Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W14 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (11-1) vs. Carolina Panthers (3-9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Terrible game. Falcons didnt look motivated at all and they didnt look healthy either. I wish Mike Smith would sit guys if they arent 100%. But hopefully they will play for something next week.

We did sit guys. Namely William Moore and Asante Samuel. If they had played, no way this is the same game. We had Owens on their number 1 receiver who go no help from our backup strong safety. Go back and look at their 9 third down conversions. More that 50 % were on that matchup.

To those who are saying its over for a run...

What are you talking about? We play the Giants, Lions, and Bucs to close the season. With a healthy team (which is why we benched guys today) I think we can easily get hot and win out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Terrible game. Falcons didnt look motivated at all and they didnt look healthy either. I wish Mike Smith would sit guys if they arent 100%. But hopefully they will play for something next week.

We did sit guys. Namely William Moore and Asante Samuel. If they had played, no way this is the same game. We had Owens on their number 1 receiver who go no help from our backup strong safety. Go back and look at their 9 third down conversions. More that 50 % were on that matchup.

What are you talking about? We play the Giants, Lions, and Bucs to close the season. With a healthy team (which is why we benched guys today) I think we can easily get hot and win out.

I only care how hot we are during the playoffs. We were coming off a win in each of the last two playoff losses and the Saints were coming off a 3 game losing streak in their superbowl run so I really don't buy that "hot streak" stuff. I just want to beat New York, get home field advantage, and see our team finally come prepared for a playoff game and win.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
xxfalconfanxx20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Willthethrill_H wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

I only care how hot we are during the playoffs. We were coming off a win in each of the last two playoff losses and the Saints were coming off a 3 game losing streak in their superbowl run so I really don't buy that "hot streak" stuff. I just want to beat New York, get home field advantage, and see our team finally come prepared for a playoff game and win.

We had a week and a half to prepare for this game. I don't understand the not running up the score and the resting players mentality. We've let teams back in games time and time again. I'd rather have the team go out and know they can blow out teams like the patriots do. As far as rest goes-- Moore should have played today. Samuel needs the shoulder to get better for the playoff game(s). If we play like we did today next week against the Giants they're going to smack us around [again].

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: