Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fascinating... (PFF OG ranks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Fascinating... (PFF OG ranks) Reply with quote

Saw this posted at BtB. Don't have a subscription to check, but this is interesting to me (although PFF is certainly suspect):

Quote:
name…rank…percentile
Grubbs…13…84
Livings…15…82
Nicks……16…80

If that's anywhere near true (I don't necessarily agree-- I think Livings has been just a little better than our other interior linemen) then he's been a steal.

thoughts?
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks ranking is an aberration. He was injured. The thing why I was against Nicks was because given the amount he was going to cost - I felt he didn't have long term value. But no one can doubt he is elite.

Livings has been a pleasant surprise. And excellent value. But given the Chance, I would have preferred Grubbs. I wonder if it were not for the penalty - how that would have shaped our off-season.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15th best guard? Out of 64? Is that what's being presented here?

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF has been and continues to be a joke with their rankings... dont believe me? Spencer over Ware according to them

Sig courtesy of mack.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
PFF has been and continues to be a joke with their rankings... dont believe me? Spencer over Ware according to them

Is that for this year? Because if we're all being honest here, Spencer has outplayed Ware much of the year. It seems like it anyways. Maybe the stats say differently but I just have seen Spencer make more plays it seems like. I know Ware is battling through injuries though.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Is that for this year? Because if we're all being honest here, Spencer has outplayed Ware much of the year. It seems like it anyways. Maybe the stats say differently but I just have seen Spencer make more plays it seems like. I know Ware is battling through injuries though.

It's not just you that has thought that. As much as I hate to admit it, Spencer has been the all around better OLB this year. No, he doesn't get many sacks, but his play against the run and his coverage on passing plays has been impressive. It will also drive up his price tag, making it highly unlikely that we resign him in the offseason. Since I have never and probably never will like Spencer, I'm fine with letting him walk if demands to be paid top dollar.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

It's not just you that has thought that. As much as I hate to admit it, Spencer has been the all around better OLB this year. No, he doesn't get many sacks, but his play against the run and his coverage on passing plays has been impressive. It will also drive up his price tag, making it highly unlikely that we resign him in the offseason. Since I have never and probably never will like Spencer, I'm fine with letting him walk if demands to be paid top dollar.

Ware has more TFL, more total pressures, and theyre about the same in penalties.

PFF says hes the best OLB in the game

Sig courtesy of mack.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
htfryar wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Ware has more TFL, more total pressures, and theyre about the same in penalties.

PFF says hes the best OLB in the game

By no means am I saying Ware has been bad. It just seems like when watching the games, I come away thinking how good Spencer was more often than I have Ware this year.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to understand that teams run away from Ware, because he is so good against the run. Teams gameplan for Ware all week. It gives Spencer a lot of opportunities to shine, or not shine. If you are preparing for the Cowboys defense 'Ware' is a name that is going to get mentioned, heard, and repeated multiple times throughout practice. They also double or even triple Ware in pass pro. Spencer has many many many more opportunities to make a play on the ball, yet his stats are still slightly less than that of Wares. Spencer has been good this year, but he hasn't been better than Ware.

Just.... just no.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
You have to understand that teams run away from Ware, because he is so good against the run. Teams gameplan for Ware all week. It gives Spencer a lot of opportunities to shine, or not shine. If you are preparing for the Cowboys defense 'Ware' is a name that is going to get mentioned, heard, and repeated multiple times throughout practice. They also double or even triple Ware in pass pro. Spencer has many many many more opportunities to make a play on the ball, yet his stats are still slightly less than that of Wares. Spencer has been good this year, but he hasn't been better than Ware.

Just.... just no.

This year, it seems like Ware has been running himself out of a LOT of plays. He is trying so hard to get to the QB that he ends up too far upfield and the RB ends up getting outside. Spencer seems to take better angles against the run and is the better of the 2 in coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I would still rather have Ware over Spencer. I'm just saying that this year, Spencer has had a better all around performance, but Ware is still the more dynamic playmaker and it's not even close. If teams weren't devoting 2 blockers to Ware on every play, Spencer wouldn't even be having the success he has had. If some team pays Spencer big money and then expects him to be as disruptive as Ware, they are going to suffer some serious buyer's remorse.

Now to get this subject back on topic, I have been pleasantly surprised by Nate Livings this year. When he was signed, I read the scouting reports and comments by Bengal fans and was less than enthused. Livings is not a Pro Bowl caliber player, but he is better than we've had the last couple years.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: