Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Have you forgiven yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Favre be in the Packers Hall of Fame?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 52 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 78

Author Message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7827
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Right..

Your organization sucks and continues to suck which in turn makes us spoiled.

Go away.


He didn't choose the best words to make his point but he was complimenting you guys in his own way.

The current generation of Packer fans have been blessed. You went from an all time NFL great under center right into Aaron Rodgers who is well on his way to being an even bigger all time great.

Maybe a less hostile response on your part next time?
He complimented us by calling us spoiled brats? You can stay, but he can GTFO.

Honestly, living in MN, you'd be very much in the minority sir. Viking fans that live around me are so fair weather that when Percy Harvin goes down with an injury they are ready to run him out of town. I understand that's not all, but there are fans like that here.

The way Brett left and his actions after are not things we are going to just forget. I still have a great appreciation for what he did for us, but as a person he's shown to be a pouty, vindictive scumbag. Why should the fans forgive him when he's shown disdain for the organization that took a chance on an immature, drunken diva and stuck by him during those times and his drug addiction, when Vikings radio personalities were trash talking him AND his "drunken wife" while wishing for Jared Allen to injure him (2007 season, why I stopped listening to KFan). He showed more love and appreciation for those people since his retirement then his Packer fans.

Why are some of us bitter again?
This. Without the Green Bay Packers, Brett Favre would be another statistic of why you shouldn't draft a QB in the 2nd round. With Ron Wolf running the team we would have found a franchise QB one way or another, and with the staff we had they would have developed just fine. We did more for him than he did for us, by a long, long ways.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19623
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Favre should be in the Packers HOF. Does that mean I have forgiven him, absolutely not.

I said this at the time. What I loved about Favre was he seemed to be the one superstar who got it. The game he played after his dad died seemed to say, "I'm an adult. Part of being an adult means you do things when other people are counting on you. I need to be out there because my teammates are counting on me."

Juxtaposition that to the guy who basically said "if you don't let me do whatever I want whenever I want to do it, you don't want me around."

It made me feel like everything I liked about the guy was a sham.
_________________

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13689
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23 and I voted yes. Explained my stance in depth earlier in the thread.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7951
Location: Titletown for the summer!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Right..

Your organization sucks and continues to suck which in turn makes us spoiled.

Go away.


He didn't choose the best words to make his point but he was complimenting you guys in his own way.

The current generation of Packer fans have been blessed. You went from an all time NFL great under center right into Aaron Rodgers who is well on his way to being an even bigger all time great.

Maybe a less hostile response on your part next time?


I know what he was saying but lets put the shoe on the other foot. Let's suppose Adrian Peterson pulls a similar stunt. He 'retires' and tries to finagle his way out of his contract and goes to GB, Detroit or Chicago so he can stick it to you guys because your GM wouldn't give him his unconditional release after drafting his replacement. Would your fan base be all forgiving? Most Packer fans rightly or wrongly were so devoted to him they ignored his obvious faults. When Favre turned Benedict Arnold fans felt betrayed and turned on him like a spurned lover. Most fans today like me are pretty ambivalent about him and remember his playing days fondly but aren't crazy about the man off the field. There are some who will never forgive him and I can understand why they feel that way.

We have been a spoiled lot but I'm 59 years old so I remember all too clearly the dark decades of the 70s and 80s and know those times can return at any time once this regime is gone.


I can say with 100% honesty I wouldn't care if Peterson did that especially if we had a player of Rodgers calibur waiting in the wings. I don't get a attached to players or put them on a pedestal. The NFL is a business and stuff like this is going to happen. Peterson being a runningback in a passing league would also make it less painful.


We fans hoped but had no way of knowing Rodgers was going to turn out as good as he is. Favre probably saw what we had in AR at practices and I truly believe this is why he "retired" after the 2007 season when he feared he might not win the starting job and had no desire to be Aaron's backup.

I know it sounds silly but we Packer fans have a very different attachment to our team and its players than most other NFL fans do for their teams and players. We feel this way because so many of us (like me) are shareholders. It is this community ownership that causes us to be such fervent fans and why we become so devoted to our star players, especially our QBs. Bart Starr could run for governor of WI and win in a landslide. I doubt Favre could run for dog catcher... Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13689
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
We fans hoped but had no way of knowing Rodgers was going to turn out as good as he is. Favre probably saw what we had in AR at practices and I truly believe this is why he "retired" after the 2007 season when he feared he might not win the starting job and had no desire to be Aaron's backup.

I know it sounds silly but we Packer fans have a very different attachment to our team and its players than most other NFL fans do for their teams and players. We feel this way because so many of us (like me) are shareholders. It is this community ownership that causes us to be such fervent fans and why we become so devoted to our star players, especially our QBs. Bart Starr could run for governor of WI and win in a landslide. I doubt Favre could run for dog catcher... Wink
I would have bet my life's pay that Rodgers was going to be great. Told anyone that would listen especially the Pack fans that were worried about Favors leaving. I know it. I could have been wrong but I wasn't.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dunderhead


Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Posts: 2547
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you forgiven yet? Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:
went to a couple of games with my dad this season at Lambeau (I boast a 10-1 record at lambeau now Smile )

went to the Packers HoF for the first time. Its well done. But I couldn't help but feel a bit sick to my stomach when i saw Favre is not in it.

I mean Mark Chumara (sp) is in there and he was convicted for donking his babysitter right?

NO! He was NOT convicted and that is slander.

Whether you loved or hated him i think the guy should be in your HoF. Half the exhibits in the place from the modern era have him in the forefront.

yes or no for the HoF for #4.


I could care less what they do with Favre. He felt no loyalty to the Packers or the fans, so why should the franchise or fans feel loyalty to him. In fact, he choose to go to a division rival, let them put him in their HOS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
40Year Pack Fan


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 680
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:


Some may say that you truly haven't moved past it by selectively remembering the past and choosing not to remember what really happened.

I think of him as a traitor to the organization, but by no means do I lose sleep over it, or go to message boards to vilify the guy- in my eyes he has done that well enough for himself. A lot of people on this board who are young haven't even watched his whole career so are going off of hearsay- probably what their fathers have told them. That he came in and took GB off the map in terms of relevancy, yadda yadda. When in fact that was Ron Wolf, Holmgren and to a larger extent Bob Harlan. It was the start of Free Agency as we know it and the new brass as Palmy call it was refreshing and had a vision of the way a team was suppose to be run.



I hate to say it, but you just proved your own point......You seemed to have conveniently glazed over a few facts about what really happened.....Yes, it wasn't only Favre who was the catalyst for our return to prominence....However, Reggie White clearly stated that a big part of him deciding to come to Green Bay was that he believed they had the quarterback to take them to the Super Bowl....And once they got White into the fold, it was him who lobbied the Packers to get free agents like Sean Jones and Eugene Robinson.....So w/o Favre, no Reggie White, and w/o White and other important free agent pick ups, no Championship in 1996.....


I really have no idea what the point of your rebuttal was.


It's really quite simple.....You clearly stated that Favre is given way too much credit for the Packer's resurgence in the 90's......So, IF you read my post (this time without blinders on) you can see I've stated Favre was a big reason Reggie White decided to play with us (my "rebuttal" to your comment).....After that, things snow balled....White than went on to help recruit other free agents......Without Favre, very quite possibly no White......No White, very quite possibly no other significant free agent signings, and no championship......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scuba St3ve


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 196
Location: Ashwaubenon
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the GOAT packer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10322
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:
the GOAT packer


lol

Not even the GOAT Packers QB

1 - Don Hutson
2 - Bart Starr
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sandybaby716


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3627
Location: Rhode Island
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:
the GOAT packer


lol

Not even the GOAT Packers QB

1 - Don Hutson
2 - Bart Starr


Don Hutson. GOAT QB.
_________________
wgbeethree wrote:
In all fairness it is kind of rude to just lay injured at their feet while the Lions defensive players are trying to hold a completely unrelated dance party.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10322
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:
the GOAT packer


lol

Not even the GOAT Packers QB

1 - Don Hutson
2 - Bart Starr


Don Hutson. GOAT QB.


Obviously that is the 2 Packers who are hands down without a doubt above Favre as Packers. Razz
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4284
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuba St3ve wrote:
the GOAT packer

Yup.










Right after Allan Rossum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47540
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it might be difficult to do, but I would like to think that Favre should be remembered for his time as a Packer and not what happened afterwords. Favre's legacy should be as a Packer and I think most reasonable Packer fans understand this. I dont understand how there can be so much hate towards Favre or that he has to be forgiven. The Packers moved onto a different QB and Favre still wanted to play. Favre shouldnt have to call it a career if he still feels he can mentally and physically play just for the sake of keeping his legacy entirely as a Packer. Further, just because the Packers want to move onto a younger QB doesnt mean Favre should have to retire and call it a career, he should be free to play where he is able to. It was a business decision from both sides, and I would like to think overtime that most fans will become understanding of this. Whether Favre was only in it for the money, the fame or to get back at his old team should be irrelevant, every player in this league has motives that drive there career. I dont think its fair to question those motives since we are not part of his life, his team and his families decision making process.

The Packers had the opportunity to welcome Favre back when he unretired, but they didnt and moved on to Aaron Rodgers. Kudos for that decision, it obviously worked out well, but I think Favre should have had the opportunity to pursue other opportunities if he pleased without fans getting so hurt or even wanting to forget.

Favre's legacy and everything that he did to contribute to some great Packers teams in the 1990s should always be remembered and respected, no matter what team you are a fan of. At least that is how I see from as an opposing fan.

When I was young, I used to be attached to players, especially guys like Cris Carter, John Randle and Randy Moss (2005). However, overtime I have found myself caring less and less about individual players and more about the team. Peterson could leave tomorrow and demand to be traded to the Packers, it really wouldnt bother me. Same goes for Harvin, Allen, heck even Christian Ponder. Laughing Players come and go and I would like to think players will always be remember for what they contributed to the team and not decision that they have to make for themselves and there family.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7951
Location: Titletown for the summer!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I know it might be difficult to do, but I would like to think that Favre should be remembered for his time as a Packer and not what happened afterwords. Favre's legacy should be as a Packer and I think most reasonable Packer fans understand this. I dont understand how there can be so much hate towards Favre or that he has to be forgiven. The Packers moved onto a different QB and Favre still wanted to play. Favre shouldnt have to call it a career if he still feels he can mentally and physically play just for the sake of keeping his legacy entirely as a Packer. Further, just because the Packers want to move onto a younger QB doesnt mean Favre should have to retire and call it a career, he should be free to play where he is able to. It was a business decision from both sides, and I would like to think overtime that most fans will become understanding of this. Whether Favre was only in it for the money, the fame or to get back at his old team should be irrelevant, every player in this league has motives that drive there career. I dont think its fair to question those motives since we are not part of his life, his team and his families decision making process.

The Packers had the opportunity to welcome Favre back when he unretired, but they didnt and moved on to Aaron Rodgers. Kudos for that decision, it obviously worked out well, but I think Favre should have had the opportunity to pursue other opportunities if he pleased without fans getting so hurt or even wanting to forget.

Favre's legacy and everything that he did to contribute to some great Packers teams in the 1990s should always be remembered and respected, no matter what team you are a fan of. At least that is how I see from as an opposing fan.

When I was young, I used to be attached to players, especially guys like Cris Carter, John Randle and Randy Moss (2005). However, overtime I have found myself caring less and less about individual players and more about the team. Peterson could leave tomorrow and demand to be traded to the Packers, it really wouldnt bother me. Same goes for Harvin, Allen, heck even Christian Ponder. Laughing Players come and go and I would like to think players will always be remember for what they contributed to the team and not decision that they have to make for themselves and there family.


The thing is he didn't have to "retire" after the 2007 season! I think he would have been our starter in 2008 had he chose to return. It is inconceivable to me that a guy would want out after a season like he had in 2007 so as I said above he didn't want to risk losing his job to Rodgers and end up being his backup. But once he "retired" they jumped at the chance to move forward with Rodgers. I think Favre wanted to continue playing but not in GB. He wanted to go to MN and join Bevell but there was no way in hell Packers' management wanted him in the NFCN. Favre just took a one year detour in NY after the trade before he landed where he wanted to all along.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 30494
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Scuba St3ve wrote:
the GOAT packer


lol

Not even the GOAT Packers QB

1 - Don Hutson
2 - Bart Starr


Don Hutson. GOAT QB.


Obviously that is the 2 Packers who are hands down without a doubt above Favre as Packers. Razz


won't be long til rodgers is above too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group