Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking @ the possibility of trade down scenario.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Looking @ the possibility of trade down scenario. Reply with quote

#1 there isn't a player worth a trade up in this draft IMO. That a said if you don't have a starting QB in this league your sucking.

#2 Teams that need a starting QB IMO.

KC - QB 9 B.Quinn 7 M.Cassel 12 R.Stanzi

AZ - QB 14 R. Lindley 19 J. Skelton 4 K. Kolb

NYJ - QB 6 M. Sanchez 14 G. McElroy 15 T. Tebow

Here are the top 2 QB's that I think "might" be traded up for.

Geno Smith, West Virginia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 214.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.

Matt Barkley, USC
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.83.

current draft order.

Here is where it could get real interesting if KC decides to go BPA and draft a Lt and try to grab a QB later or roll with what they got @ QB.

I expect the Cards and the Jets to make a play for the QB's though the trade value will not be near what RG3 got. Maybe less than what Cleveland got for the J.Jones trade with ATL.

Maybe a their 1&2 and next years 2 for the Browns 1.

Thoughts?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams, Phins, and Bengals have the extra pick this year to spend, but they are not trading up for a QB...

Smith (who I like) and Barkley (who is crap) have not wowed anyone this season, and can only hope on being OVER drafted due to position...

Lots of teams possibly shopping veteran QBs this year as well... with some hitting FA.

I just dont see a trade down in the cards this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 QBs will be taken In the top 12 this year with 1 being traded up for. Mark my words.

If we finish between 5-10 we might be able to trade down a few spots. I don't see how that's inconceivable.

<3 JF
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
3 QBs will be taken In the top 12 this year with 1 being traded up for. Mark my words.

If we finish between 5-10 we might be able to trade down a few spots. I don't see how that's inconceivable.

its possible...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

its possible...

I agree with Pnies

Someone MAY have to trade up for a QB.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Rams, Phins, and Bengals have the extra pick this year to spend, but they are not trading up for a QB...

Smith (who I like) and Barkley (who is crap) have not wowed anyone this season, and can only hope on being OVER drafted due to position...

Lots of teams possibly shopping veteran QBs this year as well... with some hitting FA.

Who is gonna hit the FA Market? Mike Vick, teams will sure knocking the door down of an interception and injury prone felon that is on the wrong side of 30.

Who else ya got in FA?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the farther down we draft the more likely a trade down. Say we are at pick 12 a team that just missed the playoffs at say pick 18 or lower may think a player at pick 12 might put them in the playoffs. Than you got your teams that exit early may try to trade up for that one player like Atlanta did with us. With the new rookie salary scale there will be some trades.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:

Who's your third? Bray? Murray? Jones?

DawgSoldier wrote:

Who else ya got in FA?

Jason Campbell, Tavaris Jackson, Matt Moore, (probably) Tim Tebow, (Probably) Michael Vick, (possible) Alex Smith and potentially (.01%) Joe Flacco will all be free agents this year who have had some significant starting experience.

I expect two will get starting opportunities next year. The Jaguars, Jets, Cardinals and Chiefs all need starting quarterbacks, the 9'ers, Vikings, and Bills may all be looking to add a veteran to the squad either as a reliable backup or a push-the-starter kind of option.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Neither do I due to to the nature of this and the influx of young QBs onto teams last year. There are more teams with options at QB this year than last. Unfortunately a trade down really makes sense for our team right now.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

DawgSoldier wrote:

Who else ya got in FA?

Jason Campbell, Tavaris Jackson, Matt Moore, (probably) Tim Tebow, (Probably) Michael Vick, (possible) Alex Smith and potentially (.01%) Joe Flacco will all be free agents this year who have had some significant starting experience.

I expect two will get starting opportunities next year. The Jaguars, Jets, Cardinals and Chiefs all need starting quarterbacks, the 9'ers, Vikings, and Bills may all be looking to add a veteran to the squad either as a reliable backup or a push-the-starter kind of option.

Tony Romo also

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Anything is possible this far from the draft. Either Qb or a dark horse might come out of nowhere in the bowls and pro days. Don't know yet. I didn't think RG3 would bring in as much as he did. We won't know unless the draft. I'm all for taking BPA at 7 or wherever we fall to.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

DawgSoldier wrote:

Who else ya got in FA?

Bray.

I also think Murray will go in the 20s. I'm a huge Murray fan.

<3 JF
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:

Bray.

Possible, though I expect him to go where Foles went, similar prospects in terms of good numbers and great size but questions everywhere else. Sort of a mid-2nd guy

H2ThaIzzo wrote:

Tony Romo also

I can't believe the flak he gets. He's not elite, but his offensive line has been atrocious and his receiving weapons have either been bad or malcontents his entire career. Meanwhile the guy has put up the following seasons:

65% 19 TD 13 Int
64% 36 TD 19 Int
61% 26 TD 14 Int
63% 29 TD 9 Int
69% 11 TD 7 Int (6 games)
66% 31 TD 10 Int
67% 19 TD 15 Int (12 games)

What would our record have been over the last decade with that kind of QB performance :S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BROWNS will be trying very hard to trade down to aquire a 2nd, if they are unable to do this than they will almost certainly trade up into the 2nd rd. This off-season is so very important, between FA & the draft. IMO a good or great off-season puts us into play-off contention or Division-(dare I say)Super Bowl contention. IMO aquiring a 2nd rd pick will be a top priority.

elfman
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elfman55 wrote:
The BROWNS will be trying very hard to trade down to aquire a 2nd, if they are unable to do this than they will almost certainly trade up into the 2nd rd. This off-season is so very important, between FA & the draft. IMO a good or great off-season puts us into play-off contention or Division-(dare I say)Super Bowl contention. IMO aquiring a 2nd rd pick will be a top priority.

elfman

Who in the 2nd round would we be trading up for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: