Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Have you forgiven yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Favre be in the Packers Hall of Fame?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 52 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 78

Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Some may say that you truly haven't moved past it by selectively remembering the past and choosing not to remember what really happened.

I think of him as a traitor to the organization, but by no means do I lose sleep over it, or go to message boards to vilify the guy- in my eyes he has done that well enough for himself. A lot of people on this board who are young haven't even watched his whole career so are going off of hearsay- probably what their fathers have told them. That he came in and took GB off the map in terms of relevancy, yadda yadda. When in fact that was Ron Wolf, Holmgren and to a larger extent Bob Harlan. It was the start of Free Agency as we know it and the new brass as Palmy call it was refreshing and had a vision of the way a team was suppose to be run.

I hate to say it, but you just proved your own point......You seemed to have conveniently glazed over a few facts about what really happened.....Yes, it wasn't only Favre who was the catalyst for our return to prominence....However, Reggie White clearly stated that a big part of him deciding to come to Green Bay was that he believed they had the quarterback to take them to the Super Bowl....And once they got White into the fold, it was him who lobbied the Packers to get free agents like Sean Jones and Eugene Robinson.....So w/o Favre, no Reggie White, and w/o White and other important free agent pick ups, no Championship in 1996.....

I really have no idea what the point of your rebuttal was.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeybrowner47 wrote:
ok im just gonna say it. you packer fans are some of the most spoiled fans in the nfl. im sure you were upset with favre when he pulled his annual charade and teddy finally called his bluff, what you all forget is that brett continued to waver about retiring because he didnt know how to leave the game that he loved so much. apparently you all forget about the 70s-80s and the abyss that was nfl football in green bay. Favre PUT your beloved pack back on the map and made you relevant again. the same fire that burned in him that made you all love him was what drove him to prove all the doubters wrong that he was washed up and led him to become a viking. i have to tell you that even when favre was a packer i loved him, man i wished he was the vikes qb. he killed us pretty much every time we played him (or at least it seemed like it.) im 36 years old and my squad has broken my heart every year of my life, at this point i wear my fandom as a badge of honor. we are the cubs of the nfl. my view from not too far away is that being a packer fan must be pretty rewarding. leave the petty bitching and moaning to us groveling vikes fans and enjoy what you have. Maybe you guys arent quite ready to forgive but when you are let the man have his day.

Right..

Your organization sucks and continues to suck which in turn makes us spoiled.

Go away.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:

Right..

Go away.

He didn't choose the best words to make his point but he was complimenting you guys in his own way.

The current generation of Packer fans have been blessed. You went from an all time NFL great under center right into Aaron Rodgers who is well on his way to being an even bigger all time great.

Maybe a less hostile response on your part next time?
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Right..

Go away.

He didn't choose the best words to make his point but he was complimenting you guys in his own way.

The current generation of Packer fans have been blessed. You went from an all time NFL great under center right into Aaron Rodgers who is well on his way to being an even bigger all time great.

i'd be real interested to see if people that voted in this thread were willing to put their age by their posts. wondering how much of a generational vote this is. My guess is if you watched packer football from Majkowski or before you 95% voted yes.

<--36 btw
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:

<--36 btw

33 years old and I vote yes
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Right..

Go away.

I know what he was saying but lets put the shoe on the other foot. Let's suppose Adrian Peterson pulls a similar stunt. He 'retires' and tries to finagle his way out of his contract and goes to GB, Detroit or Chicago so he can stick it to you guys because your GM wouldn't give him his unconditional release after drafting his replacement. Would your fan base be all forgiving? Most Packer fans rightly or wrongly were so devoted to him they ignored his obvious faults. When Favre turned Benedict Arnold fans felt betrayed and turned on him like a spurned lover. Most fans today like me are pretty ambivalent about him and remember his playing days fondly but aren't crazy about the man off the field. There are some who will never forgive him and I can understand why they feel that way.

We have been a spoiled lot but I'm 59 years old so I remember all too clearly the dark decades of the 70s and 80s and know those times can return at any time once this regime is gone.

Last edited by Pugger on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so inconceivable that we just believe the guy is a gigantic tool, and us as a group of people aren't for that. Yeah he was good in his day fine but he totally screwed himself later on and I'm glad he's gone at this point. I'm 19, but my dad's 55 and he's been a Packer fan since he was a young kid and he feels the exact same way. It comes down to your ability to tolerate someone putting himself before the people that LOVED the dude when he was here. I don't tolerate it, and a lot of others don't either.

To answer the question, yes he should be in the hall. Simply too good of a QB for our franchise not too be when he was on his game. That's all though. He shouldn't even be seriously considered for the Ring of Honor and if he gets in I certainly wouldn't like it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Right..

Go away.

I know what he was saying but lets put the shoe on the other foot. Let's suppose Adrian Peterson pulls a similar stunt. He 'retires' and tries to finagle his way out of his contract and goes to GB, Detroit or Chicago so he can stick it to you guys because your GM wouldn't give him his unconditional release after drafting his replacement. Would your fan base be all forgiving? Most Packer fans rightly or wrongly were so devoted to him they ignored his obvious faults. When Favre turned Benedict Arnold fans felt betrayed and turned on him like a spurned lover. Most fans today like me are pretty ambivalent about him and remember his playing days fondly but aren't crazy about the man off the field. There are some who will never forgive him and I can understand why they feel that way.

We have been a spoiled lot but I'm 59 years old so I remember all too clearly the dark decades of the 70s and 80s and know those times can return at any time once this regime is gone.

I can say with 100% honesty I wouldn't care if Peterson did that especially if we had a player of Rodgers calibur waiting in the wings. I don't get a attached to players or put them on a pedestal. The NFL is a business and stuff like this is going to happen. Peterson being a runningback in a passing league would also make it less painful.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There shouldn't even be a discussion.

Brett Favre is a scumbag. Period. End of story. He deserves no forgiveness. He's done SO MANY things since leaving GB that have proven this. So many. Fans of every other team were sick of his crap. Look at how he maneuvered his way out of NY.

Just a bunch of BS. I don't care what he did for our organization. That's not an excuse. It doesn't matter that we had Rodgers waiting. None of that stuff changes Favre's actions, which were childish and pathetic.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21. Voted No. I explained myself earlier. When you play the game solely to "get back" at the Packers, it should automatically disqualify you from the Packers HOF.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big point in this is thoughts on forgiveness.

Personally, I don't believe someone can be forgiven unless they ask for forgiveness and are truly remorseful for their actions. I don't think that is ever going to happen, and that is part of what caused the whole problem in the first place, ego. Why should Packer fans forgive Favre just because time went by if he won't even admit he was wrong or apologize? That's what I get out of him refusing to even respond to an invite to Holmgren's Packers HoF induction.

I'd still put him in the Packers HoF, maybe without even inviting him. His play on the field deserved that. His actions off the field however make me not want to see his name in the stadium every time I go to a Packers game.

Now here's a question...

What would you do if he was voted into the Packers HoF, invited, and declined? I think that might be a real possibility.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Now here's a question...

What would you do if he was voted into the Packers HoF, invited, and declined? I think that might be a real possibility.

If he is stupid enough to decline that honor then you keep him out forever. That would not only be an insult to the fans but also all the Packer greats that came before him.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

Now here's a question...

I hope they never will invite him, but if this happened I would LOL. I think that most NFL fans would side with the Packers on this saying that doing that would be a classy move, then Favre rejects? That would make him look like the ultimate jackass.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Now here's a question...

I hope they never will invite him, but if this happened I would LOL. I think that most NFL fans would side with the Packers on this saying that doing that would be a classy move, then Favre rejects? That would make him look like the ultimate jackass.

And trying to bury the hatchet and invite him to Holmgren's induction isn't good enough? If he'd refuse to even respond to that, I wouldn't be surprised if he declined coming to his own as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Right..

Go away.

He complimented us by calling us spoiled brats? You can stay, but he can GTFO.

Honestly, living in MN, you'd be very much in the minority sir. Viking fans that live around me are so fair weather that when Percy Harvin goes down with an injury they are ready to run him out of town. I understand that's not all, but there are fans like that here.

The way Brett left and his actions after are not things we are going to just forget. I still have a great appreciation for what he did for us, but as a person he's shown to be a pouty, vindictive scumbag. Why should the fans forgive him when he's shown disdain for the organization that took a chance on an immature, drunken diva and stuck by him during those times and his drug addiction, when Vikings radio personalities were trash talking him AND his "drunken wife" while wishing for Jared Allen to injure him (2007 season, why I stopped listening to KFan). He showed more love and appreciation for those people since his retirement then his Packer fans.

Why are some of us bitter again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: