Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins complain about Pats running same play
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Dolphins complain about Pats running same play Reply with quote

At first I thought this was from the Onion but apparently the Dolphins are actually upset that the Pats ran the same play over and over again and were succesful. Dolphins players called it disrespectful. I think it's disrespectful to their fans, the NFL and the game of football that just because they couldnt' stop the Pats, a dominant running game every week, from running out the clock despite the fact that they essentially knew where they were running.

Quote:
Quote:
"It really (ticked) me off," reserve tackle Tony McDaniel said, according to The Palm Beach Post. "It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107356/article/dolphins-players-upset-patriots-repeated-same-play

What's your take FFNation? Disrespectful to run the same play or should the Dolphins players just eat their humble pie in silence?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is another case of poor use of a buzzword. He probably meant something more along the line of demoralizing. I say this because he says, "and be successful." That's a show of admiration.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think this is another case of poor use of a buzzword. He probably meant something more along the line of demoralizing. I say this because he says, "and be successful." That's a show of admiration.

LOL no part of that quote is admiration, I hope you were being sarcastic.....as for running the same play, shut your mouth and defend it, thats my take
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those players sound so stupid.

Quote:
Last Sunday, the Pats killed the clock in the fourth quarter with a 16-play drive that included 13 running plays. Six of the running plays came through the same hole. And the Dolphins donít like that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/dolphins-see-disrespect-in-pats-running-same-play-over-and-over/

If you allow the Pats to keep running it up the same hole, that's on you. Good teams adjust, they don't complain.

Mack on the sig

Last edited by PatriotsWin! on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

LOL no part of that quote is admiration, I hope you were being sarcastic.....as for running the same play, shut your mouth and defend it, thats my take

So you think he actually finds it disrespectful to do anything successfully? Unless he is a complete moron, and who knows maybe he is, he is either embarrassed that they couldn't stop it and/or he respects their ability to do it. Makes no sense that anyone would expect their opponent to not do something that works.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not newsworthy, but it is lulzy as hell.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's embarrassing that the Dolphins couldn't stop the same play over and over but to whine about it makes them look even more pathetic. They really come off as complainers and the Pats absolutely did nothing disrespectful. One of the dumbest quotes of the year so far.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So players cry when the Pats throw the ball around when they are up big when they should be running. And now when they are running, they shouldnt be running the same play. Seems like many like the complain about the Pats for no reason.
NS922

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodell should fine them for being too good!

#JDI
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title and post are misleading since it was only McDaniel's that called it disrespectful.

Starks agreed but said that he would do the same, not sure that's much of an agreement though.

McDaniel should have just kept quiet.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Title and post are misleading since it was only McDaniel's that called it disrespectful.

Starks agreed but said that he would do the same, not sure that's much of an agreement though.

McDaniel should have just kept quiet.

McDaniel wouldn't fit in the title line, sorry
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one else wants to give him the benefit of the doubt and not assume he said the most idiotic thing ever? You do know pro athletes misuse words sometimes and when read instead of heard get misinterpreted?

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
No one else wants to give him the benefit of the doubt and not assume he said the most idiotic thing ever? You do know pro athletes misuse words sometimes and when read instead of heard get misinterpreted?
No.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
adamq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious.. They are just further embarrassing themselves by bringing this to everyone's attention.

-kiltman

Last edited by adamq on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dude needs to keep his mouth shut. What a foolish thing to say, and way to become the laughing stock of the NFL, at least for a moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: