Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Viable Coaching Candidates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48535
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Wisenhunt will probably get fired, he would be a decent OC hire. I have always liked his kind of offenses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milanb


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 6177
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Frazier just got a vote of confidence from Zygi. Usually that's the kiss of death for a coach, but in this case it sounds more like an affirmation of a job well done.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/182761721.html?refer=y
_________________

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 6597
Location: University of Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Cameron was just let go by the Ravens, per Adam Schefter.

Would anyone here be interested in him as a potential OC? I'd rather have Norv Turner, but I would think Cameron would be an upgrade over what we have now. Although Musgrave hasn't been doing that bad of a job the past couple games, imo.
_________________



Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48535
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
Cam Cameron was just let go by the Ravens, per Adam Schefter.

Would anyone here be interested in him as a potential OC? I'd rather have Norv Turner, but I would think Cameron would be an upgrade over what we have now. Although Musgrave hasn't been doing that bad of a job the past couple games, imo.


Heck no, Ravens fans have constantly complained about cameron not opening up the offense over the years. Flacco also hasnt progressed as planned in his offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bodysuit Man


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 741
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:


Mark Richt - Georgia
Will Muschamp - Florida
Brian Kelly - ND
Kevin Sumlin - TAMA
Chris Petersen - Boise State
Chip Kelly - Oregon
Mike Gundy - Oklahoma State
Dabo Swinney - Clemson
David Shaw - Stanford
Jimbo Fisher - Florida State
Art Briles - Baylor
Pat Fitzgerald - Northwestern
Paul Rhoads - Iowa State
Bill O'Brien - Penn State


There's the next college guy to go pro. Took over for Harbaugh at Stanford and they didn't skip a beat. Losing Andrew Luck should have made them stumble, but even after poor QB play and replacing the starter, they barely lost 2 games.
_________________
Confucius Say: To make a long story short, don't tell it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14661
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Ken Wisenhunt will probably get fired, he would be a decent OC hire. I have always liked his kind of offenses.

Could be a good option. Power running was a big thing in Pittsburgh for his years there, and his passing scheme looks has looked pretty creative(when he's had a good QB). That may have been more on Todd Haley though.
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
[UMN]


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 13302
Location: Desolation Row
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the win against CHI I don't think Leslie will be fired unless something truly terrible happens in the last 3 weeks.

I would like to see Musgrave stick around, but hire a passing game coordinator to help design the passing game.
_________________
From the fool’s gold mouthpiece the hollow horn,
Plays wasted words, proves to warn,
That he not busy being born is busy dying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14661
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I would like to see Musgrave stick around, but hire a passing game coordinator to help design the passing game.

Has something like that been done before elsewhere in the league?
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
[UMN]


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 13302
Location: Desolation Row
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
I would like to see Musgrave stick around, but hire a passing game coordinator to help design the passing game.

Has something like that been done before elsewhere in the league?

yes, I know multiple teams have a passing game coordinator. Off the top of my head I know the Cowboys do/did, and I believe the Saints as well.
_________________
From the fool’s gold mouthpiece the hollow horn,
Plays wasted words, proves to warn,
That he not busy being born is busy dying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7995
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Ken Wisenhunt will probably get fired, he would be a decent OC hire. I have always liked his kind of offenses.

Could be a good option. Power running was a big thing in Pittsburgh for his years there, and his passing scheme looks has looked pretty creative(when he's had a good QB). That may have been more on Todd Haley though.


I agree. Frazier wants a guy who will implement a run based offense. I also like that the Cards spread out there receivers in a spread look. Ponder seems to do better out of those formations as opposed to the traditional 21 look.
_________________

Maxx Williams For Mackey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freakout


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 3109
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish we ran more quick slants. That is the one pass that I trust Ponder to complete. We ran it way more when Childress and Bevell was here.

I know Musgrave said that he would be running a version of the WCO but I see very little WCO. We seem to run 3 routes. TE or slot receiver into the flat, quick out to slot receiver behind the line of scrimmage, or a post route to whoever is at split end.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7995
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I actually think Josh McDaniels might be a good option in Minnesota...

He is one of the elite offensive minds in the NFL, he just clearly does not understand roster management. On a team with a true GM who can handle all the roster moves and McDaniels can focus on X's and O's, I think he could be very successful.


It's still early in the game but I like McDaniels playcalling so far. Wouldn't mind giving him a second chance as a HC.
_________________

Maxx Williams For Mackey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple Faithful


Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 2777
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Darrel Bevell? He's a genius with what he's done in Seattle with Russell Wilson. Very Happy

maybe it's our personnel and the guy doing the drafting?
_________________
Would Wilf please fire Spielman already?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48535
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
I actually think Josh McDaniels might be a good option in Minnesota...

He is one of the elite offensive minds in the NFL, he just clearly does not understand roster management. On a team with a true GM who can handle all the roster moves and McDaniels can focus on X's and O's, I think he could be very successful.


It's still early in the game but I like McDaniels playcalling so far. Wouldn't mind giving him a second chance as a HC.


No to McDaniels. If he has things his way, he will ditch all receiving TEs and replace them with blocking TEs. That is his true system if he has it his way. Say goodbye to Kyle Rudolph. McDaniels isnt a bad offensive mind, but he is still too young to be a HC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 26406
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetical, all coaches keep their jobs, but Frazier is permitted to bring in a "passing game" coordinator. Who would your ideal guy be? Who would fit the bill?

Norv Turner would be an obvious choice as he's coached several good passing teams in his time in SD, but he will likely get a full-time gig somewhere else.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group