Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th Annual Rock's Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think?
We're going to the superbowl!
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Are you Giants fan?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Donkey Kong is the greatest videogame of all time!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Real Men Love Big Booty B's
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
This mock sucks....but I wuv you <3
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Why dont you take this mock, print it out, out it in an envelope, stamp it and THEN SHOVE IT UP YOUR BUTT CAUSE IT SUCKS!
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Rock_#5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: 4th Annual Rock's Mock Reply with quote

Farewell Andy
Eagles finish 3-13 and with that awful record comes an end to one of the greatest coaches in Eagles history, farewell Andy. He gave us hope of contention every single season and all though he failed to deliver a superbowl, he has brought the Eagles franchise into new heights and I thank him for that.

My Assessment of the Team

Offense: I think our offense was awful this season not just due to injury but also predictability as well. Teams knew Vick has trouble adjusting to the blitz. My biggest grief was that we didnt utilize our best player, Lesean McCoy. I dont believe O-Line is a big need considering we get Peters,Kelce, and Herremens back next season.

Defense: I believe the reason our defense failed was due to the lack of pressure the wide 9 generated, our safeties biting on every fake, and our D-Line coach being a dumba$$. Our defense is still one of the most talented groups in the league, with a quality coordinator and a few more additions we can make it much better.

Special Teams: Alex Henery is a stud and Demaris Johnson looked great on that return.

Head Coach

Rick Dennison - For 14 years we have been calling for our offense to run the ball more, that will all change with Dennison. In Houston right now he runs one of the best running attacks in the entire NFL despite having a TOP 3 WR and a TOP 10 QB. Our best player is Lesean McCoy and Dennison will make sure he is used!

Offensive Coordinator

Jeremy Bates - He worked under Rick in Denver as EaglesFan5-36-81 stated in his mock so he will be helping Rick install his new power run offense.

Defensive Coordinator

Ron Rivera - Dennison brings in a very talented D-Cor to help him convert this extremely talented but under performing group into a Top 5 defense.

CUTS

Michael Vick
Demetress Bell

Paycuts

Jason Peters and Nnamdi Asomugha both take 2 Million dollar paycuts for this season.

With the release's and re-structured deals we have a total off $ 34 million in cap space

Resignings

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie-CB Resigned for $35 million/5 years

-DRC is one of the best athletes in the league, however this season he has the most penalties at CB position. He's very gifted and also very young, so we give him a back loaded contract with an average of 7 million per year and he agrees to stay with us.

Eagles also resign:
RG Jake Scott to a 2 year deal worth $5.4 million: Solid RG who will start next season for us/
LT King Dunlap to a 2 year deal worth $3.6 million:He's a good back-up,who can start when needed.
LB Akeem Jordan to 3 year deal worth $4 million: He's a solid backer and is very good on ST's as well.
LS Jon Dorenbos to a 3 year deal worth $1.2 million: Best player at his position.

-With the re-signings we now have $21 million in cap space

Free Agency

SS Louis Delmas-5'11/202 lbs $30 million/ 5 years

-Delmas is exactly the type of player we need on our team, he plays with a ferocious attitude on the field and the only reason we're able to pry him away from Detroit is because they wont give him a long term deal with his injury history.

DT Terrance Knighton-6'3/330 lbs $13 million over 4 years

-He is a big dude that will rotate with Mike Patterson and help Fletcher get 1 on 1 matchups. He is a space eater and will require a double team due to his incredible size

$13 million remaining in cap space

THE NFL DRAFT

We finish 3-13 and end up with the 3rd overall pick.

Round 1, Pick 3, The Philadelphia Eagles select...

Matt Barkley, QB, USC, 6'2/230 lbs

-Bates has coached Barkley and knows what kind of potential this kid really has. Barkley is incredibly accurate in the short to intermediate passing game, he has an incredibly high football IQ, and is a great leader. He is very efficient when rolling out to the right and throwing on the run, he can make all the throws on the football field but he needs to improve his deep ball accuracy. Whenever a new coach has a chance to draft a young QB they do, I think Dennison will do the same.

Round 2, Pick 3, The Eagles select...

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame, 6'5/253 lbs

-Eifert is a perfect fit for our new offense which will utilize the TE more than ever. We'll be using a lot of 2 TE sets and Tyler will get to play right away, he is an amazing receiving threat but is also a very improved blocker. He will be a great option in the redzone cause the kid has amazing ball skills.

Round 3, Pick 3, The Eagles select...

-Brown is a fluid and explosive athlete with very good range to be effective against both the run and the pass. Brown top instincts to sniff out the play and is quick to react, rarely missing tackles when he's in the area. He is undersized with short arms and lacks the growth potential to get much bigger, but he does a nice job avoiding and fighting through blocks. Brown will need to answer some maturity concerns, but he's very talented.

Round 4, Pick 3, The Eagles select...

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn, 6'1/194 lbs

-Wreh-Wilson's certainly shown the flashes of being an intriguing prospect, possessing not only the physical characteristics scouts are looking for but also a flair for the dramatic. Not only has he already tied a school record by returning two of his seven career interceptions for touchdowns. He's a very gifted athlete whose been hurt by injuries. We draft because he can come in and win the back-up job on the outside.

Round 5, Pick 3, Eagles select...

Xavier Nixon, OL, Florida, 6'5/314 lbs

-Nixon is blessed with a naturally large frame (including long arms and a tapered build) but is inconsistent in his get-off at the snap and has a tendency to bend at the waist, resulting in his often losing out in the leverage battle against lesser-talented opponents. That's why he'll be playing guard for us, and give us depth inside.

Round 6, Pick 3, Eagles select...

Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina, 6'6/274 lbs

-Taylor is a physically gifted athlete. Unfortunately, due to his high-cut frame, he's also stiff, struggling with the flexibility necessary to turn the corner efficiently when he does cross the line. His terrific speed allows him to chase down ball-carriers and make flashy plays but too often Taylor is eluded in short spaces. The fact that Taylor plays a physical brand of football and has such long, powerful arms, however, help him make tackles when, frankly, the rest of his body remains in poor position to do so.

Round 7, Pick 3, Eagles select...

Ray Ray Armstrong, Safety, Faulkner State, 6'4/225 lbs

-We take a flyer on this gifted athlete who hasnt played much due to violation of NCAA and NAIA rules.

Depth Chart:

QB: Matt Barkley-Nick Foles-Trent Edwards
RB: Lesean McCoy-Bryce Brown-Dion Lewis
FB: Stanely Havili
WR1: Desean Jackson-Damaris Johnson
TE: Brent Celek-Tyler Eifert-Clay Harbor
LT: Jason Peters-King Dunlap
LG: Evan Mathis-Xavier Nixon
C: Jason Kelce-Dallas Reynolds
RG: Jake Scott-Danny Watkins
RT: Todd Herremans-Dennis Kelly
Slot: Jason Avant
WR2: Jeremy Maclin-Riley Cooper

RE: Trent Cole-Vinny Curry-Phillip Hunt
DT: Mike Patterson-Terrance Knighton
DT: Fletcher Cox-Cedric Thornton
LE: Brandon Graham-Darryl Tapp-Devin Taylor
SAM: Mychal Kendricks-Jamar Chaney
MIKE: Demeco Ryans-Casey Mathews
WILL: Akeem Jordan-Arthur Brown
CB1: Nnamdi Asomugha-Brandon Hughes-Curts Marsh
Nickel: Brandon Boykin
FS: Nate Allen, Ray Ray Armstrong
SS: Louis Delmas, Kurt Coleman
CB2: DRC-Blidi Wreh Wilson

K: Alex Henery
P: Matt McBriar

What the Eagles achieved
-We hired a coaching staff that is willing to run the ball
-Our defense will have an experienced coordinator for the firs time since JJ
-We resigned DRC, and locked down the CB position
-We brought in a very physical safety who can play in the box and let Nate go back to being a Center fielder.
-Brought in Terrence Knighton who will help free up Fletcher.
-Drafted a Franchise QB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly just respondong for a couple things:

1. I really like your coaching staff. Dennison is not my first choice for a head coach, but I wouldn't be mad about it. However, you picked the coordinators I would absolutely want if the Eagles were to bring in a HC with an offensive background.

2. You cap numbers are a mess. With the cuts and restructures you suggest, the Eagles would have nowhere near 34m in space. Remember, the Eagles will be starting off (before any moves at all are made) at around a -14m cap deficit.

Vick gives you back 17.9m - 4.2m (prorated bonus) = 13.7m. Bell gives you back 9.6m. And add 4m for those restructures. That is something like 28.3m in savings toward the cap. Take off the 14m (ish) and that puts you at roughly 14.3m before any re-signings. Also don't forget you have to leave around 5-6m open for the draft pool.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your coaching staff is pretty awesome, looks familiar.

I'm not sure I want anyone in this secondary back starting, you bring back 2 of them, hate that.

Delmas' body is breaking down, he's the one big name safety I don't want to invest in. His body is breaking down Bob Sanders like.

Barkley blows.

I like Eiffert and Brown, although in Brown's case I think we need a true SAM and kick Kendricks to the weakside.

Wreh-Wilson will be a second round pick. A lot of scouts are calling him the third best corner in the class. I have him neck and neck with Poyer for second (Banks is my #1, Millner is overrated). He'll be gone in the 4th barring injury.

I like Nixon as a developmental OT.

I like Taylor.

Not a fan of Armstrong, but worth the risk in the 7th.

Overall not a fan personally, like some picks, but the Wreh-Wilson one in particular is unlikely IMO.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley!

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting mock, you pretty much just added to what's already here hoping that the new coaching staff can get these guys to stop being soft quitters. I personally would much rather see much more new faces on both sides of the ball.
I just noticed a major flaw, you didn't add to the offensive line until the 5th round. That's a terrible decision.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Barkley at 3 is a joke right? Dude blows.

Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Ra Boogie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch Barkley with Manti Te'o or Luke Joeckel and this would be dream come true

"I perform like Mike anyone, Tyson, Jordan, Jackson...."
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Mainly just respondong for a couple things:

1. I really like your coaching staff. Dennison is not my first choice for a head coach, but I wouldn't be mad about it. However, you picked the coordinators I would absolutely want if the Eagles were to bring in a HC with an offensive background.

2. You cap numbers are a mess. With the cuts and restructures you suggest, the Eagles would have nowhere near 34m in space. Remember, the Eagles will be starting off (before any moves at all are made) at around a -14m cap deficit.

Vick gives you back 17.9m - 4.2m (prorated bonus) = 13.7m. Bell gives you back 9.6m. And add 4m for those restructures. That is something like 28.3m in savings toward the cap. Take off the 14m (ish) and that puts you at roughly 14.3m before any re-signings. Also don't forget you have to leave around 5-6m open for the draft pool.

WOW I was way off about the cap numbers, I'll try to have that fixed.

Glad you liked the coaching staff, I'm hoping we can grab these guys. I really love the offense Dennison runs in Houston.

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Your coaching staff is pretty awesome, looks familiar.

I'm not sure I want anyone in this secondary back starting, you bring back 2 of them, hate that.

Delmas' body is breaking down, he's the one big name safety I don't want to invest in. His body is breaking down Bob Sanders like.

Barkley blows.

I like Eiffert and Brown, although in Brown's case I think we need a true SAM and kick Kendricks to the weakside.

Wreh-Wilson will be a second round pick. A lot of scouts are calling him the third best corner in the class. I have him neck and neck with Poyer for second (Banks is my #1, Millner is overrated). He'll be gone in the 4th barring injury.

I like Taylor.

Overall not a fan personally, like some picks, but the Wreh-Wilson one in particular is unlikely IMO.

I was gonna hire a different, offensive coordinator but then I saw you hire Bates and the history he has with Dennison and even Barkley made me want to get him even more.

I Brought back DRC because I still believe he is gifted enough to be a top notch corner.

I agree with Delmas, but when Healthy this guy is a baller. He plays with great tenacity and would be a great strong safety for us(When Healthy)

I know a lot of people here and everywhere hate Barkley but here's my reasoning against it. ( Even my boy Phire Sadly)
ninjapirate wrote:
Matt Barkley at 3 is a joke right? Dude blows.

Phire wrote:
Barkley!

I really believe he is a franchise QB type guy and if we grab an offensive coach like Dennison or Greg Roman, they're gonna grab a rookie QB because it gives them a longer window as a head coach. People will always give them a pass saying that they have a "rookie passer" under the center.

I've been watching Barkley as a freshmen, he's gotten better every year. I know people always say he plays on a loaded team(He has great receivers) but the composure he displayed under pressure was tremendous.

I've watch Geno Smith as well, but aside from having the gaudy stats and strong arm I dont see much else. He reminds me a lot of McNabb without the mobility though. He never pulls the trigger on tight window throws and he's not very good at throwing the receiver open either.

Quote:
I know a lot of guys here dont like him, but he's my favorite prospect in the 2013 NFL Draft.

First of all let's see what some of the "Experts" say about him:

Quote:
Mobile, accurate and, perhaps most importantly to success in the NFL -- incredibly poised

Quote:
When breaking down Barkley it is clear he does so many of the "little" things well, like rolling either to his left or right and consistently firing accurate passes on the move or freezing the safeties by looking one direction and passing the other.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664140

Quote:
Barkley is an extremely well-developed passer with good anticipation and field vision. He is a smart quarterback who is adept at reading defenses and knowing where to go with the ball. Barkley has been prepared well for the NFL as he has operates a pro-style West Coast offense

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mbarkley.php

Now Barkley isnt Andrew Luck or RG3, by that I mean a cant miss prospect. To be fair though, Luck and Griffin both are two of the best QB's to come out in the past five years.

Barkley is a very smart kid whose 6'2, 220 lbs. He's a an accurate passer with above average arm strength. The thing that makes Barkley special is his poise and understanding of the game.

He's a great leader, can definitely be the face of the franchise.

Positives:
+Very Accurate
+Gets the Ball Out/Understands Blitz Reads
+Great Leader
+Great College Career
+Does the "Little" things right
+Can throw on the run
+Owns and knows how to use a Sword.
+Has good zip inside the hashes.
+Played in a Pro-Style Offense
+Good in the clutch

Negatives:
-Played on a stacked USC Team
-Isnt the biggest QB
-Lacks zip on throws outside the hash(That was one concern with Luck too)
-Tends to float the deepball
-Deep accuracy is below average

Barkley does not have a weak arm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-I9cny_4ac

He reminds me of a shorter Matt Ryan but with a slightly stronger arm. I believe he's one guy we can build around. His weaknesses can all be improved due to his great work ethic.

He's not a project QB, He's one of the most NFL ready players in this draft.

Barkley's one of those rare player's who has a high floor as well as a high ceiling. He's been a dominant QB in college, and in a few years I see him being a top QB in the NFL. hopefully for our Eagles.

I know Ninja hates me right now haha

Eifert would fit in well with Dennison's offense, I actually like Mychal at SAM cause he's been the best one I've seen in over 6-7 years(On the eagles of course) I would bring Brown as a backup will because I love the way he's always around the ball.

As for Wreh-Wilson I was using CBS and NFL Draft 101 to determine his draft status, They both had him where I have him going but due to him blowing up the combine and killing the Senior Bowl.

Quote:

I like Taylor.

Thank you and I appreciate the help bud as always!
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Interesting mock, you pretty much just added to what's already here hoping that the new coaching staff can get these guys to stop being soft quitters. I personally would much rather see much more new faces on both sides of the ball.
I just noticed a major flaw, you didn't add to the offensive line until the 5th round. That's a terrible decision.

I believe with Peters getting 16 months off and Kelce and Todd coming back we would pretty much regain the same O-Line we had in 2011 which was pretty damn good. But I can def see us going O-Line early in the draft.

Ra Boogie wrote:
Switch Barkley with Manti Te'o or Luke Joeckel and this would be dream come true

I really like Te'o as well but Demeco flat out killed it this year and I want to see him in Eagle green!

I didnt go Joeckel because I believe Peters will be back to his old self since he's had plenty of time to recover, and I would be against grabbing a guy like Joeckel and putting him on the bench.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting mock Rock.

Not a massive fan with the Head Coach though I do like the coordinators.

Don't like the signing of DRC

Free agency signings are ok

Barkley I like, but not at third overall. However, I feel he'll be overdrafted.

Rest of the draft is ok.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Interesting mock Rock.

Rest of the draft is ok.

Thanks for comment Marky.

Is there a particular reason you dont like Dennison or you just dont think he's a good fit with our team?

I know DRC hasnt been very good lately but I dont think it's the fault of our CB's. This defense has made an All Pro CB like Nnamdi look merely good, while it has made DRC look even worse. I believe once we get a qualified coordinator and move Nate back to Centerfield, it'll vastly improve our CB play.

My original idea was to trade back but I couldnt see a possible trade partner, so I took Barkley at 3.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Interesting mock Rock.

Rest of the draft is ok.

Thanks for comment Marky.

Is there a particular reason you dont like Dennison or you just dont think he's a good fit with our team?

I know DRC hasnt been very good lately but I dont think it's the fault of our CB's. This defense has made an All Pro CB like Nnamdi look merely good, while it has made DRC look even worse. I believe once we get a qualified coordinator and move Nate back to Centerfield, it'll vastly improve our CB play.

My original idea was to trade back but I couldnt see a possible trade partner, so I took Barkley at 3.

Dennison I see as a very good positional coach, but he's just that. I could see him having a similar head coaching success as Mike Munchak.

DRC should be a gonna. The way he got embarrassed by Bryant was the final nail in the coffin.

On Barkley, suppose that's ok. I also think that if you need a franchise QB and you think there is one sitting there then you take him, no questions asked.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Bryant drove him back on the that TD was disheartening but I think DRC and our defense as a whole will be better without the wide nine.

I dont get the "Munchak" feeling from Dennison, he reminds me more of Shannahan and I really like the offense Shanny used to run in Denver.

I thought you were on the Barkley bandwagon with me! I remember cause there's only a handful of us haha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley? LMAO really? Where you been bruh?

Might as well take a guard.. haha..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Barkley? LMAO really? Where you been bruh?

Might as well take a guard.. haha..

LOL I just see him being a very good QB at the next level, I would like it if drafted Joeckel or Star too, those two can flat out ball! Especially pairing up Star with Fletch would give us a nasty D-Line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: