Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Release Coakley. Is He an Option?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballAnalyst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Cowboys Release Coakley. Is He an Option? Reply with quote

The Cowboys have released Dexter Coakley. He's an All-Pro Linebacker. Could he solve some of our problems,without us having to trade away so much for a top pick?
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaxley would be a situational player- you'd have to give him a couple of snaps a series to catch his breath and bring in Bockwoldt or James Allen. It's the only way he would last the whole season.(I'm worried about his age vs. the "extra work" he'll have to perform on the field as a Saint). Hopefully Derrick Rodgers can come back and contribute this year on the weakside.
LB Ed Hartwell is on my FA list if I'm the Saints, but Ian Gold would certianly fit. (both may be too much $$$ for Benson)
If Venturi would blitz more (like Zook did in 2000) then a guy like Kendrall Bell is a viable option.
FootballAnalyst

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers strong side
James Allen (possibly middle, I just don't like Watson that much)
Coakley weak

for some reason I like that better than what we've got. It's kind of a band-aid and not a real solid fix.

Coakley's good for 100 tackles.
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather see Hartwell or Bell because they are more everydown kind of guys, they can play the entire game without needing rest like Coakley will, and they are not as old as Coakley, he would definitely help the D, but i don't think he is the best option available.
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus he has already signed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: