Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haslam and the coaching staff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Haslam and the coaching staff Reply with quote

Im very worried about the future of the Browns if we start from scratch again. I truly believe that we are the houston texans from a year ago. We have all of the pieces and will be blessed with another top 10 player to add to the squad.

If we let this group gel and let Shurmur grow we will be in the playoffs if not next year, the year after.

<3 JF
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans from a year ago? The team that won a playoff game after their starting QB got hurt?
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
The Texans from a year ago? The team that won a playoff game after their starting QB got hurt?

Meant two years... Hell four years ago.

<3 JF
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Heckert Bandwagon and starting the climb onto the Shurmer one as well.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
DawgX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've brought up Kubiak and the Texans when talking about Shurmur. The Texans had talent but lacked experience but many Houston fans were calling for Kubiak's head. However, once they addressed the rest of their needs and the team gained experience, they started to win on a consistent basis. I'm not saying the same thing will happen with Pat Shurmur, but I think it's definitely possible. Not many head coaches would win on a consistent basis with such a young and inexperienced roster.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
I'm on the Heckert Bandwagon and starting the climb onto the Shurmer one as well.

Me too, at least for next year.

If this team regresses, no one will put up too much of a fight if Banner wants to scrap everything.

I think he'll have a hard time selling a replacement for Heckert and a mutiny on his hands if it's Lombardi.

This group deserves another year.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Me too, at least for next year.

If this team regresses, no one will put up too much of a fight if Banner wants to scrap everything.

I think he'll have a hard time selling a replacement for Heckert and a mutiny on his hands if it's Lombardi.

This group deserves another year.

Agree that they deserve another year, but if it's deemed that this group can't get us to the Super Bowl then I'm fine hiring the right guys who will.

I'd imagine Lombardi is not one of those guys since he is (and has been) out of the NFL ranks and isn't credited with helping to lead a team to a championship.

The offense looks a lot smoother over the last few weeks, even though Weeden holds on to the ball too long. I don't want a major departure from what we have in place now, but I'm not going to join some of you in an uproar if Heckert and Shurmur are let go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: