one foot and was out of his break instantly. Really impressive.

After he put some big plays on tape, cbs have been giving him more cushion. He has responded by improving his route running and taking what is there.

And hats off to Heckert on rebuilding this group. It's nice having 2 huge targets on the outside and speed in the slot.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 7 Receptions, 91 Yards (13.0 ypc), 1 TD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our WR group a lot. I feel the improved play from them has dramatically increased our offensive production. I don't really want to talk much about the stats and numbers, because it's going to take some time before a team as young as ours is firing on all cylinders.

Flash and Big are opening up a lot of Shurmur's playbook because they are starting to prove their value. I expect Shumur's creativity to fully emerge in the coming weeks. You need to be able to trust all of the guys around you, and when you have guys in the right place at the right time, then you start to be able to sharpen your focus on the task at hand. If these guys continue to execute the way they have been, then I believe you can expect better performance all around and consistency, including from the quarterback position which garners the responsibility of distributing the football. REPS REPS REPS and real game situations is what is improving this team on a week to week basis.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: