Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking @ the possibility of trade down scenario.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like weeden but if we're being honest... if alex smith hit market i'd want him. we have the makings for a better offensive surrounding cast than SF and we can draft all defense.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great post

how about mike vick?
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
i like weeden but if we're being honest... if alex smith hit market i'd want him. we have the makings for a better offensive surrounding cast than SF and we can draft all defense.

I dont know, Alex Smith at this point is a game manager at best it would seem. I mean, Brandon Weeden has 4 games to score 5 touchdowns and match Alex Smith's best touchdown mark in his career
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

I dont know, Alex Smith at this point is a game manager at best it would seem. I mean, Brandon Weeden has 4 games to score 5 touchdowns and match Alex Smith's best touchdown mark in his career

over the past 25 games he has 30 TD 10 INT
425/662
64.1%
4875 YD
7.36 YPA

if we had that this year, we'd be 8-4 instead of 4-8

oh and hes younger than weedsman
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to mention he's had constant steady improvement in the past four years

and they dont have josh gordon
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

425/662
64.1%
4875 YD
7.36 YPA

Im no Weeden fan, but I just don't see Alex Smith as being anything more than a stop gap.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

425/662
64.1%
4875 YD
7.36 YPA

Im no Weeden fan, but I just don't see Alex Smith as being anything more than a stop gap.

I really like Weeden BUT how is a younger Alex Smith a stop gap?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

425/662
64.1%
4875 YD
7.36 YPA

I think Weeden still has room to grow and improve. Smith has been in the NFL for so many years, I'm not sure if just how better he can still get.

He has become a decent QB though and it isn't the worst idea.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

Because in miles run and talent ceiling Alex Smith is a lot further along. He was average for 5 years, ok for one. Is he an upgrade over Weeden right now? Probably, but if you think Weeden has hit his ceiling we should never have drafted him in the first place.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Because in miles run and talent ceiling Alex Smith is a lot further along. He was average for 5 years, ok for one. Is he an upgrade over Weeden right now? Probably, but if you think Weeden has hit his ceiling we should never have drafted him in the first place.

fair enough, but I was just curious to your reasoning.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.... Never really thought of comparing the two.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been impressed with Smith's play since the beginning of last year. I thought he was a bust and while he's still not as productive as you'd expect out of a former #1 overall pick, he's become an above average quarterback. Still, the Browns are better off sticking with Weeden. If they were to go in a different direction at quarterback, they should go after a younger quarterback with more potential than Alex Smith.

As for trading down... Cleveland's biggest chance at trading down is if a team wants to trade up for a QB like Barkley. Although he's had a disappointing season, he'll still likely be a top 5-10 pick so depending on what the standings are at the end of the season, a team in need of a quarterback might need to trade up. I'm definitely interested in trading down, especially if the Browns aren't able to draft Jones, Teo or Moore. If they miss out on those players, then they'll ideally be able to trade down and draft somone such as Dion Jordan.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
I've been impressed with Smith's play since the beginning of last year. I thought he was a bust and while he's still not as productive as you'd expect out of a former #1 overall pick, he's become an above average quarterback. Still, the Browns are better off sticking with Weeden. If they were to go in a different direction at quarterback, they should go after a younger quarterback with more potential than Alex Smith.

As for trading down... Cleveland's biggest chance at trading down is if a team wants to trade up for a QB like Barkley. Although he's had a disappointing season, he'll still likely be a top 5-10 pick so depending on what the standings are at the end of the season, a team in need of a quarterback might need to trade up. I'm definitely interested in trading down, especially if the Browns aren't able to draft Jones, Teo or Moore. If they miss out on those players, then they'll ideally be able to trade down and draft somone such as Dion Jordan.

I'd rather Millner Banks or Rhodes @CB than Jordan @LB.

DawgX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I'd rather Millner Banks or Rhodes @CB than Jordan @LB.

You mean DE? And I haven't seen enough of Banks or Rhodes to say if I like them or not. I think I rather sign a veteran cornerback, though.
elfman55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
elfman55 wrote:
The BROWNS will be trying very hard to trade down to aquire a 2nd, if they are unable to do this than they will almost certainly trade up into the 2nd rd. This off-season is so very important, between FA & the draft. IMO a good or great off-season puts us into play-off contention or Division-(dare I say)Super Bowl contention. IMO aquiring a 2nd rd pick will be a top priority.

elfman

Who in the 2nd round would we be trading up for?

I don't know who we might go after just stating the statagy the BROWNS will use at draft time. IMO it will be on the defensive side.

elfman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: