Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Viable Coaching Candidates?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Josh McDaniels might be a good option in Minnesota...

He is one of the elite offensive minds in the NFL, he just clearly does not understand roster management. On a team with a true GM who can handle all the roster moves and McDaniels can focus on X's and O's, I think he could be very successful.
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I actually think Josh McDaniels might be a good option in Minnesota...

He is one of the elite offensive minds in the NFL, he just clearly does not understand roster management. On a team with a true GM who can handle all the roster moves and McDaniels can focus on X's and O's, I think he could be very successful.

Do not get Uncle Buck excited. A McDaniels / Tebow reunion!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How likely is Frazier to be released? Where the first 5 games enough to save him or will these next 4 games decide his fate.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
How likely is Frazier to be released? Where the first 5 games enough to save him or will these next 4 games decide his fate.

I think if we lose out he is gone. especially after blowing a 14-0 lead in this game.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:

Now that we have beated Chicago, I think he's safe. I can't say the same for Musgrave however.

Any chance Musgrave is relieved of his coordinator duties, but retained as the quarterbacks coach?

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:

Now that we have beated Chicago, I think he's safe. I can't say the same for Musgrave however.

Any chance Musgrave is relieved of his coordinator duties, but retained as the quarterbacks coach?

Why as qb coach? That seems to be the weakness.

Frazier is safe now.
this providence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't understand the rush to get rid of Musgrave. It's pretty damn clear they don't have faith in the QB to function in a full offense. Meanwhile, Adrian is having his best season to date and Percy was well on his way to do the same prior to the injury.

Vitriol from some is very much misplaced.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Agreed.

It is hard to blame the OC when the QB and WR's are both incompetent.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
^^ Agreed.

That's his job. To make them better. Is he doing that? It's easy to be the OC when you have great players. You learn a lot about coaches in situations like this. What did he do today to make you think he can design an offense?
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
^^ Agreed.

Because when I watch the plays and see wide receivers running routes directly on top of each other, wide receivers running routes that bunch them up in the middle of the field, instead of spreading out. I have to question the design of the passing plays. Maybe the answer is finding a passing game coordinator, to help Musgrave.

How long is George Stewart going to keep his job? This guy has been the receivers coach for 6 years now, and, other than 2009, our receivers have been nothing but a problem. Have any receivers developed under him?

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
this providence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
^^ Agreed.

That's his job. To make them better. Is he doing that? It's easy to be the OC when you have great players. You learn a lot about coaches in situations like this. What did he do today to make you think he can design an offense?

At this point, I don't think anybody knows what exactly Ponder can perform well at a NFL level. Given that and a poor WR grouping that's laid out in front of him, that's an extremely tough task.

I'd venture a guess that at this point more than 3/4ths off the offense is completely thrown out given Harvin is down for the year and Ponder's complete inability to throw an accurate ball to any part of the field over 15 yards. You can say Musgrave has to find something that needs to work out; to me he's doing the only real viable thing he can. Hand the ball off to Adrian.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
How long is George Stewart going to keep his job? This guy has been the receivers coach for 6 years now, and, other than 2009, our receivers have been nothing but a problem. Have any receivers developed under him?

Percy Harvin.
Sidney Rice.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

Percy Harvin.
Sidney Rice.

Both were high picks and extremely talented players, with higher expectations. Was it Stewart's efforts that developed these two or are they simply just good players.
this providence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Klomp wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

Percy Harvin.
Sidney Rice.

Both were high picks and extremely talented players, with higher expectations. Was it Stewart's efforts that developed these two or are they simply just good players.

Similarly, beyond that he's had nothing but the bottom of the barrel.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

Percy Harvin.
Sidney Rice.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Rice improved dramatically once he began working out with Larry Fitzgerald in the offseason.

And can you honestly say that Harvin has developed? What does Harvin do now, that he didn't do when he got into the league? Harvin was a weapon when he got in the league and he's still a weapon, but has he improved as a receiver?

We haven't exactly used many draft picks on receivers, but when you go around the league and look at a number of teams that find receivers in the late rounds and develop them. These receivers are then at least competent enough and capable enough to run a route, catch a pass, and provide something of use. Can you say the same about the receivers we've drafted in the later rounds?

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: