Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Have you forgiven yet?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Favre be in the Packers Hall of Fame?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 52 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 78

dawgsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Have you forgiven yet? Reply with quote

went to a couple of games with my dad this season at Lambeau (I boast a 10-1 record at lambeau now Smile )

went to the Packers HoF for the first time. Its well done. But I couldn't help but feel a bit sick to my stomach when i saw Favre is not in it.

I mean Mark Chumara (sp) is in there and he was convicted for donking his babysitter right?

Whether you loved or hated him i think the guy should be in your HoF. Half the exhibits in the place from the modern era have him in the forefront.

yes or no for the HoF for #4.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually, but not yet.

Eventually Favre and the Packers will make peace, and it will happen then, but unless Favre makes the first step, it will happen after TT, MM are gone.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers Hall of Fame, I am completely fine with.

Ring of Honor inside Lambeau? Never
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, looks like we'll have to wait until Favre turns into a big boy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/03/packers-hall-of-fame-reaches-out-to-brett-favre/
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I honestly don't even care anymore. Back when this whole fiasco went down, I absolutely hated Favre. Hated him. During his last season with Minny he was playing behind an average o-line and getting creamed so many times a game. I thought it was hilarious.

Then, after the Packers won the SB in 2010, I really kind of forgot about him. The memories of his days and greatest plays were replaced by Aaron and his epic run (esp. last year).

Of course, there are a few moments I'll never forget. The SB against NE. The Antonio Freeman MNF catch against Minny. The Jennings OT winner against Denver. The Oakland game after his dad died. Those are legend moments that I will never forget as a fan of the Packers, but I can tell you I don't hold Favre up as a god amongst men anymore.

It's not like Favre has anything to be ashamed of as far as losing his job to Rodgers. You didn't lose out to some #1 pick who turned out to be Tim Couch V2. You lost your job to an eventual league MVP, Superbowl MVP, and Superbowl champion. You were on the wrong side of time, a young gun who was better than you (or equal at the time) took your job when you quit, and those are the breaks. He needs to get over whatever animosity he has with this staff and organization.

It's actually sad when you think about it. He could have gone to anyone in the NFC not named Minnesota, Detroit, or Chicago, and I don't think Packer nation would have hated him. But to go to the VIKINGS? Dude could have been GOD in this state and IMO ruined all of that. Prior to 2007, there's not a person in Lambeau who would boo Favre, counting even rival fans.

Now? I don't know. I can't say I care.

R-E-L-A-X
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgiven him for what? He didn't do anything wrong?

He should be awarded our highest honor.

And no, Chmura was NOT found guilty of bonking his babysitter. He's just a creep.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

It was unforgivable for me when, while on the Jets, he tried to help the Lions' coaches prepare for a game against the Packers, instead of worrying about his own game. I'm pretty sure the Jets were still in the playoff hunt at that point. And being in the AFC an NFC match-up had no bearing on his team at all. It was just petty revenge, which failed by the way.

Then "the best team he ever played for" didn't win the Super Bowl but the Packers did the following year. There is some justice in this world.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
DannyB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first: Favre absolutely should be in the Packers HoF, and it'll happen once the two parties can start communicating effectively.

But, to the question of if I've forgiven him yet? I mean, I guess I've "forgiven" him. I'm not really actively angry at the guy. However, he still annoys me, all of his antics over the past several years have been annoying, and he'll probably continue to annoy me for awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
You know, I honestly don't even care anymore. Back when this whole fiasco went down, I absolutely hated Favre. Hated him. During his last season with Minny he was playing behind an average o-line and getting creamed so many times a game. I thought it was hilarious.

Then, after the Packers won the SB in 2010, I really kind of forgot about him. The memories of his days and greatest plays were replaced by Aaron and his epic run (esp. last year).

Of course, there are a few moments I'll never forget. The SB against NE. The Antonio Freeman MNF catch against Minny. The Jennings OT winner against Denver. The Oakland game after his dad died. Those are legend moments that I will never forget as a fan of the Packers, but I can tell you I don't hold Favre up as a god amongst men anymore.

It's not like Favre has anything to be ashamed of as far as losing his job to Rodgers. You didn't lose out to some #1 pick who turned out to be Tim Couch V2. You lost your job to an eventual league MVP, Superbowl MVP, and Superbowl champion. You were on the wrong side of time, a young gun who was better than you (or equal at the time) took your job when you quit, and those are the breaks. He needs to get over whatever animosity he has with this staff and organization.

It's actually sad when you think about it. He could have gone to anyone in the NFC not named Minnesota, Detroit, or Chicago, and I don't think Packer nation would have hated him. But to go to the VIKINGS? Dude could have been GOD in this state and IMO ruined all of that. Prior to 2007, there's not a person in Lambeau who would boo Favre, counting even rival fans.

Now? I don't know. I can't say I care.

You couldn't have said it better.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hate him. He should be in the Packers HoF though. No doubt about it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F it. We all know he only left to do an epic troll job on the Vikings. TAKE ME OUT OF YOUR SIG! THAT'S HOW YOU SAY THAT WORD
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
First things first: Favre absolutely should be in the Packers HoF, and it'll happen once the two parties can start communicating effectively.

Yeah, Like it or not, Favre helped put the Packers back on the map after a very long hiatus.....Guys like Reggie White, Sean Jones, or Andre Rison may not have come to GB if it weren't for Favre.....He is the white elephant in the room that this organization is gonna have to acknowledge sooner or later.....
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Favre for now. Give me 10 years and I'll reconsider.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre thing never bothered me as much as most. I had my believes and hopes laid with Rodgers the day he came into that Cowboys game in 2007 and light it up. Rodgers was my guy from the very second Favre retired the first time.

The thing that bothered me most was the way he handled everything with the Packers. He was a child about it. He didn't want to compete so we showed him the door. Him being a Jet never bothered me besides the fact that i hate the Jets. Then we became a Viking. Him being a Viking never bothered me either except for again that i hated them more than any other team at that point. Favre could still play elite ball and he showed it his first year with the Vikings. HE had arguably his best season. The fact he was no longer playing for GB and even went to a hated rival never bothered me to much, the thing that bothered me was his attitude towards the Packers organization. The things he said about Thompson. The way he never reached out to Rodgers. The way he never maned up and took the blame on his shoulders for flip flopping constantly.

My respect for Favre the football player never wavered. He's one of the best of all time and 95% of that was with us and for us. Favre as a man? I lost respect for sure. Wounds have had time to heal and i would be the first in line to watch him come in to Lambeau field and get his recognition for what he did with/for us. The day he comes back to Lambeau will be a good day for all of us, or at least it should be.

Kempes on the custom sig!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ran the Packers HOF, if you willingly signed with the Vikings/Bears/Lions to try to "get back" at the Packers, your shot at the HOF is done. He did everything he could to disrespect the Packer fans and the organization. It isn't all about what you did on the field but the acts you do off of it as well. Brett Favre has no place in the Packers HOF.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: